Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2008, 05:42 PM   #16
Smith
Monzon-like
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 2,984
vCash: 484
Default Re: I just watched Arthur v Foster jnr again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM83
Ok Gomez made him look like a monkey..........what's your point? Thomson made Haye look like a monkey, it was a wake up call and he's learned from it. The same thing applies with Arthur. Being a Euro champ means very little? you tell that to the guys who get in the ring for a living who would give anything to retire saying they had been a Euro Champ at some point during their career.

You say Arthur doesn't have this other level....how are you so sure? until he's been in the ring and we find out for real no one knows for sure and it's ignorant and arrogant to claim otherwise.

Maybe against Guzman he will be out of his depth,maybe he won't. But he's earned this fight, guys like Rees and Maccarinelli had done nothing to get their shot. So why have people got a problem with Arthur getting his opportunity? coz in my opinion he's earned it. He might not have looked convincing in every fight since Gomez but he's got the victory and that's what matters.

How about a little bit of support for the guy instead of slagging him off?
The best post I have seen for a long time,
Smith is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:20 AM   #17
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,976
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I just watched Arthur v Foster jnr again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM83
Ok Gomez made him look like a monkey..........what's your point? Thomson made Haye look like a monkey, it was a wake up call and he's learned from it. The same thing applies with Arthur. Being a Euro champ means very little? you tell that to the guys who get in the ring for a living who would give anything to retire saying they had been a Euro Champ at some point during their career.

You say Arthur doesn't have this other level....how are you so sure? until he's been in the ring and we find out for real no one knows for sure and it's ignorant and arrogant to claim otherwise.

Maybe against Guzman he will be out of his depth,maybe he won't. But he's earned this fight, guys like Rees and Maccarinelli had done nothing to get their shot.

How about a little bit of support for the guy instead of slagging him off?
No thankyou I will not support him. AAA is overrated and a hype job. How has he earned this shot ? On the one hand you are telling me how the euro belt means something and on the other you shit on Rees and Macca. Well you yourself have made a good point about how titles mean nothing, even Rees and Macca have world titles. AAA is getting the same leg-up as Rees and Macca. All average fighters holding or have world title fights.

Did you not see his fight with Burns, he looked shit, it was such a shame Burns lacks a real big punch. As for Haye learning, has he ? Still has no defence and his stamina still looks suspect.

He could not produce this other level against UK level fighters so how the heck he going to do it against Guzman. I do not rate Guzman too highly but he brings a lot more to the table than AAA.

I will back Scot H everyday of the week because the guy had that touch of class and worked hard. AAA is the opposite, he talks shit and has looked shit in every fight I have sen him in.

Quote:
So why have people got a problem with Arthur getting his opportunity? coz in my opinion he's earned it. He might not have looked convincing in every fight since Gomez but he's got the victory and that's what matters.
I had a problem with Macca and Rees getting world title shots so it is not limited to Arthur. DW has won a fight since his loss to Audley, should he get another title shot ? NO.

Last edited by kurt2006; 01-30-2008 at 03:37 AM.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:33 AM   #18
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,976
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I just watched Arthur v Foster jnr again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boydsmith
Maybe so.....

But wow!!!!!!!.........................



You are a total twat with a very limited selective knowledge.

I salute you.
Your post clearly illustrate your lack of knowledge and why you should also be up for a world title shot. Then again you are probably already the WBS Emeritus Champ (World Bull Shitting).

Why pretend AAA is world class. He is not world class and never will be.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:41 AM   #19
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: england
Posts: 3,375
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I just watched Arthur v Foster jnr again...

arthur has improved since the gomez fight.

in saying that he was poor against foster.

kept shipping right hands again and didn't like the aggression from foster.

fortunately guzman is a boxer and won't pressure him. arthur prefers the time and space to work in fights. he's always been better against stand off boxers.

i still think guzman has too much for him though.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:11 AM   #20
dwilson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: I just watched Arthur v Foster jnr again...

Arthur is a great champ and although I think he may find it hard going against Guzman he still deserves his shot. The Euro title is a competative strap and an honour he's carried well. He will be fighting among the top tear of the sport for along time and I would not be surprised to see him become world champ at some point. Hopefully he will move up and ko Khan. I think that fight could happen at some point.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:03 AM   #21
AAA
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 101
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I just watched Arthur v Foster jnr again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006
Your post clearly illustrate your lack of knowledge and why you should also be up for a world title shot. Then again you are probably already the WBS Emeritus Champ (World Bull Shitting).

Why pretend AAA is world class. He is not world class and never will be.
You sir, are a fool. Stop moving the goalposts.

Arthur deserves a shot at Guzman more than anyone simply because he's walked the walk. He has built himself up through the ranks in a sensible and chronological order, and is now at the stage where he is fighting for a World title.

He got a few fights under his belt, then fought for the IBF intercontinental. Built on that and added the WBO belt to that. Followed on by beating Steve Conway to win the British title, then by taking the WBA International belt.

Defended his titles, and was KO'd by Gomez in 2003 for the British title. According to some that means his career is over...5 years on! But he recovered, reeled off defence after defence of his IBF belt before defeating our own Craig Docherty for the British and Commonwealth belt, before adding the European to that straight after, and defended them also.

Moved up again, beating the shockingly dirty Koba Gogoladze for the interim WBO world title, and now is to fight it out with the reigning champ, Guzman, to decide where the belt goes.

How is that not worthy of a shot?

I'm sorry for the history lesson, but I ****ing hate people that say he hasn't earned the right to a fight with Guzman. Hell, I'll admit he hasn't looked brilliant in all of his fights, but he has hid from nothing, and fought all put in front of him.

Not saying he will beat Guzman, but for once in his career he will be the underdog...it may take a bit of the pressure off. But don't doubt he ****ing deserves the shot.
AAA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:33 AM   #22
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,976
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I just watched Arthur v Foster jnr again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAA
You sir, are a fool. Stop moving the goalposts.

Arthur deserves a shot at Guzman more than anyone simply because he's walked the walk. He has built himself up through the ranks in a sensible and chronological order, and is now at the stage where he is fighting for a World title.

He got a few fights under his belt, then fought for the IBF intercontinental. Built on that and added the WBO belt to that. Followed on by beating Steve Conway to win the British title, then by taking the WBA International belt.

Defended his titles, and was KO'd by Gomez in 2003 for the British title. According to some that means his career is over...5 years on! But he recovered, reeled off defence after defence of his IBF belt before defeating our own Craig Docherty for the British and Commonwealth belt, before adding the European to that straight after, and defended them also.

Moved up again, beating the shockingly dirty Koba Gogoladze for the interim WBO world title, and now is to fight it out with the reigning champ, Guzman, to decide where the belt goes.

How is that not worthy of a shot?

I'm sorry for the history lesson, but I ****ing hate people that say he hasn't earned the right to a fight with Guzman. Hell, I'll admit he hasn't looked brilliant in all of his fights, but he has hid from nothing, and fought all put in front of him.

Not saying he will beat Guzman, but for once in his career he will be the underdog...it may take a bit of the pressure off. But don't doubt he ****ing deserves the shot.
You are below the standard of even a fool.

On the one hand you belittle Rees and Macca for holding world titles and on the other you big up AAA for holding the shitty euro belt.

Just like Rees did not deserve a title shot neither does AAA.

Let him fight say Juarez, Martinez or Miranda and if he beats one of them then I would consider him worthy of a world title shot. Beating Foster, Burns and co means fck all in most peoples books (apart from yours).

Just look at the names you have mentioned. Conway and Docherty . Not exactly big names.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:34 AM   #23
Smith
Monzon-like
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 2,984
vCash: 484
Default Re: I just watched Arthur v Foster jnr again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006
Your post clearly illustrate your lack of knowledge and why you should also be up for a world title shot. Then again you are probably already the WBS Emeritus Champ (World Bull Shitting).

Why pretend AAA is world class. He is not world class and never will be.
No sir, youre post clearly illustrates you have a total lack of knowledge. According to your theory, boxers who work hard throughout their career and go through British, European level do not deserve to go to the next step, az world title tilt. Why the **** not? There is only one way to find out if you are not on that level, and that is by being there. Never once have I pretended AA is world class, but I do not feel he is far off the pace.

You are a ****ing twat, the kind of guy who dismisses a boxer who never go's past British level as a bum despite it being his life, all he knows.

You are a ****ing plug who disguises your limited knowledge with absolutely hilarious comebacks, well done.
Smith is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:46 AM   #24
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,976
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I just watched Arthur v Foster jnr again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boydsmith
No sir, youre post clearly illustrates you have a total lack of knowledge. According to your theory, boxers who work hard throughout their career and go through British, European level do not deserve to go to the next step, az world title tilt. Why the **** not? There is only one way to find out if you are not on that level, and that is by being there. Never once have I pretended AA is world class, but I do not feel he is far off the pace.

You are a ****ing twat, the kind of guy who dismisses a boxer who never go's past British level as a bum despite it being his life, all he knows.

You are a ****ing plug who disguises your limited knowledge with absolutely hilarious comebacks, well done.
You are not even capable of a hilarious comeback and your apt use of foul language shows your level of intellect (or lack of it).

Why does holding a Euro belt make you worthy of a title shot ? Next you will be telling me that Johnny Jensen should get a crack at David Haye.

Beating a top 5 fighter would show whether you are world class. Too many average fighters get world title shots. You can count AAA up there with Rees, Skelton,Williams, El**** etc etc. All UK level fighters who were able to get world title fight.

AAA would struggle with the likes of Mitchell let alone Guzman and if Harrison comes back at SFW he will give AAA a sound beating.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:54 AM   #25
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,053
vCash: 1937
Default Re: I just watched Arthur v Foster jnr again...

Until I read this thread I hadn't realised that AAA is the only hope Scotland has. So you're all trying to convice yourselves that he's something that he isn't. Which, I suppose is understandable.
Even to the extent that you make a post about when he fought an average featherweight and got hurt and knocked down - it was actually a good performance, and that he could still be good enough to give Guzman a fight.

I like Arthur, but Guzman will take Arthur out however he fells like doing it. He boxes better, he punches better, his defence is beyond comparison better, he level of opponents has been better...
Just don't get your hopes up.
SleazeNation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:56 AM   #26
AAA
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 101
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I just watched Arthur v Foster jnr again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006
You are below the standard of even a fool.

On the one hand you belittle Rees and Macca for holding world titles and on the other you big up AAA for holding the shitty euro belt.

Just like Rees did not deserve a title shot neither does AAA.

Let him fight say Juarez, Martinez or Miranda and if he beats one of them then I would consider him worthy of a world title shot. Beating Foster, Burns and co means fck all in most peoples books (apart from yours).

Just look at the names you have mentioned. Conway and Docherty . Not exactly big names.
Not me bud, your mixing my response up with another
AAA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:58 AM   #27
AAA
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 101
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I just watched Arthur v Foster jnr again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazeNation
Until I read this thread I hadn't realised that AAA is the only hope Scotland has. So you're all trying to convice yourselves that he's something that he isn't. Which, I suppose is understandable.
Even to the extent that you make a post about when he fought an average featherweight and got hurt and knocked down - it was actually a good performance, and that he could still be good enough to give Guzman a fight.

I like Arthur, but Guzman will take Arthur out however he fells like doing it. He boxes better, he punches better, his defence is beyond comparison better, he level of opponents has been better...
Just don't get your hopes up.
Can I just say, thats a fair opinion for you to have.

My gripe isn't that Alex will dominate Guzman or anything like that. I'm just saying he deserves the shot due to his chronological build up. He is due this fight. Thats all
AAA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:23 AM   #28
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 515
vCash: 75
Default Re: I just watched Arthur v Foster jnr again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006
No thankyou I will not support him. AAA is overrated and a hype job. How has he earned this shot ? On the one hand you are telling me how the euro belt means something and on the other you shit on Rees and Macca. Well you yourself have made a good point about how titles mean nothing, even Rees and Macca have world titles. AAA is getting the same leg-up as Rees and Macca. All average fighters holding or have world title fights.

Did you not see his fight with Burns, he looked shit, it was such a shame Burns lacks a real big punch. As for Haye learning, has he ? Still has no defence and his stamina still looks suspect.

He could not produce this other level against UK level fighters so how the heck he going to do it against Guzman. I do not rate Guzman too highly but he brings a lot more to the table than AAA.

I will back Scot H everyday of the week because the guy had that touch of class and worked hard. AAA is the opposite, he talks shit and has looked shit in every fight I have sen him in.


I had a problem with Macca and Rees getting world title shots so it is not limited to Arthur. DW has won a fight since his loss to Audley, should he get another title shot ? NO.

How exactly am I shitting on Rees and Macca? I said they hadn't done much to deserve their shot, did I say they aren't good fighters or good champions? stop trying to make an argument by twisting peoples comments

Arthur isn't getting a leg up so how about you stop making up random comments? Guzman is the WBO champion, Arthur has got himself the interim title so is now No1 contender, Guzman has to defend his title against him. How exactly is that a leg up?

Yes it is a shame Burns doesn't have a KO punch because then we would have another world class boxer in Scotland. Arthur might have struggled but almost every boxer has off nights, Arthur still finds the victory that's what counts. Maybe the reason he hasn't found that other level against UK or Euro opposition is he hasn't had to yet.

As for Haye learning? maybe his guard is still too low but I think his victories answer that question.

Danny Williams has won one fight, there's a difference between winning one fight and winning for 4 years.
TAM83 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:54 AM   #29
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,976
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I just watched Arthur v Foster jnr again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM83
How exactly am I shitting on Rees and Macca? I said they hadn't done much to deserve their shot, did I say they aren't good fighters or good champions? stop trying to make an argument by twisting peoples comments

Arthur isn't getting a leg up so how about you stop making up random comments? Guzman is the WBO champion, Arthur has got himself the interim title so is now No1 contender, Guzman has to defend his title against him. How exactly is that a leg up?

Yes it is a shame Burns doesn't have a KO punch because then we would have another world class boxer in Scotland. Arthur might have struggled but almost every boxer has off nights, Arthur still finds the victory that's what counts. Maybe the reason he hasn't found that other level against UK or Euro opposition is he hasn't had to yet.

As for Haye learning? maybe his guard is still too low but I think his victories answer that question.

Danny Williams has won one fight, there's a difference between winning one fight and winning for 4 years.
You are shitting on Rees and Macca. Not me who mentioned them in context of being average fighters who get world title shots. If not why did you mention them and in what context ?

Arthur is getting a leg up just like Michael Jennings would have got if Young Mutley had not exposed him. Just shows what the WBO ratings mean and how they are manipulated by promoters.

Most fighters can go 4 years unbeaten if they fight club level fighters.

You carry on thinking AAA is world class and I will continue thinking he is average UK level until he beats a top 5 fighter.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:04 AM   #30
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 515
vCash: 75
Default Re: I just watched Arthur v Foster jnr again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006
You are shitting on Rees and Macca. Not me who mentioned them in context of being average fighters who get world title shots. If not why did you mention them and in what context ?

Arthur is getting a leg up just like Michael Jennings would have got if Young Mutley had not exposed him. Just shows what the WBO ratings mean and how they are manipulated by promoters.

Most fighters can go 4 years unbeaten if they fight club level fighters.

You carry on thinking AAA is world class and I will continue thinking he is average UK level until he beats a top 5 fighter.
What part is it you don't get? I said they hadn't done much to earn a shot, that's not to say they aren't good fighters. How is that so difficult to understand? anything else you want to try and twist to make your argument sound better?

What point have I said Arthur is world class? is this just another random comment? I've actually stated on here a couple of times I think he'll lose against Guzman. Doesn't mean he shouldn't get his opportunity and doesn't mean I won't be supporting him.
TAM83 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013