Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
BoxingObserver
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Mitchell V Burns rankings after tonight, and maybe ****** isn't so bad after all....

Anyone reckon Mitchell and Burns rankings in the ring magazine will change after last nights result? I can see Burns rising, but will Mitchell still be rated?

Also, with all the crap that ****** gets of late, if he makes the Harrison fight in December then he really is a cunt. However, if he does make a unification clash then maybe he isn't as bad for boxing as some suspect? I mean Haye V Chisora and Burns V Mitchell have been the stand out events of the year domestically. I appreciate he is a fading force, and his management over the likes of Cleverly can be criticised, but in the bigger scheme of things, he has out boxing firmly back in the papers this year. Boxnation is great also, even brought Buffer over on a long-term contract!

Anyway I see Burns next move as a good gauge as to his interests these days.
BoxingObserver is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Mitchell V Burns rankings after tonight, and maybe ****** isn't so bad after all.

Frank is definitely not the monster he's made out to be. I think he probably did offer Bellew a rematch, its a fact that he had negotiated a unification with Beibut Shu' and do think he has been unlucky with Cefn Forest's finest.

Regarding the RING, I could see Burns being made number one but a cynic might suggest that they'll make him number 2 and keep Demarco there ready for Broner later on. You know him being Golden Boy an all that...

Moses, Katsidis and Mitchell is probably a better set of wins than anyone else there to be honest.
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Mitchell V Burns rankings after tonight, and maybe ****** isn't so bad after all.

Burns wants that Ring belt, you can see the fire in his eyes, I didn't like frank saying "That's how he's gonna cement his legacy, keep him busy and the big fights will come"

hmmm, what does that mean? he needs it NOW, he's absolutely on fire
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

I think FW gets far too much negative criticism.

Do I think he is perfect? No!

Who is though? Show me a promoter who is 100% honest, tells the public the FULL story and ALWAYS delivers perfect match-ups..........

Struggling? Thats because there isn't one.

So much energy is wasted on here by various indviduals spouting bile and hatred towards him, I'd like to know just how many have a had contact with him and are fully qualified to comment?

The likes of Tony Bellew are qualified, Tony has had extensive dealings with the man, and whether we believe Tony or FW in their particular situation nobody can deny Tony the opportunity to voice his personal opnion.

What about the rest though?

Just ask yourself what has FW ever done to you personally to justify the hate?

For me personally he has consistently delivered fights that I want to see as a fan; love him or hate him I just don't see how anybody can say that the sport of boxing in the UK has not been better for his involvement over the past twenty or so years.

And no I have no association with FW, I am just a fan of boxing.

Last edited by Michael300; 09-23-2012 at 11:17 AM. Reason: typo
Michael300 is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
knighty
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post

Who is though? Show me a promoter who is 100% honest, tells the public the FULL story and ALWAYS delivers perfect match-ups..........

So much energy is wasted on here by various indviduals spouting bile and hatred towards him, I'd like to know just how many have a had contact with him and are fully qualified to comment?

The likes of Tony Bellew are qualified, Tony has had extensive dealings with the man, and whether we believe Tony or FW in their particular situation nobody can deny Tony the opportunity to voice his personal opnion.

For me personally he has consistently delivered fights that I want to see as a fan; love him or hate him I just don't see how anybody can say that the sport of boxing in the UK has not been better for his involvement over the past twenty or so years.

Amen brother.
knighty is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #6
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

So your happy with Karpency and Uelkov as 'World title fights' or Joseph Larya, Nicky Cook, Eveneson? Cool story bro.

You forget him swindling Calzaghe out of a fortune? OR not paying his boxers, writing hateful stuff towards any boxer not in his stable in his weekly sun column, constantly lying..your ok with that?

That said, ocassionally he puts on a good card, but very rarely, his under cards are especially awful.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #7
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
So your happy with Karpency and Uelkov as 'World title fights' or Joseph Larya, Nicky Cook, Eveneson? Cool story bro.

You forget him swindling Calzaghe out of a fortune? OR not paying his boxers, writing hateful stuff towards any boxer not in his stable in his weekly sun column, constantly lying..your ok with that?

That said, ocassionally he puts on a good card, but very rarely, his under cards are especially awful.
No I wasn't happy with the Karpency fight, it was awful, but then again I wasn't particularly happy with Alvarez/Lopez (Goldenboy) and I'm not that excited about Foch/Mack (Matchroom).

I was in no way defending the poor matches that FW has put on, as a paying fan I hate them and they disappoint me, I was simply saying that ALL promoters are guilty of this.

I was also not defending any of his questionable behaviour, I was simply saying that I, and the vast majority of posters on here, are in no position to judge him based on rumour, to do so is foolish.

Do you really think Hearn Snr is whiter than white?

Really?

I am just choosing not to conform to the hatemongers and jump onboard the FW beating express.

And finally, with regards to poor undercards I think that whilst the Klitschkos are putting on shows they will take some beating.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:39 AM   #8
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post

He's no worse than Arum or King, or even Oscar and Schaefer in that regard. All of them have gone to court in their time. Not to mention Gary Shaw, the giant bloated scum bag.

He gets inordinate criticism because he was so dominant for so long and did very little with it. He felt Calzaghe had reneged on a spoken agreement so, while I don't agree with his response, I do at least understand why he did it.

There is no such thing as black and white right and wrong. Even the Bellew situation will be more complex than Tony is making out (as we've seen in the letters from the Board).

I don't like the guy or his way of doing business, but he did a good thing standing up to the Board recently. He is genuinely interested in keeping the sport healthy, even if he doesn't always go about it in the way we'd all like.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #9
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
No I wasn't happy with the Karpency fight, it was awful, but then again I wasn't particularly happy with Alvarez/Lopez (Goldenboy) and I'm not that excited about Foch/Mack (Matchroom).

I was in no way defending the poor matches that FW has put on, as a paying fan I hate them and they disappoint me, I was simply saying that ALL promoters are guilty of this.

I was also not defending any of his questionable behaviour, I was simply saying that I, and the vast majority of posters on here, are in no position to judge him based on rumour, to do so is foolish.

Really?

I am just choosing not to conform to the hatemongers and jump onboard the FW beating express.

And finally, with regards to poor undercards I think that whilst the Klitschkos are putting on shows they will take some beating.
In fact, we know he wasn't whiter than white. He was a corrupt scumbag and has been lobbying the Board recently to undermine those who won't follow his tune. That was a large part of Frank's dispute with the BBBoC, the fact they were being so clearly influenced.

And of course, Barry playing the part of the good promoter after he effectively cut and run post-Eubank-Watson. That was shameful!
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #10
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
In fact, we know he wasn't whiter than white. He was a corrupt scumbag and has been lobbying the Board recently to undermine those who won't follow his tune. That was a large part of Frank's dispute with the BBBoC, the fact they were being so clearly influenced.

And of course, Barry playing the part of the good promoter after he effectively cut and run post-Eubank-Watson. That was shameful!

One thing about Frank is he has the dirt on everyone, when Hearn started saying that him promoting Chisora/Haye was a disgrace, Frank pulled a few skeletons out of Hearns closet
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #11
knighty
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
One thing about Frank is he has the dirt on everyone, when Hearn started saying that him promoting Chisora/Haye was a disgrace, Frank pulled a few skeletons out of Hearns closet
Its boxing. Probably the most corrupt sport in the world (apart from cricket) The only people who are honest (most of the time) are fighters. Promoters are all just as bad as each other.
knighty is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #12
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
Its boxing. Probably the most corrupt sport in the world (apart from cricket) The only people who are honest (most of the time) are fighters. Promoters are all just as bad as each other.
Amen Brother!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #13
gashalasha7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

agree and when I've actually paid money to go and watch fights..his shows are the best shows, from everything top to bottom not just the fights
gashalasha7 is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #14
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

Really?

When did I say anything about Barry Hearn, he is a scumbag.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum