Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #196
ashl3y72
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 196
Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
You realize the contracts were written up after the accusations and demands of additional testing right? The weight penalty demand came after all of that....It was just as ridiculous as Floyds accusations and demands to be completely honest. it was a "knee jerk reaction" to the special demands from Floyd.

If you think about it....why else would PAC ask for with EXTREME weight penalty?

Do you think Bob or Manny really thought Floyd couldn't make 147? When he made 146 in his fight with JMM...which he did miss the catch weight limit of 144.

Floyd was the one who acted out of character the moment things got real and he knew the fight with PAC was around the corner....that was in 2009....If Floyd wanted this fight it would have already happened. Real talk.

I like Floyd....he's a little corny and makes some really dumb decisions but he's an incredible boxer and I love watching him fight.

I just don't give Floyd a pass when he's clearly in the wrong. If you want to, Be my guest but I rather not let Floyd make me look like a fool just because I like him.
Pac asked for extreme penalties with Cotto and Oscar as well. he just likes to make up his own rules as he goes and was scared to be cheated

and no, the contracts were sent to team floyd with the stipulations already in place for floyd to agree to, and once floyd saw them, he put in his, and pac declined the fight.

even arum has stated this upon sending it to floyd originally "im cnfident in the fight being made, there are a few things manny wants in the contract (glove size, overweight clause stipulations) but we feel that won't be a problem"

this was all before floyd received the contract. nothing had been agreed upon yet
ashl3y72 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #197
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346
Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post
And what about the other 119?
Dan Rafael, ESPN: 114-114 Draw
I'd say he's an expert, but at the same time he had Berto beating Ortiz

Pace Miller, BleacherReport.com: 114-114 Draw
****** Tate, BleacherReport.com: 114-114 Draw
Brian Mazique, BleacherReport.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
James Foley, BleacherReport.com: 115-114 Pacquiao
Mike Chiari, BleacherReport.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
King J Gladney, BleacherReport.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
BleacherReport

Larry Merchant, HBO: 114-114 Draw
I don't need to go into detail about this one

Glen Anglin, BoxingNews24.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
Anthony Lee, BoxingNews24.com: 116-112 Pacquiao
Idk much about those guys, but have you been to that site and read their articles?
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #198
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
Dan Rafael, ESPN: 114-114 Draw
I'd say he's an expert, but at the same time he had Berto beating Ortiz

Pace Miller, BleacherReport.com: 114-114 Draw
****** Tate, BleacherReport.com: 114-114 Draw
Brian Mazique, BleacherReport.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
James Foley, BleacherReport.com: 115-114 Pacquiao
Mike Chiari, BleacherReport.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
King J Gladney, BleacherReport.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
BleacherReport

Larry Merchant, HBO: 114-114 Draw
I don't need to go into detail about this one

Glen Anglin, BoxingNews24.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
Anthony Lee, BoxingNews24.com: 116-112 Pacquiao
Idk much about those guys, but have you been to that site and read their articles?
Damn, you are a real conspiracy wackjob!

Pacquiao now controls the free presses of the world?
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #199
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashl3y72 View Post
Pac asked for extreme penalties with Cotto and Oscar as well. he just likes to make up his own rules as he goes and was scared to be cheated

and no, the contracts were sent to team floyd with the stipulations already in place for floyd to agree to, and once floyd saw them, he put in his, and pac declined the fight.

even arum has stated this upon sending it to floyd originally "im cnfident in the fight being made, there are a few things manny wants in the contract (glove size, overweight clause stipulations) but we feel that won't be a problem"

this was all before floyd received the contract. nothing had been agreed upon yet
Oscar was BEGGIN' for PAC to move up not one but TWO weight classes in order to save the "BIG FIGHT DATE" that was in limbo when Floyd "retired". No one gave PAC a chance to beat DLH at 147...he was too small. So PAC did request weight penalties in case DLH came in over 147 to be compensated.

Cotto called out PAC and wanted to fight the P4P King at the time....PAC wanted Cotto to drop down to 140 where PAC was planning to stay after beating Ricky....but he decided to meet Cotto "half way" and fight at 145...which COTTO requested...PAC accepted.

It's still really odd that Floyd felt the need to spread these rumors about PAC cheating then demanding he take his special tests after making it very clear that PAC wasn't on his level....he was one dimensional...an "EASY PAYDAY"..

I don't know....it just doesn't add up that Floyd really wanted to make this fight.

The weight, ring size and gloves were MUTUALLY AGREED UPON TERMS by both sides. The only added stipulations were the most absurd...Testing and Weight penalties.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #200
ashl3y72
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
Oscar was BEGGIN' for PAC to move up not one but TWO weight classes in order to save the "BIG FIGHT DATE" that was in limbo when Floyd "retired". No one gave PAC a chance to beat DLH at 147...he was too small. So PAC did request weight penalties in case DLH came in over 147 to be compensated.

Cotto called out PAC and wanted to fight the P4P King at the time....PAC wanted Cotto to drop down to 140 where PAC was planning to stay after beating Ricky....but he decided to meet Cotto "half way" and fight at 145...which COTTO requested...PAC accepted.

It's still really odd that Floyd felt the need to spread these rumors about PAC cheating then demanding he take his special tests after making it very clear that PAC wasn't on his level....he was one dimensional...an "EASY PAYDAY"..
-Pac was only a 2-1 underdog vs Oscar so plenty gave him a chance.

- wrong. pac wanted cotto to drop to 143. cotto said no. pac said 145, arum said ok. Cotto said no to his belt being put on the line, but then arum already had contracts ready so they fought for a fake catchweight belt and cotto's paperbelt

- Nice excuses about the penalties pac wanted these overweight penalties, not because of floyd starting any accusing like you previously tried to say, but because he didn't want to get cheated and was worried about fighting the bigger guys.

- same with catchweights, pac wanted a "fair fight" but you're ok with all this and not ok with floyd asking for blood testing so neither would cheat, because its only fair if EVERYTHING is in pacs favor right?

the fight was completely FAIR, both got their one stipulation, 50/50, everything else. And Pac walked. Why you choose to defend him is beyond me
ashl3y72 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #201
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Floyd wont take the Vada test.Steroid alert! He is bribing USADA guys.
PIPO23 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #202
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Damn, you are a real conspiracy wackjob!

Pacquiao now controls the free presses of the world?
no of course not, maybe Arum though
I'm saying those guys's opinions that are mentioned, I don't take with any weight when it comes to boxing.

I mean shit, they cited this guy as a boxing expert

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHMASb7l6cA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcgjWMrsnAo&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
Old 09-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #203
Undisputed
Cant G no other way
ESB Addict

vCash: 961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florez View Post
Your right Bradley is NOT an elite fighter, ''Sarcasm''

* Top 10 P4P currently.
* Former WBO and 2 time WBC Jr Welterweight champion.
* Undfeated.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
He's not elite.He should not be undefeated.
Undisputed is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #204
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

- wrong. pac wanted cotto to drop to 143. cotto said no. pac said 145, arum said ok. Cotto said no to his belt being put on the line, but then arum already had contracts ready so they fought for a fake catchweight belt and cotto's paperbelt

- Nice excuses about the penalties pac wanted these overweight penalties, not because of floyd starting any accusing like you previously tried to say, but because he didn't want to get cheated and was worried about fighting the bigger guys.

- same with catchweights, pac wanted a "fair fight" but you're ok with all this and not ok with floyd asking for blood testing so neither would cheat, because its only fair if EVERYTHING is in pacs favor right?

the fight was completely FAIR, both got their one stipulation, 50/50, everything else. And Pac walked. Why you choose to defend him is beyond me
Pacquiao was a 3/1 underdog against Oscar, that is a big underdog.

A lot of people thought Oscar would KO him.

Wrong again, after Hatton, Roach talked about Pacquiao taking a big money fight with one of the welter start, Mayweather, Cotto and Mosley, was didn't not want his man who had been a superfeatherweight about 18 months earlier going up in his first fight at welter against a champion giving away over stone in the ring.

Floyd took himself out of the equation, (something he would do time and time again) by signing to fight Marquez on the eve of the Hatton fight, to duck Pacquiao and to ride of his name.

Roach said if Mosley or Cotto want to come to the table the weight would be 143/144.

Cotto came back and said 145lbs and that he could make 145lbs no problem

Pacquiao wanted the overweight penalties because of the $hit Floyd pulled with Marquez.

Floyd had a chance to petition NSAC to carry out the extra testing, Floyd chose not to.

Pacquiao walked away from the fight in Jan, 2nd week I think after almost 8 weeks of negotiation.

They had a date booked for March 13th, promotion should have started a week earlier. Floyd wasn't playing ball, so they had to move or have that date go up in smoke.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:28 PM   #205
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
no of course not, maybe Arum though
I'm saying those guys's opinions that are mentioned, I don't take with any weight when it comes to boxing.

I mean shit, they cited this guy as a boxing expert

Like I said, you have 120 unofficial scorecards there, but you think all the ones that voted for Pacquiao are biased in some way?

You better call the X-Files and let them investigate.

Last edited by D4thincarnation; 09-26-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #206
ashl3y72
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Pacquiao was a 3/1 underdog against Oscar, that is a big underdog.

A lot of people thought Oscar would KO him.

Wrong again, after Hatton, Roach talked about Pacquiao taking a big money fight with one of the welter start, Mayweather, Cotto and Mosley, was didn't not want his man who had been a superfeatherweight about 18 months earlier going up in his first fight at welter against a champion giving away over stone in the ring.

Floyd took himself out of the equation, (something he would do time and time again) by signing to fight Marquez on the eve of the Hatton fight, to duck Pacquiao and to ride of his name.

Roach said if Mosley or Cotto want to come to the table the weight would be 143/144.

Cotto came back and said 145lbs and that he could make 145lbs no problem

Pacquiao wanted the overweight penalties because of the $hit Floyd pulled with Marquez.

Floyd had a chance to petition NSAC to carry out the extra testing, Floyd chose not to.

Pacquiao walked away from the fight in Jan, 2nd week I think after almost 8 weeks of negotiation.

They had a date booked for March 13th, promotion should have started a week earlier. Floyd wasn't playing ball, so they had to move or have that date go up in smoke.
no one was talking to you, troll. I'd rather have a debate with knuckle up than with some noob who makes shit up
ashl3y72 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #207
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Like I said, you have 120 unofficial scorecards there, but you all the one that voted for Pacquiao are biased in some way?

You better call the X-Files and let them investigate.
I didn't say that
Old 09-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #208
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

You think the odds reflected what most insiders felt about the PAC vs DLH fight? All the media, trainers and analyst ALL had DLH winning handily before fight took place.

And you're WRONG... Cotto threw out 145 based on the advice of his nutritionist. He said the lowest Cotto could got without suffering negative effects would be 144.
"Cotto is a welterweight and the nutritionist is saying the lowest he can go is 144," Arum said. "Manny will be fine with that. He doesn't want a guy to get in there and injure himself by fighting at an unrealistically low weight."

Cotto did say that he didnt' want his belts on the line but PAC said it wouldn't be worth the jump back up to WW if it wasn't for a title. So they agreed to fight for the WBO title at a catch weight of not 144.....145...just a pound under what he weighed in at for the Josh Clottey fight.

It's easy to defend the party that's in the right.....so it baffles me why you choose to defend Floyd who admitted he was wrong. Do you kid....I'm not trying save you....it's not that serious.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #209
yingyang
Belt holder
ESB Addict

When Floyd cried out Manny was a ped user, steroid user, all the flomos follows.

And now Floyd made a statement that he never accused manny of those things.

Flomos now all saying, Floyd never accused manny.... show me proof where floyd says manny was using steroids or peds.

damn flomos. LOL!
yingyang is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #210
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I didn't say that
Well that what you seem to be arguing?

Or that they don't know boxing.

No matter how many way you cut it, Marquez vs Pacquiao III was a very close fight.

Some had it for Marquez
Some had it a Draw
Some had it for Pacquiao

Deal with it

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum