Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #121
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,313
vCash: 816
Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post
Mosley did take steroids
8 years prior yes, but He said Mosley "is on" steroids to fight Mayweather

Mosley had rehab'd his image, and Mosley is man enough to fight instead of sue like a girl
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #122
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,541
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
Are you really that hard headed? If you read my original post you would see I had stated that floyd had said in various interviews that pac must be taking PEDS, whilst saying in other interviews that he never said pac was on PEDS.

Hence why I am saying mayweather promotions now making that generic statement to say they never said that or believe that is just an empty gesture as it is a position that floyd himself has stated in the past, whether he believes it to be true or not.

Article dated june 2011, ESPN interview. Floyd mayweather quote.

"I've never said that Manny Pacquiao was taking steroids, I never said he was taking enhancement drugs," said Mayweather, who failed to turn up for a court-ordered deposition in Las Vegas earlier this month involving the defamation suit.

"I want to fight the best they got out there, not just him, the best they got out there," Mayweather said, "and if he's on the list as one of the best guys, then absolutely."

So what exactly is this new statement showing that floyd himself hasn't said in the past
The problem with Floyd is that he made SO MANY comments about PAC over the years and they've all been all over the place that there's so much to choose from when analyzing what he really believes.

He's out right said PAC was on roids....but used another term "power pellets"...he's pointed towards PAC using HGH...due to the size of his head....Of course when things go hot he tried to say otherwise...that he never really said PAC was on something illegal but only a retard couldn't read what Floyd was trying to imply.

What the statement says that was never said in public by Floyd was that he doesn't believe nor wants to imply that PAC is doping.....which contradicts his previous stance.

I give Floyd credit for coming out publically and making this statement. Being a man isn't easy and sometimes when you make mistakes the consequences can hurt ones pride and ego. We all know Floyd has an inflated one so imagine how hard it was for him to have to do this.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #123
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: the DIRTY SOUTH
Posts: 23,833
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
Pacquiao is embarrassing me to be a boxing fan. Now all the casual fans are going to see this bitchass nicca over hear suing his opponents because they hurt his feelings.

When Rachman called Lewis a fag, Lewis fought him in the lead up to the fight and knocked him out during the fight
rahman never called Lewis a fag NEWBIE. try again
iceman71 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #124
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
8 years prior yes, but He said Mosley "is on" steroids to fight Mayweather

Mosley had rehab'd his image, and Mosley is man enough to fight instead of sue like a girl
He said Mosley is on Steroids, despite Mosley taking his tests?

Does Floyd know something about the tests we don't?
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #125
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,313
vCash: 816
Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post
He said Mosley is on Steroids, despite Mosley taking his tests?

Does Floyd know something about the tests we don't?
All I know is Mosley didn't cry and sue and carried on with the fight
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #126
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,541
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
Ducking the question are we

Has floyd said that pac was on PEDS? YES OR NO

Has floyd said that he never said that Pac was on PEDS? YES OR NO.
No...Floyd never used "PEDs" in any of the accusations he's been on record stating about PAC being a "cheat". He used other names for PEDs like "POWER PELLETS".

It's like if I were to call you a slut, whore or skank....But never used the word "HO". I'm still accusing you of being something you may or may not be....unfortunately I don't have any evidence to back up my accusations either way.

So....Floyd read the writing on the wall....He wasn't going to win the defamation lawsuit PAC hit him with and this was the easiest and less embarrassing way to get out of the shit storm he created.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #127
bahobilat
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 369
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
No...Floyd never used "PEDs" in any of the accusations he's been on record stating about PAC being a "cheat". He used other names for PEDs like "POWER PELLETS".

It's like if I were to call you a slut, whore or skank....But never used the word "HO". I'm still accusing you of being something you may or may not be....unfortunately I don't have any evidence to back up my accusations either way.

So....Floyd read the writing on the wall....He wasn't going to win the defamation lawsuit PAC hit him with and this was the easiest and less embarrassing way to get out of the shit storm he created.
embarassing, the reason why he wanted the terms to be confidential.
bahobilat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #128
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,954
vCash: 90000
Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

I like Pac but i would not be surprise at all if he used PED. His actions and guilty behavior along with his trainer's reputation. I would not be surprise.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #129
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
All I know is Mosley didn't cry and sue and carried on with the fight
That because Mosley took steroids.

Reason to accuse him.

He couldn't have won a case.

Seems strange Floyd should think Mosley was on steroids if he took his test.

Floyd must know the holes in it
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #130
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,634
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
The problem with Floyd is that he made SO MANY comments about PAC over the years and they've all been all over the place that there's so much to choose from when analyzing what he really believes.

He's out right said PAC was on roids....but used another term "power pellets"...he's pointed towards PAC using HGH...due to the size of his head....Of course when things go hot he tried to say otherwise...that he never really said PAC was on something illegal but only a retard couldn't read what Floyd was trying to imply.

What the statement says that was never said in public by Floyd was that he doesn't believe nor wants to imply that PAC is doping.....which contradicts his previous stance.

I give Floyd credit for coming out publically and making this statement. Being a man isn't easy and sometimes when you make mistakes the consequences can hurt ones pride and ego. We all know Floyd has an inflated one so imagine how hard it was for him to have to do this.
Are you talking about the statement I presented or the statement which is the topic of this thread. If it the latter then their is nothing to applaud. Surely you would applaud floyd for saying in 2011 that pac was not taking PEDS rather than a generic statement by a third party distributed on the behalf of 3 men that pac was not taking PEDS.
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #131
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,954
vCash: 90000
Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
All I know is Mosley didn't cry and sue and carried on with the fight
I know right. Pac crying with a law suit and shows no intentions of shutting floyd up in the correct manner just prove that he is a coward.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #132
bahobilat
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 369
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
Are you talking about the statement I presented or the statement which is the topic of this thread. If it the latter then their is nothing to applaud. Surely you would applaud floyd for saying in 2011 that pac was not taking PEDS rather than a generic statement by a third party distributed on the behalf of 3 men that pac was not taking PEDS.
what an idiot. was not the statement issued by mayweather promotions owned by void himself.


you truly are a mong.
bahobilat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #133
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
I know right. Pac crying with a law suit and shows no intentions of shutting floyd up in the correct manner just prove that he is a coward.
He can't make Floyd fight him?

If only Floyd could grow a pair.
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #134
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,541
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
What the hell are you talking about? Where in my post did I say floyd hasn't accussed pacquaio of being on PEDS?

Floyd has accused pac of being on peds and he also said he never accused pac of being on peds. Therefore this meaningless gesture is empty as it is nothing that floyd hasn't said in the past.
Actually.....if the gesture is in fact "meaningless" it would have to be viewed that way by the recipient of the gesture. I some how think PAC feels the gesture wasn't "meaningless".

If Floyd is lying....oh well....it definitely isn't the first time.... but a man is only as good as his word.

I think Floyd meant what he said......I'm not 100% sure but ever since getting out...Floyd seems to have had a change of heart on a lot of things. If he's ready to improve himself I'm happy for him. Change is something he definitely needed. It's just unfortunate it took him having to go to jail in order to do so.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #135
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,634
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
rahman never called Lewis a fag NEWBIE. try again
Actually he did, he implied that lewis got offended when he made a comment about lewis ***uality and lewis actually did get offended by that comment because he even addressed the issue of him being a ladies man. Hence why lewis said bring your sister and I'll prove I ain't.
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013