Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #31
rayhogan
Dont worry Pac, you wont
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sergio Martinez wants a 7 day cut of date for "Olympic Style Testing" for Chavez

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
Unless Sergio mans up and goes SMW? He is going to take what Chavez gives him.

Sergio could also go down to get cash, but that is a lose-lose situation as far as legacy goes. He would never be properly credited against the big names there. Unless Sergio takes on some of the bigger LMW he will just look like he is picking on smaller guys. Especially with the fuss about weight he made with Williams.
Huh? Martinez is a small mw in which anybody with a brain can see that. If Martinez moves back down to jmw then he should get the credit if he can beat canelo/cotto/mayweather. <<<Its not like all 3 will move up. If it was a catchweight like at 157 pounds or 160 pounds limit then u have a point but if its at the 154 jmw limit then you are nuts.
rayhogan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #32
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2001
Default Re: Sergio Martinez wants a 7 day cut of date for "Olympic Style Testing" for Chavez

Thats good to hear, but not really interested in a rematch so i hope it falls through. Fight will look much like the first.

Martinez vs GGG/Pirog winner /Cotto/Canelo/Mayweather

are the only fights I want for Martinez from here on out. Hope Lou is able to secure one of these fights for him.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #33
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Thats good to hear, but not really interested in a rematch so i hope it falls through. Fight will look much like the first.

Martinez vs GGG/Pirog winner /Cotto/Canelo/Mayweather

are the only fights I want for Martinez from here on out. Hope Lou is able to secure one of these fights for him.
Is GGG fighting Pirog? Last I heard he was in 'hot pursuit' of putting the throttle to Sturm and making an impression while Loeffler is negotiating to get a fight signed with Geale by December 31st, or Geale loses the WBA "Super" strap. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see him willingly vacate.

When Martinez comes back in May, there should be a clear cut #1 contender and he needs to fight him.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #34
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
Unless Sergio mans up and goes SMW? He is going to take what Chavez gives him.

Sergio could also go down to get cash, but that is a lose-lose situation as far as legacy goes. He would never be properly credited against the big names there. Unless Sergio takes on some of the bigger LMW he will just look like he is picking on smaller guys. Especially with the fuss about weight he made with Williams.
I think most fans without an agenda would give him full credit if he came back from his injury and beat Canelo. And fighting Mayweather is lose lose? Not even slightly. If he beats Mayweather, he will be the first and maybe only person to ever beat one of the biggest names the sport has every produced. All the naysayers about innactivity and size wouldnt overcome the positives that would come with beating Mayweather. So no, Canelo nor Mayweather are lose/lose.

Why anyone even talks about SMW when discussing Martinez Ill never know though. GGG, Pirog, Chavez 2, Geale.

Hes got a pack full of contenders to deal with at his own weight, why in the hell would he move up from a weightclass hes already topped out in? Its like fans cant comprehend this and I dont understand why.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #35
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
Is GGG fighting Pirog? Last I heard he was in 'hot pursuit' of putting the throttle to Sturm and making an impression while Loeffler is negotiating to get a fight signed with Geale by December 31st, or Geale loses the WBA "Super" strap. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see him willingly vacate.

When Martinez comes back in May, there should be a clear cut #1 contender and he needs to fight him.
Lets hope this happens,we all want to see the Top contenders fight no matter what division they are in.!!!!
fistsof steel is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #36
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post

No I dont think G3 is fighting Pirog anymore, like you said probably Geale, or maybe even Sturm I heard?

Anyways, ya once hes back hopefully the contenders have produced his next clear challenger.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #37
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

Pavlik (Lineal Champ), Williams (Top 5 P4P), Macklin (Top 3 MW*), Chavez (Top 3 MW*) are all pretty good wins. Unless he can get Floyd, he needs another 3 or 4 defenses against top rated 160 to talk 'legacy' in a realistic sense. Unifying the division helps that cause.

* at the time
Old 09-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #38
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

Sergio still running from Pirog
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #39
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
'Yup.

And Pirog still running from, well.... everyone I guess, cuz he hasnt fought one single guy in the top 10

Martinez running from Pirog, Pirog running from the entire top 10 of middleweight

One.... just one, pirog hasnt fought one fighter in the current middleweight scene, in the top 10, and quite possibly the top 15. LOL.

Keep running Pirog.

kirk is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #40
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistsof steel View Post
Lets hope this happens,we all want to see the Top contenders fight no matter what division they are in.!!!!
If Gennady keeps rolling, he'd be wise to take that fight sooner rather than later while he still has his legs. GGG could very well be future champ and ruler... A win before that happens, would also help his cause when hindsight comes into play.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #41
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Pirog V Golovkin was almost made,then Pirogs mysterious back injury finished the prospect of that happening,Pirogs back must be better by now lets hope this fight will get made again,I know for a fact Golovkin wants to fight Pirog badly so the ball is in Pirog's court and hopefully he gets his act together and Fights Golo.!!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #42
Mamerto
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceN View Post
Jr wins by KO
The buttttttttttttthurtttttttttt flows strong in you.
Mamerto is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #43
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Chavez seems to be the only "money" fight that's available......none of the smaller guys want to get at Sergio......but it will be interesting to see how much Chavez wants a shot at redemption. He lost a one sided fight...aside from the last round. It was entertaining.....but not sure if it would be PPV worthy.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #44
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
Chavez seems to be the only "money" fight that's available......none of the smaller guys want to get at Sergio......but it will be interesting to see how much Chavez wants a shot at redemption. He lost a one sided fight...aside from the last round. It was entertaining.....but not sure if it would be PPV worthy.
Golovkin wants Sergio,no raeson for Martinez not to take the Fight both very highly ranked Middleweights and it should be made.!!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #45
unloco
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
how bout your sergio chavez prediction
unloco is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum