Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 07-20-2007, 08:27 PM   #1
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Burley v De La Hoya @ 154

Burley KO 5.

I see body shots, which Burley was famed for. Perhaps not in the first wave, Burley fired aggresivley in the first few, but in the second more careful wave.

What do you think?
McGrain is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2007, 08:31 PM   #2
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Burley v De La Hoya @ 154

dlh ko's him in 9
tays001 is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 09:21 PM   #3
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

De La Hoya has never been dominated. You could argue he's lost a couple of fights by 2-3 points. He's durable, and has skills to give anyone a decent fight at 154lbs. Ive never seen enough of Burley to grade him. Too many questionable decisions throughout De La Hoya's career.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 10:20 PM   #4
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

I believe the fight would look very similar to Oscar's fight with Hopkins. Burley liked to move around, feint, and counter punch. Oscar wouldn't have as much height, nor reach, to overcome as in the Hopkins fight. I do believe Burley would move around a little more than Bernard did in his fight with De la Hoya. Burley would catch Oscar with the cleaner punches all through the night, as Oscar would try to move in close to take advantage of his edge in hand speed. The problem for De la Hoya would be Burley's movement to avoid these fast combo's, and Burley's simple counters after the misses.

Burley by decision. Oscar would be bruised, and bleeding from the mouth and nose, but still on his feet at the end.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 10:53 PM   #5
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
The guy above isn't really one to take seriously McGrain, I'd say Burley by UD.
dude dnt say shit cuz i didn't agrre with you . i just dnt think to much of burly
tays001 is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 11:04 PM   #6
Manassa
-
ESB Addict

Quote:
Not just to do with that, but a few of your other comments, you just don't seem like a very knowledgable, viable poster, but oh well.

Burley beat Archie Moore twice, and plenty of other top name guys, and was bigger than DLH, and has never been stopped or down in his career, even against better fighters and bogger hitters like Moore, so what makes you think DLH KO's him?
I hate to pick apart your post, but Burley did go down in his career, most notably against Ezzard Charles, and Moore was only beaten once.
Manassa is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2007, 12:15 AM   #7
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru

Quote:
Did he? I was sure he beat Moore twice. As for the knockdowns, that's true. I guess I got carried away when I said he was never knocked out. But still, De La Hoya was no Ezzard Charles.
your post is at 154 style makes fight and B-hop is a much better fighter then dlh. thats why he bea him. but dlh still gave a good showing . yes dlh is no charles . but burley at 154 wood be drainded and dlh would be much quicker then what he's use to Einstien. wich make him suseptable to the left hook. no you see it oh most Knowledgable one
tays001 is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2007, 12:15 AM   #8
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru

Quote:
Did he? I was sure he beat Moore twice. As for the knockdowns, that's true. I guess I got carried away when I said he was never knocked out. But still, De La Hoya was no Ezzard Charles.
your post is at 154 style makes fight and B-hop is a much better fighter then dlh. thats why he bea him. but dlh still gave a good showing . yes dlh is no charles . but burley at 154 wood be drainded and dlh would be much quicker then what he's use to Einstien. wich make him suseptable to the left hook. no you see it oh most Knowledgable one
tays001 is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2007, 12:23 AM   #9
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru

Quote:
Burley would not be drained at 154. He started his career and had some good wins at 147, he was rarely at the 160 pound limit at MW. He wouldn't be drained at all. Sorry to ruin your post.
i think he would and jsut cuz he beat archie moore doesn'rt mean he beat dlh you and i both know style make fights . i just think dlh would continue to catch him with the left all day. that my opinion if you dnt agrre that coo but to say i dnt know shit just cuz we dnt agree on that is dumb
tays001 is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2007, 12:36 AM   #10
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru

Quote:
You think he would what? Be weight drained? Ok, in that case I think DLH would be weight drained. I also think DLH would be worried about his wife sleeping with another man, and in that case it would affect him during the fight. And some guy would call out to DLH in the middle of the fight which distracted him and caused him to get KO'd. I think something like that happens everytime they fight.

But hey, that's just what I think, even if it makes no sense and is based on nothing, kinda like what you think. Seriously though, you base your assumptions on nothing.
wow thanks but that my opinion just like my surprise that you have a functioning brian that actually work and you are capable of puting word together and even typing them out. usally imbred people from north carloina can't do these thing but hey you just might be there hope
tays001 is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2007, 01:00 AM   #11
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru

Quote:
Wrong state. You're thinking of West Virginia, try to get your facts straight. And I love how you talk about my typing yet you type like a 15 year old thug with improper spelling and no punctuation.
first all this aint no spelling b and i didn't get the wrong state cuz it almost the same thing . and dnt be mad cuz your as sharp as a marble
tays001 is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2007, 01:23 AM   #12
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Were talking about the guy SRR ducked fighting a guy who got schooled when he faced Mayweather, Quartey, Mosley, Whitaker, Hopkins, Sturm and only has a career from weight draining and gift decisions???
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2007, 06:43 AM   #13
Shake
Belt holder
ESB Addict

*grabs tays001*

That's it, kid.

*waves it off*
Shake is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2007, 09:48 AM   #14
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Burley by UD
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2007, 12:07 PM   #15
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake
*grabs tays001*

That's it, kid.

*waves it off*
LOL thats some funny shit bet hell nah first off sweet pea probally some old and dusty boxing fan wich most of his post are pretty good. but comes up with these threads of old time fighters vs present day fighters then comes up with this shit if sombody pics the presnet day fighter he gets all over them just to say they know nothing about boxing . but hey if thats how sweet pea get his rocks off i guess to each his own you know
tays001 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum