boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
rinsj
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 201
vCash: 1000
Default Wladimir Klitscko tribute to Corrie Sanders: 'Nobody beat me the way he did'

'Nobody beat me the way he did'

Article By: Jean Smyth, EWN
Thu, 27 Sep 2012 9:15 AM

Speaking exclusively to EWN Sport, heavyweight boxing champion Wladimir Klitscko paid tribute to Corrie Sanders, a man he sees integral to his own rise to the top of the boxing world.

Sanders was tragically shot and killed in a robbery in Johannesburg over the weekend while attending his nephew's 21st birthday party.

Klitschko, the current International Boxing Federation (IBF), International Boxing Organisation (IBO) and World Boxing Organisation (WBO) Heavyweight Champion, famously lost to Sanders in 2003.

Sanders also went on to fight Klitschko’s elder brother Vitaly in 2004, losing in an eight-round knockout.

Speaking to EWN Sport from Germany, the younger Klitschko said that he will never forget the impact that Sanders had on his own career.

"Actually, I appreciate him more because he made me the boxer that I am today. The loss against him changed a side of my character tremendously, it made me tougher and it made me better. Without my experience with Corrie, I wouldn’t be the same way."

Klitschko told EWN Sport that his loss in 2003 was the toughest of his entire career.

"Before and after the Corrie Sanders fight, nobody beat me the way he did."

He said the loss of Sanders will be felt far and wide in the boxing community.

"The boxing world will remember Corrie as a heavy hitter and a good man. I have nothing bad to say about Corrie at all."
rinsj is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
Blackness
Danny Garcia Beat You...
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,380
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitscko tribute to Corrie Sanders: 'Nobody beat me the way he did'

Interesting but... They should look into this murder a bit more. The old "robbery gone bad" routine is classic when you want to rub someone out and make it look random.

Maybe he was told to lose a fight a few years ago and refused.


Hmmm...
Blackness is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
TheJuggernaut
HITCHSLAP!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,546
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitscko tribute to Corrie Sanders: 'Nobody beat me the way he did'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackness View Post
Interesting but... They should look into this murder a bit more. The old "robbery gone bad" routine is classic when you want to rub someone out and make it look random.

Maybe he was told to lose a fight a few years ago and refused.


Hmmm...
Are you speculating for the sake of speculating or is there something that makes you think he was whacked for not taking a dive?
TheJuggernaut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Eifel / Germany
Posts: 6,639
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitscko tribute to Corrie Sanders: 'Nobody beat me the way he did'

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinsj View Post
'Nobody beat me the way he did'

Article By: Jean Smyth, EWN
Thu, 27 Sep 2012 9:15 AM

Speaking exclusively to EWN Sport, heavyweight boxing champion Wladimir Klitscko paid tribute to Corrie Sanders, a man he sees integral to his own rise to the top of the boxing world.

Sanders was tragically shot and killed in a robbery in Johannesburg over the weekend while attending his nephew's 21st birthday party.

Klitschko, the current International Boxing Federation (IBF), International Boxing Organisation (IBO) and World Boxing Organisation (WBO) Heavyweight Champion, famously lost to Sanders in 2003.

Sanders also went on to fight Klitschko’s elder brother Vitaly in 2004, losing in an eight-round knockout.

Speaking to EWN Sport from Germany, the younger Klitschko said that he will never forget the impact that Sanders had on his own career.

"Actually, I appreciate him more because he made me the boxer that I am today. The loss against him changed a side of my character tremendously, it made me tougher and it made me better. Without my experience with Corrie, I wouldn’t be the same way."

Klitschko told EWN Sport that his loss in 2003 was the toughest of his entire career.

"Before and after the Corrie Sanders fight, nobody beat me the way he did."

He said the loss of Sanders will be felt far and wide in the boxing community.

"The boxing world will remember Corrie as a heavy hitter and a good man. I have nothing bad to say about Corrie at all."
Wladimir learned this lesson. After this loss he realize he needs a real good professional coach. In 2004 he found him with Emanuel Steward.
jisi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #5
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitscko tribute to Corrie Sanders: 'Nobody beat me the way he did'

why him out of everybody who was there.

i want answers
raichu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
Villain
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: CT, USA
Posts: 534
vCash: 700
Default Re: Wladimir Klitscko tribute to Corrie Sanders: 'Nobody beat me the way he did'

All respect to Corrie as deserved. But in my opinion as far as Wlad is concerned, while that fight helped him develop a better defensive style, it hurt his offense and killer instinct enormously and therefore his marketability and popularity suffered greatly.
Villain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
Big Left
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London
Posts: 2,957
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitscko tribute to Corrie Sanders: 'Nobody beat me the way he did'

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichu View Post
why him out of everybody who was there.

i want answers

maybe he interfered...?
Big Left is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,113
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitscko tribute to Corrie Sanders: 'Nobody beat me the way he did'

I read they caught the 3 guys that did it, 19/20yr olds from Zimbabwe. These guys probably didn't know who he was, he was just the biggest, most threatening guy in the restaurant. No need for conspiracies, SA seems like a free for all and nobody is spared
lester proctor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #9
Boxed Ears
Mirage Athleticism
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Surrealistic Regurgitation Format Poster
Posts: 25,670
vCash: 129
Default Re: Wladimir Klitscko tribute to Corrie Sanders: 'Nobody beat me the way he did'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villain View Post
All respect to Corrie as deserved. But in my opinion as far as Wlad is concerned, while that fight helped him develop a better defensive style, it hurt his offense and killer instinct enormously and therefore his marketability and popularity suffered greatly.
Aye, Volo should've taken this opportunity to publicly decry Corrie for ****ing up his swagger.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #10
haworths623
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 931
Default Re: Wladimir Klitscko tribute to Corrie Sanders: 'Nobody beat me the way he did'

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinsj View Post
'Nobody beat me the way he did'

Article By: Jean Smyth, EWN
Thu, 27 Sep 2012 9:15 AM

Speaking exclusively to EWN Sport, heavyweight boxing champion Wladimir Klitscko paid tribute to Corrie Sanders, a man he sees integral to his own rise to the top of the boxing world.

Sanders was tragically shot and killed in a robbery in Johannesburg over the weekend while attending his nephew's 21st birthday party.

Klitschko, the current International Boxing Federation (IBF), International Boxing Organisation (IBO) and World Boxing Organisation (WBO) Heavyweight Champion, famously lost to Sanders in 2003.

Sanders also went on to fight Klitschko’s elder brother Vitaly in 2004, losing in an eight-round knockout.

Speaking to EWN Sport from Germany, the younger Klitschko said that he will never forget the impact that Sanders had on his own career.

"Actually, I appreciate him more because he made me the boxer that I am today. The loss against him changed a side of my character tremendously, it made me tougher and it made me better. Without my experience with Corrie, I wouldn’t be the same way."

Klitschko told EWN Sport that his loss in 2003 was the toughest of his entire career.

"Before and after the Corrie Sanders fight, nobody beat me the way he did."

He said the loss of Sanders will be felt far and wide in the boxing community.

"The boxing world will remember Corrie as a heavy hitter and a good man. I have nothing bad to say about Corrie at all."


If David Haye didn't have a broken toe last year, then it would of been "Only David Haye knocked me the **** out in more brutal fashion than Corrie"
haworths623 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #11
Nopporn
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,689
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitscko tribute to Corrie Sanders: 'Nobody beat me the way he did'

Quote:
Originally Posted by haworths623 View Post
If David Haye didn't have a broken toe last year, then it would of been "Only David Haye knocked me the **** out in more brutal fashion than Corrie"
Most bull**** comment. Log off!
Nopporn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:02 AM   #12
Colonel Sanders
NSB defector
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,756
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitscko tribute to Corrie Sanders: 'Nobody beat me the way he did'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Aye, Volo should've taken this opportunity to publicly decry Corrie for ****ing up his swagger.
Colonel Sanders is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:12 AM   #13
Colonel Sanders
NSB defector
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,756
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitscko tribute to Corrie Sanders: 'Nobody beat me the way he did'

It's funny because I got a lot of stick in the past for saying the exact thing Wlad is admitting in that interview : nobody beat Wlad the way Sanders did.

It was the most legit and devastating loss Wlad suffered. Sanders took away Wlad's jab, made him walk into his left hand, finished him off when he had him hurt. I think Sanders took only 1 or 2 punches in the process.

There are no possible excuses. Big props to Wlad for taking that L like a man and having learnt from it.
Colonel Sanders is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:16 AM   #14
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,927
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitscko tribute to Corrie Sanders: 'Nobody beat me the way he did'

It's true. Nobody beat him that way.

Purrrity beat a green Klitschko.

Brewster beat a prime Klitschko, but it was strange because Wlad was beating the **** out of him.

Sanders is the only one that came out and beat the **** out of prime Wlad.
Asterion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:39 AM   #15
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 3,918
vCash: 2123
Default Re: Wladimir Klitscko tribute to Corrie Sanders: 'Nobody beat me the way he did'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisi View Post
Wladimir learned this lesson. After this loss he realize he needs a real good professional coach. In 2004 he found him with Emanuel Steward.
When he proceeded to get TKO'd by Lamon Brewster
SimplyTheBest is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015