Old 09-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #46
str1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: DiBella on GGG: "Who would give a flying ****?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhogan View Post
I honestly understand what lou is doing. Ppl martinez is about to be 38 years old for crying out loud in which lou wants martinez for now on fighting in big money fights vs big name fighters like mayweather, cotto and yes even canelo but martinez will move down to 154 pounds to make it happen. Look martinez is really a small mw so i just cant see martinez even struggle to make the weight but we'll see. Martinez have fought many fighters that were no names and at 154 pounds nobody wanted to fight him. The late great Forrest didnt want to take a risk and fight Martinez.

And its not only money for Martinez, its also money for Dibella. Remember Dibella is his promoter and he gets a cut out of Martinez paycheck. The bigger the check, the bigger the cut, thus him looking for Cotto, Mayweather, Canelo, Chavez Jr (the biggest investments wise in boxing).
str1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #47
Henke67
Unbroken History
ESB Addict

Location: Our revenge will be in the laughter of our children
vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
Not superstar status, but at least big enough to give him a name.

Pirog mighnt be a huge deal money wise, but hes a HECK of a lot bigger name than Proska!!
Let's say that Pirog didn't get injured and Golovkin beat him instead of Proksa. I'd bet that DiBella's response would've been something like "Who gives a ****? A guy no-ones ever heard of beat another guy no-one's ever heard of".

I'm all for Sergio making some big money before he retires but if a super-fight isn't out there, why not GGG? Does he bring *that* much less to the table than Barker et al?
Henke67 is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #48
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
Not superstar status, but at least big enough to give him a name.

Pirog mighnt be a huge deal money wise, but hes a HECK of a lot bigger name than Proska!!
Defo. I agree. Which is why I said in the earlier pages that Golovkin should target him to shorten that process of getting Martinez. But, I wouldn't be surprised if Golovkin beat Pirog, for DiBella to then say "Pirog's a nobody in the States". He's fully intent on securing the big names only, at the moment.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #49
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

sm needs only money fights here. pbf wont fight him and the only ones left are cotto, jr. and canelo. cotto has balls and will get owned, jr. will be another physically demanding fight and canelo wont even fight prime 154's let alone a prime 160.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #50
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

The thing with the Barker fight is that Sturm, Geale, and Quillin turned it down first and Barker actually brought English to the promotion and Sky coverage. And of course DiBella would be a fool if he was going to merely be content returning to the same paydays they were making pre-PPV
purephase is online now  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #51
rayhogan
Dont worry Pac, you wont
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by str1 View Post
And its not only money for Martinez, its also money for Dibella. Remember Dibella is his promoter and he gets a cut out of Martinez paycheck. The bigger the check, the bigger the cut, thus him looking for Cotto, Mayweather, Canelo, Chavez Jr (the biggest investments wise in boxing).
Of course its money for both lou and martinez. Martinez i guarantee isnt afraid to fight ggg but its just at the stage of martinez career, he is about to be 38 years old and was just coming off a big win and on ppv that draw around 400 buys. Lou wants martinez for now on face big names on ppv. If gg keeps on fighting on hbo and beat better opponents like atleast 2 more fighters then if he does great in ratings and drew great crowds then martinez vs ggg could be on hbo ppv and it'll bring big money.
rayhogan is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #52
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke67 View Post
Let's say that Pirog didn't get injured and Golovkin beat him instead of Proksa. I'd bet that DiBella's response would've been something like "Who gives a ****? A guy no-ones ever heard of beat another guy no-one's ever heard of".

I'm all for Sergio making some big money before he retires but if a super-fight isn't out there, why not GGG? Does he bring *that* much less to the table than Barker et al?
why on earth should sm defend his title against ggg for short money while canelo is allowed to defend against ww/jww's?
Quincy K is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #53
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
Make an impression by blowing Sturm off the face of the earth. Geale has to decide by December 31st if he's going to fight GGG or drop his WBA Super trinket. It won't be long before he's taken or scared everybody out of attempting to defend their titles. Will the fight not make sense then? Who said he deserves it Now? The above could come to fruition before Martinez even gets back in the ring. It's a fight he WINS imo and I want him to unify the division, as a boxing fan of his. DiBella "And why are you even asking?" -- What a Bitch.
yeah, **** what DiBella says. He's a promoter. The only legit promoter out there is Oscar

And ****KKK Felix Sturm. Can he please go away already I knew Geale was going to look for an easy payday before legitimately defending his belt against a top guy (because he's most likely going to lose) I just do not see Geale going straight into a Golo fight. the more I think about it the more I see Martinez going for a Chavez Jr rematch

No one at 154 is going to fight him either. Lots of time left though since Martinez probably won't even be able to train until December.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #54
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

A Martinez fight does absolutely nothing for Floyd, who's been content with his legacy for about half a decade already. It's 100% Risk. GBP has already balked at the prospect of it before and they're eyeing Cotto themselves depending on the outcome with Trout.

So..

Chavez rematch... ...
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #55
shimmy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Who knows, by the time Sergio can fight again, things may be completely different. I wouldn't suspect Sergio to be able to fight again until Spring at least. Floyd won't fight him, Cotto may lose to Trout, or win and take the Canelo fight instead. Chavez may be suspended still by then, and GGG could have blasted out two opponents on HBO by then.
So many things can change in a short time and this fight could eventually happen. On the other hand its completely understandable as to why this fight wouldn't be made right this minute, but it can't anyways because Sergio has a bad hand, knee, and two cuts to heal up from.
shimmy is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #56
nahkis
Robbed

What a load of shit

Like Barker, Dzinziruk or Macklin were household names in the US

Proksa's a better fighter than Chavez jr too
nahkis is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #57
Henke67
Unbroken History
ESB Addict

Location: Our revenge will be in the laughter of our children

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy K View Post
why on earth should sm defend his title against ggg for short money while canelo is allowed to defend against ww/jww's?
I'd hold Canelo to the same standards; if you can get a huge fight and make money, go for it. If not, shouldn't you have a responsibility as a champion to fight the top, available, contender?
Henke67 is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #58
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Dwyer thinks Martinez should gun for Anthony Mundine

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkCr4Ot9SZA[/ame]
@ 7:45.
purephase is online now  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #59
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
A Martinez fight does absolutely nothing for Floyd, who's been content with his legacy for about half a decade already. It's 100% Risk. GBP has already balked at the prospect of it before and they're eyeing Cotto themselves depending on the outcome with Trout.

So..

Chavez rematch... ...
Money makes money against whomever he fights. Why not fight the toughest test out there. All the other greats did
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #60
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Money makes money against whomever he fights. Why not fight the toughest test out there. All the other greats did
***y could make money posing nude for a bunch of publications. Sorry, I don't consider myself less of a fan for wanting him to establish a worthwhile legacy and give us reason to talk about him after he's gone. I dont Blame Him for seeking these fights, I just view them as slim to none propositions. With that in mind, fight the best.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum