Old 09-28-2012, 09:48 AM   #46
Black_Rainbows
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: ricky hatton vs vyacheslav senchenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Shot JR View Post
Boxnation are now running a poll on this fight on their Facebook Page- a hint that they have the TV rights?

BoxNation ‏@boxnationtv

@frijjboy Just for new subscribers - existing subscribers unaffected, and pay just 10 per month. We don't even have the fight yet!
Black_Rainbows is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #47
glue glove
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Imagine if ITV got it!!!

Or Channel 5!!!

I know I'm dreaming.....

Can't imagine ever watching Hatton without having to shell out for it...
glue glove is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #48
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
He was stopped on a cut but he was taking a complete battering, being caught with the right hand with impunity. The word "cut" doesn't do the stoppage justice IMO

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

He's still a much better opponent than Katsidis
Very true.

But once that swelled up, it'd have been more of a shock if Malignaggi hadn't been able to put him away
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #49
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

It's a safe-ish, but solid comeback opponent for him. Can't have any complaints really.

It's the sort of guy he ought to be able to beat, and if he can't.... time to call it a day.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #50
OvergrownGnome
HARRYYOSO
ESB Full Member

does he want malinaggi's belt? he might fight maidana then at some point
OvergrownGnome is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #51
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Makes sense on many levels, a light puncher, will mesh well with Hatton's style. Plus he's beatable and Malignaggi took belt of this guy so links well to a rematch next year between those two if Ricky wins this which he should IMHO although i sense a few scary moments as it goes into later rounds. I think Senchenko may be tough enough to stay in the fight till late and Hatton may tire and get caught a few times but still win.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #52
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
Very true.

But once that swelled up, it'd have been more of a shock if Malignaggi hadn't been able to put him away
I wonder if cuts will play a part in this fight, not seen much of Senchenko prior to the Malinaggi fight but his face seemed to melt from Paulie's punches so Hatton's could have an even bigger effect on his skin. Plus Hatton is going to be wading into someone with a much longer reach than him who is a lot taller and could also be eating some leather, his skin has always given him problems too historically and I can't imagine it's improved after a 3 year guiness and bugle binge!
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #53
glue glove
Belt holder
ESB Addict

At least we now know Hatton is campaigning at welterweight!

Strong division though.
glue glove is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #54
doug.ie
'Classic Boxing Society'
East Side Guru

very dangerous fight.
if i make a bet i'll be chancing hatton to get stopped.
not that i want him to get stopped, i just think this opponent is wrong for the first fight back...maybe after a warm up i'd feel more comfortable, but i'm going against the grain here and saying hatton is biting off too much here at this first stage of his comeback.

he's 3/4 of a foot taller, and despite what some say, its takes no joke of a boxer to win a wba belt.

people talk about malinaggi beating senchenko, but for me its not that comparable...paulie is speedster, not in the same way hatton will be...paulie was on top of his game and he was darting in and out..speed won.....hatton will be more pressure, in senchenko's face, it'll be a totally different fight....hattons style is the kind of style that will be effected badly from a lay off as long as he's had, look at kastidas and he's been active, that pressure style burns out quick....i just can't see hatton being half as good as he was, and he'll need to be more than half as good to beat senchenko or mallinaggi i think.
doug.ie is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #55
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Good points Doug , If Senchenko can dig in i do see Hatton having some harem scare'm moments. I remember Lazcano hurting Ricky, Ricky's the sort of guy who if not 100% and not flowing can become ragged and fall apart.

You could well see another Lazcano/Urango type survival to the bell. I think it will be a entertaining battle.

May head up for it, got a game in Reading that day so may be hard pushed to get up there for it..

Edit: Sold out, May well go to Purdy vs Jones or DeGagle/Daws card.

Last edited by SkillspayBills; 09-28-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #56
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Is it true Hatton will still train Rabchenko for his fight with Vitu?. If true i'd not be comfortable with that as a fighter.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #57
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 5250

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
He was stopped on a cut but he was taking a complete battering, being caught with the right hand with impunity. The word "cut" doesn't do the stoppage justice IMO

He's still a much better opponent than Katsidis
No no no... I've seen this before... ...

Senchenko was on marijuana
Robney is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #58
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

This is a very smart choice. We'll see how much Ricky's got left because if he's too far gone he's not going to beat anybody this level regardless of style. But...

Here you got a very in front of you, straight up and down, no frills, no surprises, no power guy. He isn't really going to punch holes in you unless you're shot to shit and if you are you'd get exposed by a lesser fighter too. He's also REACTIVE, like most Ukranians. Which means if Ricky has any of the good footwork to get inside and swarm like he used to, this guy can't react to you and counter. He'll cover up. You've got a static target here made to be punched about.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #59
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Senchenko has never been in a big fight outside Ukraine so we dont know how well he'll travel.

He looked really faded against Malinaggi, his timing & judgement of distance was poor, his reflexes/reactions looked very slow. Although he was never very explosive or quick he always had a bit of snap in his shots & a spring in his step, vs Paulie he just fell apart & was never competitive.

Shannon will get Ricky fit & in decent shape but who knows how good or bad he'll be in the ring. At least with Senchenko if Ricky looks awful he wont take a hammering.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #60
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
Senchenko has never been in a big fight outside Ukraine so we dont know how well he'll travel.

He looked really faded against Malinaggi, his timing & judgement of distance was poor, his reflexes/reactions looked very slow. Although he was never very explosive or quick he always had a bit of snap in his shots & a spring in his step, vs Paulie he just fell apart & was never competitive.

Shannon will get Ricky fit & in decent shape but who knows how good or bad he'll be in the ring. At least with Senchenko if Ricky looks awful he wont take a hammering.
This is a perfectly gauged fight by Hatton and his people. You're going in at seemingly a decent level which maybe sets up the PM return, but at the same time if you're bad enough to get whooped on by this guy who himself is old and very limited, you're probably far gone enough to get KO'd at domestic level too, which is a lot worse. So its smart, no matter what IMO.
TFFP is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum