Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
stegsie
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default VIP Boxing Press Release - Crazy Guy!

CRAZY GUY

Belfastís former world flyweight champ Rinty Monaghan used to entertain the masses after his fights with a rendition of ĎWhen Irish Eyes Are Smilingí. Although he may not be up there with Rinty just yet, professional fighter, and recording artist, James Davenport has promised he too will serenade the crowd if victorious in his comeback bout at Boltonís Reebok Stadium on October 7.

Part of a quality undercard to a bill-topper that sees Colneís Shayne Singleton fighting for the Masters light-welterweight belt, Davenport will be stepping back into the ring after six years out, and the Mancunian canít wait to punch for pay again. In a stop-start career, James, 35, turned pro in 2001, had his last fight in 2006, and currently has a ledger of just one defeat in five fights.

ďIím really excited,Ē said James, who is trained by Bobby Rimmer and former European light-middleweight champion Jamie Moore. ďI like the attention and Iím looking forward to showing all those people who think Iím too old. Iíll shock them all because what they saw in the past was me as a brawler but theyíre going to see a totally different fighter. Iím out there to box, but if the knockout comes thatís unfortunate for my opponent!

ďIf I win, give me the mic and Iíll sing a song and get everyone at it Ė thatís a deal for you!Ē

In his heyday, the aforementioned Moore used to ringwalk to one of Jamesí songs - ĎCrazy Guyí - and Davenport (Twitter @1SHINNy) will also enter the arena to one of his own compositions ĎRunawayí. Still heavily involved in the music business, and also working as a model, James has simply decided that now is the right time to give up the rock Ďní roll excesses and get back to fighting.

ďIím well managed now with my music career. When I was boxing I was trying to juggle both of them and basically I was burning the candle at both ends. What with rock Ďní roll and the lifestyle that comes with it, it didnít really go with the boxing. When I should have been training, I was on the drink and partying! Now Iím being managed well and I feel like Iíve got time to do it [boxing].

ďItís going absolutely brilliant. After six years out but always training in different gyms, Iíve made a style of my own. Iíve still got the attack but Iím nice and relaxed and enjoy my boxing. Iím a very sharp and fast fighter. Iíve been sparring with my trainer Jamie [Moore] and have also been training with Brian Rose, and itís just great to be in the boxing world again. Lifeís going well. Iíve turned a corner in my life and I believe good things come when you become a better person within yourself.Ē

James will appear at the Reebok Stadium in Bolton on October 7 on a show headlined by both Shayne Singleton and Lancashireís Luke Blackledge fighting for Masters titles. Also appearing will be Boltonís unbeaten Rick Goddins taking on former British lightweight champion Graham Earl; Prestonís Dean Halsall; Cumbriaís Rick Skelton; Athertonís Craig Boardman; and debutants Tommy Taitham and Danny Watson.

Tickets, priced at £30 (General) and £50 (Ringside), are available from all boxers or at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Keep updated on VIP Promotionsí news by visiting [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or follow on Twitter @vipboxing. Currently, you can also watch free fights at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
stegsie is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum