Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Boxnation to announce Hatton?

I think it is looking increasingly likely that Boxnation may be close to announcing the Hatton fight.

Here's my reasoning:

1. They have a poll up on their Facebook page about the outcome of the Hatton/Senchenko fight; I have been following the Boxnation Facebook page since the start and they have NEVER run a poll on a fights outcome that was not being shown on their channel.

2. There are a large number of posters on the Boxnation Facebook page enquiring as to if the Hatton fight will be on the channel; since the start they have never commented on the chances of them showing an upcoming fight until it has been 100% confirmed, instead always resorting to the line that they have "no news yet, but when (they) do it will be announced on Facebook", however they are not being so vague in their replies reference the Hatton fight and making it quite clear they are actively pursuing it.

3. They have announced a "BIG press conference next Monday featuring Ricky Burns, Billy Joe Saunders, Liam Walsh and Tony Conquest!".

4. They have confirmed that they will be showing the Flintoff fight in November, I'm sure I read somewhere that Hatton is being promoted by Hatton Promtions so perhaps its all on the same bill?

5. Boxnation have good links with Malignaggi, he is a regular on Bunceys show and they showed his fight against Senchenko.

If the plan is for a rematch between Hatton/Maliganggi, and this would make sense to get Ricky a realistic title fight sooner rather than later, then it makes sense in a way for Hatton to face the guy that Malignaggi won the title from and then allow comparisons to be made, it also gives Ricky the objective of trying to beat him more convincingly.

6. Alongside its regular content Boxnation need fights like this to keep going; so far they have had two really big 'events' in Mayweather/Cotto and Haye/Chisora, fights that have a good chance of bringing a huge increase in subscriptions. The Hatton comeback is huge and I think Boxnation will throw everything they can at securing this fight because as a 'boxing channel' they need it to maintain credibilty in my opinion.

I'm sure I will get slated for this reasoning as is so often the case on this forum, but the beauty is I'll either be proved right or wrong come Monday and the press conference!
Michael300 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
flamethrower
Journeyman

Default Re: Boxnation to announce Hatton?

can u elaborate
flamethrower is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamethrower View Post
can u elaborate
Old 09-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

So that will be the three biggest fights of the year domestically by far, on boxnation.

Haye vs Chisora.

Burns vs Mitchell.

Hatton comeback fight.

And they have also had the biggest fight world wide........

Mayweather vs Cotto.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #5
gashalasha7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
I think it is looking increasingly likely that Boxnation may be close to announcing the Hatton fight.

Here's my reasoning:

1. They have a poll up on their Facebook page about the outcome of the Hatton/Senchenko fight; I have been following the Boxnation Facebook page since the start and they have NEVER run a poll on a fights outcome that was not being shown on their channel.

2. There are a large number of posters on the Boxnation Facebook page enquiring as to if the Hatton fight will be on the channel; since the start they have never commented on the chances of them showing an upcoming fight until it has been 100% confirmed, instead always resorting to the line that they have "no news yet, but when (they) do it will be announced on Facebook", however they are not being so vague in their replies reference the Hatton fight and making it quite clear they are actively pursuing it.

3. They have announced a "BIG press conference next Monday featuring Ricky Burns, Billy Joe Saunders, Liam Walsh and Tony Conquest!".

4. They have confirmed that they will be showing the Flintoff fight in November, I'm sure I read somewhere that Hatton is being promoted by Hatton Promtions so perhaps its all on the same bill?

5. Boxnation have good links with Malignaggi, he is a regular on Bunceys show and they showed his fight against Senchenko.

If the plan is for a rematch between Hatton/Maliganggi, and this would make sense to get Ricky a realistic title fight sooner rather than later, then it makes sense in a way for Hatton to face the guy that Malignaggi won the title from and then allow comparisons to be made, it also gives Ricky the objective of trying to beat him more convincingly.

6. Alongside its regular content Boxnation need fights like this to keep going; so far they have had two really big 'events' in Mayweather/Cotto and Haye/Chisora, fights that have a good chance of bringing a huge increase in subscriptions. The Hatton comeback is huge and I think Boxnation will throw everything they can at securing this fight because as a 'boxing channel' they need it to maintain credibilty in my opinion.

I'm sure I will get slated for this reasoning as is so often the case on this forum, but the beauty is I'll either be proved right or wrong come Monday and the press conference!
cant argue with that mate and I hope you're right
gashalasha7 is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #6
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
can u elaborate
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #7
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
So that will be the three biggest fights of the year domestically by far, on boxnation.

Haye vs Chisora.

Burns vs Mitchell.

Hatton comeback fight.

Mayweather vs Cotto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashalasha7 View Post
cant argue with that mate and I hope you're right

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
Hello Stranger, long time no see!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #8
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Hi Michael, still fighting the good fight for Boxnation eh?
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #9
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534

I can't remember the fight but fish eyes was interviewed ringside a few weeks back. He said he didn't want to see Hatton fight & wish he stayed retired. He then went onto to mention that BoxNation would screen the fight if they had the opportunity to.
macho_grande is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #10
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Like he didn't want anything to do with promoting a Haye-Chisora fight.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #11
bluenoseshf
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post

Haye vs Chisora.

Burns vs Mitchell.

Hatton comeback fight.

Mayweather vs Cotto.
All this for only 10 a month, or 2.50 a week what a bargin.

If only there was something we could compare it to, to show what great value this is???
bluenoseshf is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #12
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Like an common, everyday expense that a normal, working class bloke could gauge it against?
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 02:13 AM   #13
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

Quote:
can u elaborate
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 04:20 AM   #14
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post

Here's my reasoning:

1. this means nothing. sky have similar polls for fights they dont show.

2. its not secret they want the fight.

3. for a show in london on dec 8th

4. not being promoted by hatton

5. really.....

6. true but doesnt meaning anything

and you said i am stupid for believing in God!
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 04:53 AM   #15
Jack Dempsey
Legend
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoseshf View Post
All this for only 10 a month, or 2.50 a week what a bargin.

If only there was something we could compare it to, to show what great value this is???
Wouldnt be a ****ing pint of beer I can tell you, paid 8.50 for two pints of Kroney the other week, ****ing barmaid should have been wearing a mask
Jack Dempsey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum