Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-29-2012, 06:10 AM   #16
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxnation to announce Hatton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
1. this means nothing. sky have similar polls for fights they dont show.

2. its not secret they want the fight.

3. for a show in london on dec 8th

4. not being promoted by hatton

5. really.....

6. true but doesnt meaning anything

and you said i am stupid for believing in God!
Not stupid Jonsey, just deluded.

And lets add rude and arrogant to the list whilst we're at it.........
Michael300 is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 06:34 AM   #17
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
Not stupid Jonsey, just deluded.

And lets add rude and arrogant to the list whilst we're at it.........
6 billion deluded people in the world.

one especially deluded....he wrote this thread.

Christians can still have banter. its not a sin
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 07:01 AM   #18
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #19
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:

The current estimated world poplulation stands at just over 7 billion.

Firstly there is no way that 6 billion are 'religious'.

I grant you the real figure is still most likely high, but the number is declining rapidly, why?

I'll tell you why, because it is a proven fact that as a society becomes more developed the number of individuals within that population that consider themselves to be 'religious' declines; this is because the more scientifically and technologically aware a society becomes, the more aware that society becomes as to just how the world and its inhabitants actually developed.

Also to put all those individuals who consider themselves to be 'religious ' into the same categories is quite frankly naive.

Being religious can mean many different things to people; it can be a belief system, a cultural system or even a worldview.

I am not for one second suggesting that every individual who falls into one of those categories is 'deluded'; just the ones who refuse to accept the level of hypocrisy and control that certain 'religions' have exerted, and will continue to exert, upon a population.

The fact that there are an estimated 4200 different religions in the world illustrates two clear points to me:
  • There are a large amount of people who feel that some form of 'spiritual guidance' can improve their life
  • However it also tells me just how unrealistic it is to beleive in an all-seeing higher power; it tells me that people have just made them up as time goes on to suit the time and ultimately control a population.
For me the existence of Convergent evolution in nature shows the hypocrisy of religion.

The fact that a species can acquire the same biological trait in an unrelated lineage, and in all corners of the globe, makes me wonder why religion can not do the same.

If there is indeed a higher power why do so many people interpret it so differently?

And secondly 'banter' is one thing, insulting someone and calling them stupid because they express a view you disagree with is quite a different matter.

You need to let the 'religion' issue go Jonsey, I have said it before and I'll say it again, lets just agree to disagree; I have no problem with you holding a view that is in contradiction to my own, I am confident and comfortable enough in my own belief system, ethics and morals to not feel threatened by yours.

I would hope that you would feel the same and just move on.

To bring the issue up again in a thread that has no relation to the subject is a little obsessive in my opinion and makes me question why you feel the need to do so when you are so sure of what you believe in.

This is a boxing forum, we had a lively and interesting debate on the subject of religion a while a go, it was educational, but ultimately I don't come on here to force my releigious beliefs on to others, I come on here to talk boxing.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:05 AM   #20
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
The current estimated world poplulation stands at just over 7 billion.

Firstly there is no way that 6 billion are 'religious'.

I grant you the real figure is still most likely high, but the number is declining rapidly, why?

I'll tell you why, because it is a proven fact that as a society becomes more developed the number of individuals within that population that consider themselves to be 'religious' declines; this is because the more scientifically and technologically aware a society becomes, the more aware that society becomes as to just how the world and its inhabitants actually developed.

Also to put all those individuals who consider themselves to be 'religious ' into the same categories is quite frankly naive.

Being religious can mean many different things to people; it can be a belief system, a cultural system or even a worldview.

I am not for one second suggesting that every individual who falls into one of those categories is 'deluded'; just the ones who refuse to accept the level of hypocrisy and control that certain 'religions' have exerted, and will continue to exert, upon a population.

The fact that there are an estimated 4200 different religions in the world illustrates two clear points to me:
  • There are a large amount of people who feel that some form of 'spiritual guidance' can improve their life
  • However it also tells me just how unrealistic it is to beleive in an all-seeing higher power; it tells me that people have just made them up as time goes on to suit the time and ultimately control a population.
For me the existence of Convergent evolution in nature shows the hypocrisy of religion.

The fact that a species can acquire the same biological trait in an unrelated lineage, and in all corners of the globe, makes me wonder why religion can not do the same.

If there is indeed a higher power why do so many people interpret it so differently?

And secondly 'banter' is one thing, insulting someone and calling them stupid because they express a view you disagree with is quite a different matter.

You need to let the 'religion' issue go Jonsey, I have said it before and I'll say it again, lets just agree to disagree; I have no problem with you holding a view that is in contradiction to my own, I am confident and comfortable enough in my own belief system, ethics and morals to not feel threatened by yours.

I would hope that you would feel the same and just move on.

To bring the issue up again in a thread that has no relation to the subject is a little obsessive in my opinion and makes me question why you feel the need to do so when you are so sure of what you believe in.

This is a boxing forum, we had a lively and interesting debate on the subject of religion a while a go, it was educational, but ultimately I don't come on here to force my releigious beliefs on to others, I come on here to talk boxing.
i made a small comment. you wrote an essay. let it go bro.....notice i was also not the only person to make fun off you
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 08:13 AM   #21
Dragon Punch
Contender
ESB Senior Member

This card has PPV written all over it IMO. I can't see how box nation can put together a financial package to satisfy Hatton and Poxon. To me I has to be a straight fight between Sky box office and primetime. Sky have the big pay day fighters for Hatton with Khan and Brook..and for the other stars in Ricky's stable.....Frampton for Quigg/Munroe and Barker for Martin Murray they have to be favourites IMHO.
Dragon Punch is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #22
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

Hope its ITV or C5

Be happy if its boxnation

Be less happy if its sky

Will murder a prostitute if its primetime
Marlow is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #23
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
i made a small comment. you wrote an essay. let it go bro.....notice i was also not the only person to make fun off you

Your 'small comment' was actually mildly abusive, and with respect to writing an 'essay' in response to a post, I will say just three words to you there Jonsey - Pot, Kettle and Black.

And yes there were posts that made fun of my thread, I don't mind that its something that you must accept when being a poster on here, but you made a direct insult towards me and suggested I was "stupid" for expressing a view you don't agree with.

Quite a different matter.

People in glass houses and all that............
Old 09-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #24
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Your 'small comment' was actually mildly abusive, and with respect to writing an 'essay' in response to a post, I will say just three words to you there Jonsey - Pot, Kettle and Black.

And yes there were posts that made fun of my thread, I don't mind that its something that you must accept when being a poster on here, but you made a direct insult towards me and suggested I was "stupid" for expressing a view you don't agree with.

Quite a different matter.

People in glass houses and all that............
your like a girl
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #25
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
your like a girl
Good comeback my man, very sharp..............

Maybe you're right about this religion game, it certainly seems to be making you a better person
Old 09-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #26
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Can I just say as a devout atheist, left wing libertarian that I think this fight will end up on BoxNation?
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #27
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Good comeback my man, very sharp..............

Maybe you're right about this religion game, it certainly seems to be making you a better person
Lol you genuinley didnt read what i was saying a few months ago.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #28
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2522

VVarren stated the he was interested in showing Hatton on Box Nation.
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #29
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

He also said he didn't want to promote Haye-Chisora.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #30
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
Lol you genuinley didnt read what i was saying a few months ago.
Lol, I must have genuinely needed to watch paint dry and have a dump instead

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum