Old 10-02-2012, 05:22 AM   #31
zenek2
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Will Wladimir Duck Pulev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulver View Post
WACH is looking like a beast and will do far better than many believe.
Saw few clips from wach's training on youtube, they were made like at least 8 weaks before the fight, he's gonna be in tremendous shape. Hope wlad wo't get any "injury" or whatever excuse to duck Mariusz.
zenek2 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #32
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 762

povotkin and pulev would be a gd 2013 for wlad...pity wachs going to knock him the **** out and prevent it..
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #33
Chiko_Tech
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I want Wlad to face Arreola and Povetkin firts let Pulev have a little more experience He deserve already a title shot but two or three more fights against journeyman and perennial contenders to get him more experience (at least 20 wins). He need all the skills and experience to beat a veteran like Wlad. I would love for Pulev to fight Chagaev first, If He fights and beat Chagaev He can Fight Wlad next.
Chiko_Tech is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #34
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiko_Tech View Post
I want Wlad to face Arreola and Povetkin firts let Pulev have a little more experience He deserve already a title shot but two or three more fights against journeyman and perenial contenders to get him more experience (at least 20 wins). He need all the skills and experience to beat a veteran like Wlad.
Pulev already has a far better cv than Arreola. Arreola has done **** all basically.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2014, 08:57 AM   #35
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

Bonete over at the scene of box.

The fight will never happen

By the sounds of it Wlad already has a fight for September if he can't get Stervine and its not going to be Pulev.

K2 trying to take people for fools once again. Its common knowledge Stervine was ordered to fight Wilder not Wlad.

They're pretend to be in talks with BS manager is just to side track Pulev. The BS fight was never on the table for Wlad.

He can beat up on a no hoper like Leapai but runs away from Pulev?

Wlad needs to be stripped and kicked out of the sport of boxing.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2014, 02:15 PM   #36
Matz
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Bonete over at the scene of box.

The fight will never happen

By the sounds of it Wlad already has a fight for September if he can't get Stervine and its not going to be Pulev.

K2 trying to take people for fools once again. Its common knowledge Stervine was ordered to fight Wilder not Wlad.

They're pretend to be in talks with BS manager is just to side track Pulev. The BS fight was never on the table for Wlad.

He can beat up on a no hoper like Leapai but runs away from Pulev?

The b1tch is just old and is looking for easy fights and milk the belts. He now has the opportunity to unify and I am fu.King sure he will get the WBC belt first and then he will choose to defend against Wilder and even drop the IBF belt, because he will have already become undisputed and wouldn`t care about keeping them all. Wlady is a business b1tch he is not sure in himself without Manny (RIP) in the corner.
Matz is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2014, 03:07 PM   #37
Butch Coolidge
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Maybe Klitschko should fight opponents like:

Jim Braddock 45-23-4
Nathan Mann 40-11-2
John Henry Lewis 98-9-4
Tony Galento 76-23-5
Johnny Davis 3-3-0

Luis Pires
Joe Goodwin
Clarence Boone
Ted Gullick
Miguel Paez
Terry Sorrell
Jose Roman
Scott Ledoux
Dino Denis
Jimmy Young
Leroy Caldwell
Vic Scott
George Chuvalo
Roger Russell
George Johnson
Jack O'Halloran
Charley Polite

etc.

Pulev is head and shoulders above all of them. So ( I know this is impossible ) let's try to use the same level of scrutiny for the old timers as we do for the contemporary boxers ( although this has never happened in the 35 years I have followed boxing ).

Last edited by Butch Coolidge; 05-27-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Butch Coolidge is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2014, 03:20 PM   #38
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Wlad is not ducking Pulev, he just made the WBC belt his priority, unifications have a higher status than mandatory fights.

IBF has already mandated the 30 day negotiation period and K2 is using it to explore the Stiverne bout to the fullest, before the IBF calls its purse bid.

Enter in Don King, GBP, Wilder asking for big money to step aside, Sauerland pressing the IBF, WBC mandating Stiverne against Wilder, and it's inevitable Wlad will have to fight Pulev next. The chances for a Stiverne matchup now are too slim, just too many obstacles.

K2 and Sauerland can't get a deal donne, they haven't for Povetkin, and on several other oportunities before. This fight is going to purse bid and there is a good chance Ryabinskiy will sneak into it again.

I do expect Wlad vs Pulev on september 6th.
11player is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2014, 03:28 PM   #39
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11player View Post
Wlad is not ducking Pulev, he just made the WBC belt his priority, unifications have a higher status than mandatory fights.

IBF has already mandated the 30 day negotiation period and K2 is using it to explore the Stiverne bout to the fullest, before the IBF calls its purse bid.

Enter in Don King, GBP, Wilder asking for big money to step aside, Sauerland pressing the IBF, WBC mandating Stiverne against Wilder, and it's inevitable Wlad will have to fight Pulev next. The chances for a Stiverne matchup now are too slim, just too many obstacles.

K2 and Sauerland can't get a deal donne, they haven't for Povetkin, and on several other oportunities before. This fight is going to purse bid and there is a good chance Ryabinskiy will sneak into it again.

I think your'e right.

While both Stiverne and Wladimir would rather unify, it would just be too much step aside $$$$.....Wilder would likely call for a mil, while Pulev wouldnt settle for less than 500K.

Crazy as it sounds, I think Stiverne and Wlad should schedule a fight for December. Maybe in Miami or MSG.

Go head and force their madates to take an August or September date. If they refuse or try for a different date, they are backing off, and then Wlad and Stiverne can handle thier unfinished biz without being extorted for insane step aside $$$$.
chitownfightfan is online now  Top
Old 05-27-2014, 04:43 PM   #40
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11player View Post

Who gave Wlad the authority to make the WBC belt his priority?

He doesn't rule the sport of boxing. The mandatory fights have been set up and he will have to wait like everybody else in the division.
Undisputed HW fights in the past have come as a result of demand or a guy being mando. There is no demand for Wlad vs Stervine in America.

Holyfield became undisputed being mando to Tyson -Douglas.
Bowe became undisputed being mando to Evander.
Lewis vs Holyfield was an undisputed match against the two best HWs of the decade that had been a long time coming. The undisputed championship ends there.

Wlad wants an easy calim to become undisputed by beating no namer, beer bellied, Stervine. Its a rubbish undisputed bout and one there is no demand for expect for Wlad and his business manager.

People want to see if Wilder is the real deal and him fighting Stervine will prove it. Why would Wilder allow Wlad beat Stervine and take the belt to Europe thus reducing him to only a challenger who will have to travel and fight for peanuts?
Wilder has GB and Haymon backing him. Wlad can't just claim priority of the WBC belt. It was never on the table for him. He is making up bullshit with claims of being in talks with BS manager.

There is only one fight available to Wlad now and thats IBF mand and Wlad and his team are making a lot of excuses not to take that fight.

A 'potential return in Sept' sounds to me like Wlad has already a figher lined up and its not Pulev.
The duck is a duck. He ducked out.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2014, 05:04 PM   #41
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post

This is a ****ing joke though. He better fight Pulev.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2014, 05:06 PM   #42
kh80290z
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1043

wlad is doing everything to duck pulev
kh80290z is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2014, 05:12 PM   #43
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 2426

wlad is exploring the chance to fully unify. Always has been a dream of his.... IBF rules allow 'unification" over a "mandatory" so for the IBF rules are being followed..... Bonte also said Saurland wanted to much $$ ... so it will go to purse bid.... nothing has been decided at all

stop with this DUCKING bullshit... its old!!!

Name me another fighter any fighter that would give up a chance to FULLY UNIFY so he could fight a mandatory????

you haters have been bitching for years that the champ needs to UNIFY the belts... now that he is trying, you guys BITCH again that he is ducking a IBF mand fight... make up your f-ing minds guys
CHEF is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2014, 05:24 PM   #44
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF View Post
wlad is exploring the chance to fully unify.
Well i've always respected you Chef, and i've never "hated on" Wlad, but **** off with that. His #1 contender - not the WBC's, not the WBA's, not the ABC's - the real #1 contender - wants to fight him. He's ready to fight him. The fight is on.

And he squirms. It's no good. It's not acceptable. It's an embarrassment.

And what's all this "he hasn't fought anyone" bullshit? Why does that exclude him? Leapai has a high level of competition that I don't know about?

If Wlad squirms here, he takes his lumps. Stiverne or someone like him will be holding onto that piece of shit strap in eight months. It's hardly urgent, and you'll struggle to find anyone who wants Stiverne over Pulev anyway.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2014, 05:35 PM   #45
spopovich
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF View Post
wlad is exploring the chance to fully unify. Always has been a dream of his.... IBF rules allow 'unification" over a "mandatory" so for the IBF rules are being followed..... Bonte also said Saurland wanted to much $$ ... so it will go to purse bid.... nothing has been decided at all

stop with this DUCKING bullshit... its old!!!

Name me another fighter any fighter that would give up a chance to FULLY UNIFY so he could fight a mandatory????

you haters have been bitching for years that the champ needs to UNIFY the belts... now that he is trying, you guys BITCH again that he is ducking a IBF mand fight... make up your f-ing minds guys
This thread was made 2 years ago. Wlad isn't showing any interest in fighting Pulev. Its a pattern, similar to Floyd Mayweather. He doesn't want to fight tough fights against live bodies. If Pulev isn't one of Wlad's next two opponents hes officially ducking him. His rush to take the belt off of slow Stiverne already looks like a duck to me.
spopovich is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum