Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #31
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 272
Default Re: Anyone really expect Pac/Marquez4 to be more decisve than 1,2 and 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightfan1912 View Post
I think it will probably go the same way as the last one with Marquez giving him a Boxing lesson and hopefully this time not getting robbed.

If Marquez does decide he needs to be more aggressive then than leaves him open but I wouldn;t rule out Marquez TKO Pac in the late rounds on body shots.

the only thing he needs to change is he needs to be more active. When he did and, he landed clean and it was eyecatching, but it was few and far between.
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #32
this_and_that
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,307
vCash: 155
Default Re: Anyone really expect Pac/Marquez4 to be more decisve than 1,2 and 3?

I think it will be like the 3rd fight with a possibility of another gift decision in favor of Pac.
this_and_that is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #33
Jetmax
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,848
vCash: 335
Default Re: Anyone really expect Pac/Marquez4 to be more decisve than 1,2 and 3?

PLease. Don't make any excuses. Whoever wins give him due credit. These two great warriors always give good fights. Whether it's a brawl or calculated tactical fight I love watching them.
Jetmax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #34
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas,Texas.
Posts: 17,399
vCash: 1010
Default Re: Anyone really expect Pac/Marquez4 to be more decisve than 1,2 and 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I disagree. It just shows that Bradley -- who has already been soundly beaten -- isn't financially worthwhile bothering with again. JMM, on the other hand, is. Getting a legit win over him is also more valuable. He's the better fighter than Bradley, and it helps settle the score to one of boxing's most controversial rivalries. If it was a safe win Manny was after, then there are easier opponents to pick than a guy who's just schooled you last time out, and knows you better than anyone else.
What would Pacman prove by winning. He already beat Marquez before this. Beating Bradley would prove more.. I just don't see it. Marquez is older and they have fought 3 times. Beating Bradley then fighting Mayweather would have proved more to me.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #35
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,657
vCash: 248
Default Re: Anyone really expect Pac/Marquez4 to be more decisve than 1,2 and 3?

remind me to top this when Marquez convincingly beats Pacquiao this time and gets the victory.
janeschicken is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #36
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bumfuck, Egypt
Posts: 22,194
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anyone really expect Pac/Marquez4 to be more decisve than 1,2 and 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeschicken View Post
remind me to top this when Marquez convincingly beats Pacquiao this time and gets the victory.
If Pac trains for this fight and doesn't do it 'part time' then I think we simply get another close fight. I actually believe if the fight was at 140 Pac would do better because it would take full time training. Better as in better at 140 than 147.
Hermit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #37
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 14,721
vCash: 121
Default Re: Anyone really expect Pac/Marquez4 to be more decisve than 1,2 and 3?

It was more than decisive enough the 3rd time.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #38
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,657
vCash: 248
Default Re: Anyone really expect Pac/Marquez4 to be more decisve than 1,2 and 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
If Pac trains for this fight and doesn't do it 'part time' then I think we simply get another close fight. I actually believe if the fight was at 140 Pac would do better because it would take full time training. Better as in better at 140 than 147.
I think Pac trained as hard for the last Marquez fight as he going to train basically. For Marquez III he even started training 2 weeks earlier because he was serious about putting the doubts to rest. The problem is, the longer in the tooth both these guys get, the more it favors Marquez' fighting style, where ring intelligence and the ability to adapt become more and more crucial. Pacquiao, as he loses his reflexes, speed and leg movement, is going to become more and more of a sitting target for Marquez' precision counters.

Marquez wins this one by clear UD, and the judges will give him the nod this time.
janeschicken is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #39
Daruf
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,442
vCash: 704
Default Re: Anyone really expect Pac/Marquez4 to be more decisve than 1,2 and 3?

I dont care if its more decisive as long as the right guy finally gets the decision.
Daruf is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #40
Thatman
No respond troll pactards
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,872
vCash: 500
Default Re: Anyone really expect Pac/Marquez4 to be more decisve than 1,2 and 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmax View Post
Not me. Check my history if you want but I didn't buy into Manny destroying Marquez last time. I said Pacquiao will have another tough fight with JMM. However this 4th fight I believe it will be a clear victory for Pacquiao.
Good to go.
Thatman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #41
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bumfuck, Egypt
Posts: 22,194
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anyone really expect Pac/Marquez4 to be more decisve than 1,2 and 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeschicken View Post
I think Pac trained as hard for the last Marquez fight as he going to train basically. For Marquez III he even started training 2 weeks earlier because he was serious about putting the doubts to rest. The problem is, the longer in the tooth both these guys get, the more it favors Marquez' fighting style, where ring intelligence and the ability to adapt become more and more crucial. Pacquiao, as he loses his reflexes, speed and leg movement, is going to become more and more of a sitting target for Marquez' precision counters.

Marquez wins this one by clear UD, and the judges will give him the nod this time.
Actually, that makes good sense. At least on paper. It will be interesting to see if that is the scenario that plays out.
Hermit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #42
Indio-Bandido
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,136
vCash: 75
Default Re: Anyone really expect Pac/Marquez4 to be more decisve than 1,2 and 3?

expect pacquiao to ko marquez this time.
Indio-Bandido is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #43
reed_man02
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,376
vCash: 1391
Default Re: Anyone really expect Pac/Marquez4 to be more decisve than 1,2 and 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
If Pac trains for this fight and doesn't do it 'part time' then I think we simply get another close fight. I actually believe if the fight was at 140 Pac would do better because it would take full time training. Better as in better at 140 than 147.
Yea I agree as well.

In fact, Divac said it a long time ago the higher in weight these two fight, the more it favors Marquez. Of course everyone ridiculed him but that's because there used to be even more pactards before Marquez whipped his ass in the third fight.
reed_man02 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:23 AM   #44
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bumfuck, Egypt
Posts: 22,194
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anyone really expect Pac/Marquez4 to be more decisve than 1,2 and 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmax View Post
PLease. Don't make any excuses. Whoever wins give him due credit. These two great warriors always give good fights. Whether it's a brawl or calculated tactical fight I love watching them.
Bottom line. Scoring the third fight was problamatic at best for me. Defense by both was way under rated. I scored some rounds based on ONE punch.
Hermit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:26 AM   #45
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bumfuck, Egypt
Posts: 22,194
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anyone really expect Pac/Marquez4 to be more decisve than 1,2 and 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeschicken View Post
remind me to top this when Marquez convincingly beats Pacquiao this time and gets the victory.
Is it too soon to remind you yet?

Had almost forgotten about this thread but saw something tonight that jarred my memory. Of course both camps are saying the 'right things' as usual so not much to glean from that.
Hermit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013