Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #31
Txomo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Kiko Martinez vs Carl Frampton

Kiko changed managers twice this summer... it could be the reason for pull off the fight.
Maravilla is not going to recover the money with this fight... I think that he wants to put Kiko in the media to get a title shot soon... maybe in one of his undercards. Kiko has travelled a lot... let him do it at home once!!
Txomo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #32
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Good fight for Frampton while Quigg and Munroe battle it out.

Frampton could look for even bigger fights but while there are legit contenders on his shores that make money, make ranking sense and also offer him experience he can for both options.

Odds are Hearns won't let him fight outside of the UK and he'll want fights here while telling Frampton, Brook etc to ensure it is on their "terms".

The usual shit that kills boxing as opposed to doing your job as a promoter, ensuring a tight contract, good living accommodation, training grounds, marketing obligations, veto the ref, judges etc
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #33
Fightfan1912
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txomo View Post
Kiko changed managers twice this summer... it could be the reason for pull off the fight.
Maravilla is not going to recover the money with this fight... I think that he wants to put Kiko in the media to get a title shot soon... maybe in one of his undercards. Kiko has travelled a lot... let him do it at home once!!
Talk around Belfast was that Martinez camp was in turmoil during the run up to the fight. His promotional tema were trying to get him away from his handlers and team him up with Bernardo Checa. Not sure if this is true but that's the talk i heard.

It's still a decent fight but I wished it would have happened just after the Martinez Booth fight. Martinez has been out for too long and didn't look good in his 6rounder at the Roadhouse.
Fightfan1912 is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #34
McGuinty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamaro View Post
And I can understand it, Frampton looks great, but Kiko is way more seasoned, he already fought Dunne and Takalani before they became world champions, twice Munroe, and never was stopped or barely hurt other than gassed early in his career. He is right now 27, not even in his prime probably, and in Alicante, motivated with his home crowd, a new promoter who is willing to spend money on him, in this scenario, I can see Frampton knocked out. Kiko is not a past prime fighter, people think that because he koed Dunne with 21 yo.
I'll take your word for it mate.
McGuinty is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #35
Txomo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightfan1912 View Post
Talk around Belfast was that Martinez camp was in turmoil during the run up to the fight. His promotional tema were trying to get him away from his handlers and team him up with Bernardo Checa. Not sure if this is true but that's the talk i heard.

It's still a decent fight but I wished it would have happened just after the Martinez Booth fight. Martinez has been out for too long and didn't look good in his 6rounder at the Roadhouse.
I give kiko credit for stopping (rd12) the tough Martirosyan in his country yard although it wasn't a brilliant fight. I don't like his style so much and he is not the more charismatic man out there but I will support him cause I'm spanish and we don't have a lot of boxers at international level

Kiko has some pop and usually puts a good pressure and works the body. This fight could be funny and a good stepstone for Carl
Txomo is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #36
Txomo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

BTW I won't be worried about the six rd fight with Curran. Curran is superfeather/light and has made 21 fights between 2010-2012. Kiko was at 125pounds... It was more a sparring than a fight.
Txomo is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #37
madg321
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 642

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decy View Post
Why? Frampton has just beat an ex world champ shot to **** maybe but still a decent name and is now on the fringes of a world class ranking.He would be far better off trying to get a fight against someone in the lower reaches of the top 10.As for Martinez since beating a past his best and chinny Bernard Dunne 5 years ago his only achievements of note are losing twice to Rendall Munroe and beating an old Jason Booth.Ridiculous? no I don't think so.
Shot....
madg321 is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #38
Fightfan1912
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Eddie Hearn talking about Rafael Marquez, Rico Ramos or Jeffrey Mathebula on BBC News there.

Framptons certainly gunin for the big boys now.

Would hate to see the likes of Rafael Marquez getting booed in Belfast. Drives me mad to see people booing fighters.
Fightfan1912 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #39
Max Banjo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightfan1912 View Post
Eddie Hearn talking about Rafael Marquez, Rico Ramos or Jeffrey Mathebula on BBC News there.

Framptons certainly gunin for the big boys now.

Would hate to see the likes of Rafael Marquez getting booed in Belfast. Drives me mad to see people booing fighters.
Yeah i must have been one of the handful applauding Molitor last month...
Max Banjo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum