Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-09-2012, 03:36 AM   #1
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Wills v Willard 1915

Harry Wills challenges new champion Jess Willard at the end of 1915.How does it turn out?

nb This is over 20 rds.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
mcvey is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 06:37 AM   #2
TheGreatA
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Wills v Willard 1915

Their comparative track records suggest that Wills was the better man. I can't justify any pick other than Wills. Taking into account the era there's obviously a chance of a no contest or a draw if Wills cannot press his advantage enough.
TheGreatA is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #3
Boilermaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 685

Willard would have started a heavy favourite at this time. Wills had been twice beaten by McVey but had just reversed the trend. Willa had also just been Knocked out by Langford. Willard in contrast had taken everything the greatest figther in the world had thrown at thim, soaked up the punishment and knocked him out.

Willard would have been the heavy favourite against the fokes of the time. I think he has a much better chance than most today give him. I think it is a great match and a toss a coin fight. Willards size and strength will definitely cause wills some trouble. I think it likely is a drawn fight over 20 rounds, but if forced to bet on the outcome, I would go with whoever is the underdog, which as i stated would depend on when the bookies were born.
Boilermaker is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
Willard would have started a heavy favourite at this time. Wills had been twice beaten by McVey but had just reversed the trend. Willa had also just been Knocked out by Langford. Willard in contrast had taken everything the greatest figther in the world had thrown at thim, soaked up the punishment and knocked him out.

Willard would have been the heavy favourite against the fokes of the time. I think he has a much better chance than most today give him. I think it is a great match and a toss a coin fight. Willards size and strength will definitely cause wills some trouble. I think it likely is a drawn fight over 20 rounds, but if forced to bet on the outcome, I would go with whoever is the underdog, which as i stated would depend on when the bookies were born.
I agree I don't think Wills hit his stride until later.
mcvey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum