Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 12:41 AM   #136
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 5,956
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Mayweather beats Sergio Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
Interesting that you base your premise on the fact that Floyd would come forward on Sergio, because I think that Floyd taking the lead would actually lead to his downfall, in a sense.
You make a lot of good points but floyd knows what the greats of the past knew.....that you have to come forward against a southpaw. Because when you get close to a southpaw he stops being a southpaw.
o_money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2012, 12:44 AM   #137
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northeastern United States
Posts: 8,996
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why Mayweather beats Sergio Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetethePrince View Post
Oh, I see it now.

In that poor wording, their fighting style might reflect the only way how that crazy situation could go down (No homo).



I think you're downplaying activity. I know they aren't comparable, but Oscar won 4 rounds with size and activity (Yes, coupled with a good jab). Work-rate and angles (With both hands and feet) is Martinez only key to victory IMO.
True, but then again, Oscar up until that camp was being trained by the mans own father. Not that I'm trying to invalidate your point, cause it makes sense, but it's a factor that can't be ignored.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:48 AM   #138
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dominican Republic
Posts: 24,111
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Mayweather beats Sergio Martinez

even though floyd has slowed down a bit, this match up intrigues me. serg got put on his arse and almost ko by jr. floyd can hit this man and win. serg may have his moments maybe where it could turn to castillo and serg would pound on him. but, i just think floyds incredible defense would be too much at the end. and yet serg has been hit by lesser fighters than floyd.
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:50 AM   #139
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SBA
Posts: 20,130
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why Mayweather beats Sergio Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_money View Post
You make a lot of good points but floyd knows what the greats of the past knew.....that you have to come forward against a southpaw. Because when you get close to a southpaw he stops being a southpaw.
Leon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:29 AM   #140
str1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,388
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Mayweather beats Sergio Martinez

Good analysis OP! And like always, Floyd never loses a fantasy match up!

The thing is that Floyd can beat Pac and Martinez on fantasy matchups but won't do it where it actually counts.
str1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #141
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,517
vCash: 346
Default Re: Why Mayweather beats Sergio Martinez

Good replies fellows. I enjoyed reading them and taking them into account
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #142
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,897
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why Mayweather beats Sergio Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J. View Post
This is all just a pipedream . If you really believe Mayweather will ever fight Martinez I've got some beach front property in Oklahoma to sell
co-sign.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #143
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,517
vCash: 346
Default Re: Why Mayweather beats Sergio Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
co-sign.
You have anything intelligent to contribute
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #144
SHADOW BOX
SHADOW BOX
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,733
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Mayweather beats Sergio Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
posters like you are what's wrong with the general forum. Even in a thread about actual boxing and tactical strategy and breaking down stuff, you want to talk about bull shit.

what are yu talking about? How about you actually post a counter argument. The only one I saw so far (I'm still catching up on the thread), is Bogo and I gave him credit and said all the things he mentioned will trouble Floyd and come into play.

I mentioned and acknowledged things already that will trouble Floyd and will work for Sergio. It doesn't mean I think it'll be easy for either fighter, but I believe Floyd will win.

If what I'm saying it too advanced for you, then maybe you should read up some more and shut your mouth
I have tried to make neutral boxing arguments on other threads many times but the flomos always come back with shitty ass counters. Bottom line is a Flomo will not acknowledge a good post against Floyd. I really like Floyd as a boxer but I like the sport more and will speak on that. I thought you were smart but I guess you either havent noticed the retarded flomo posts or are too dumb to figure it out.
SHADOW BOX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #145
Thatman
No respond troll pactards
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,872
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why Mayweather beats Sergio Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOW BOX View Post
I have tried to make neutral boxing arguments on other threads many times but the flomos always come back with shitty ass counters. Bottom line is a Flomo will not acknowledge a good post against Floyd. I really like Floyd as a boxer but I like the sport more and will speak on that. I thought you were smart but I guess you either havent noticed the retarded flomo posts or are too dumb to figure it out.
It is your opinion that they are "shitty ass counters."

IMO, your posts are horrible. You always resort back to "Ego this ego that" and while stating it's on both fighters, you only diss Floyd for the most part.

The numbers I post for example, is not a "shitty" response but you choose to take it that way and you always rebuttal with "45/45/10 to winner." Then you downplay fights that counter that 45/45/10 shit, with "well it's ego's."

Like it or not the joke is on you. YOUR the one with the shitty responses from what I've seen on this forum.
Thatman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #146
Thatman
No respond troll pactards
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,872
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why Mayweather beats Sergio Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
You have anything intelligent to contribute
He is ****ing "useless." He never posts anything that is worth anything. He talks about Floyd more than anyone on this forum.
Thatman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #147
bobotnaman
★★★★☆
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,779
vCash: 117
Default Re: Why Mayweather beats Sergio Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
He is ****ing "useless." He never posts anything that is worth anything. He talks about Floyd more than anyone on this forum.
James, you talk about Pac more than anyone on this forum. you even have pactard on your user title.
bobotnaman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #148
SHADOW BOX
SHADOW BOX
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,733
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Mayweather beats Sergio Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
It is your opinion that they are "shitty ass counters."

IMO, your posts are horrible. You always resort back to "Ego this ego that" and while stating it's on both fighters, you only diss Floyd for the most part.

The numbers I post for example, is not a "shitty" response but you choose to take it that way and you always rebuttal with "45/45/10 to winner." Then you downplay fights that counter that 45/45/10 shit, with "well it's ego's."

Like it or not the joke is on you. YOUR the one with the shitty responses from what I've seen on this forum.
You proved my point exactly. The response wasnt even to you yet you responded. Why? because you are a Flomo. And when have I dissed Floyd? You take it like that because you are a flomo. I have never dissed Floyd in any way. I say things like, the fight (May and Pac) has not been made because of their egos and because all parties are at fault (on other threads that you speak of). How is that dissing Floyd?

If you think that egos have nothing to do with what you speak of (the other threads), then you are a retarded Flomo.
SHADOW BOX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #149
Thatman
No respond troll pactards
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,872
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why Mayweather beats Sergio Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOW BOX View Post
You proved my point exactly. The response wasnt even to you yet you responded. Why? because you are a Flomo. And when have I dissed Floyd? You take it like that because you are a flomo. I have never dissed Floyd in any way. I say things like, the fight (May and Pac) has not been made because of their egos and because all parties are at fault (on other threads that you speak of). How is that dissing Floyd?

If you think that egos have nothing to do with what you speak of (the other threads), then you are a retarded Flomo.
Didn't prove anything. You posted a statement and I responded with what I thought. Posters on this forum do it all the time and none more so than pactards.

You always diss Floyd man. You don't even realize you do. That's why many of your posts are now in that "whine about mayweather" thread. You just don't post good shit, or you troll on pactard threads and they throw you up in that new one they got because your posts are so bad. Of course there ego's come into play. But Floyd has set his ego aside more than Manny has set his ego aside.

Manny didn't even try to negotiate after the first negotiations. Just ran to Clottey, where as Floyd went to 14 days and met in the middle.
Thatman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #150
SHADOW BOX
SHADOW BOX
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,733
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Mayweather beats Sergio Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
Didn't prove anything. You posted a statement and I responded with what I thought. Posters on this forum do it all the time and none more so than pactards.

You always diss Floyd man. You don't even realize you do. That's why many of your posts are now in that "whine about mayweather" thread. You just don't post good shit, or you troll on pactard threads and they throw you up in that new one they got because your posts are so bad. Of course there ego's come into play. But Floyd has set his ego aside more than Manny has set his ego aside.

Manny didn't even try to negotiate after the first negotiations. Just ran to Clottey, where as Floyd went to 14 days and met in the middle.
You talk as if you were there for the negotiations. There are many things that the media and us dont know. We will never know what really happended in the negotiations. But you talk like you were there and know the details. And prove one time that I trolled a Pac thread. I defend boxing. You in the other hand defend Floyd to the teeth and all your posts are biased. In your terms, in order for my posts not to be shit, I have to be a Flomo and post flomo shit.
SHADOW BOX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013