Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Will Floyd agree to a fight with Pacman now that he has agreed to his demands?
YES 15 25.00%
NO 45 75.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #16
MetalLicker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Will Floyd agree to a fight with Pacman now that he has agreed to his demands?

Health preservation.
MetalLicker is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2012, 12:03 AM   #17
hofbrau
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Will Floyd agree to a fight with Pacman now that he has agreed to his demands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IppoMakunouchi View Post
^Dude I see you in every thread defending Floyd... stop trying so hard to defend your man crush hahaha
hofbrau is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 12:36 AM   #18
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

he already fielded his excuses. not focused on fighting and lost 15 pounds of muscles BS. floyd is the king of excuses!
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 01:38 AM   #19
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

Manny has accepted the 40 mil no PPV?
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 02:13 AM   #20
prelude
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceN View Post
Manny has accepted the 40 mil no PPV?
40 mil is now off the table and Floyd will only offer 30 mil flat. PAC will also have to do OSDT the following 4 weeks after the fight.
prelude is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 02:50 AM   #21
Barrera
Cotto Crabwalk Enthusiast
ESB Addict

he most likely will.. because he has no other options unless he retires.. which lets be honest his getting old and he just got out of prison, he is more then entitled to do

that being said he hasent even hinted at fighting again so i think people are getting a little ahead of themselves .. mayweather has lots of time to reply considering pacquiao is fighting dec 8 against JMM
Barrera is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 02:56 AM   #22
Barrera
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
Back in the 1980s. Hearns and Leonard fought in 1981.. Leonard won a tough fight when Tommy was great, but still a little green by not holding etc. Ray retired and Tommy kept on fighting guys like Benitez,Duran and Hagler. Ray never wanted to fight Tommy when Tommy was prime, like in 1984 because Ray knew he would lose. Ray then decided to fight Hearns after Hearns lost to Barkley in 1988 and struggled with Kinchen that same year. Mayweather like Leonard did not fight Manny in 2009, but will probably fight Manny in 2013 if Manny struggles with Marquez. it is the same thing as Leonard against Hearns. If Mayweather sees Manny as beatable he will fight him.
but mayweather is not the one who walked away from negotiations? i know plenty of people blame him for the fight not happening and at the moment its correct he is. that being said back when the first round of negotiations began manny was the one to walk away from it because of the drug testing issue, PERSONALLY i dont find nothing wrong with his request and manny could have used it to his advantaged and said something to the tune of "if u want testing thats fine but i pick the gloves." or ring size.. or something else ... he might have gotten more cash using it as a bargaining chip, but instead he just walked away

also its 100% clear back in nov,dec,jan and feb of last year manny and floyd both wanted eachother but bob arum put a million and one roadblocks in place.

i truely believe unless floyd retires (which id say there is a good 30 percent chance he will) right now, he will take on pacquiao next .. though i dont favour pac to beat JMM so its going to diminish the fight a touch ( prob still break records)
Barrera is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 02:59 AM   #23
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict

vCash: 314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcity View Post
At this point why should we want this match up? It's clear that Manny Pacquiao is not the boxer he was back in 2009. If he ever was at all. There are tougher fights for Floyd Mayweather at this time.
If Pacquiao is really serious he's only serious due to the fact it's a chance for him to make one last huge payday. I'm sure however if Mayweather were to call Pacquiao's bluff. We'd learn that he never was serious about a match up.
Please. Boxing fans are fickle as ****. If Pacquiao looks spectacular against JMM in December, demand for the fight will be just as high as it was in '09-'10.
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 03:06 AM   #24
Cormega
Quadruple OG
ESB Addict

vCash: 1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
he most likely will.. because he has no other options unless he retires..
Bullshit.

He can fight Sergio at 154, and that's the fight I'd most like to see him take (and I know for damn sure I'm not alone here... especially now that Pacquiao has looked like shit in his last two fights). He could also take on any number of easier fights ie. Canelo and make $30+ million doing so. Damn near everybody wants that big payday, so he has more options than virtually anybody.
Cormega is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 03:15 AM   #25
Barrera
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormega View Post
Bullshit.

He can fight Sergio at 154, and that's the fight I'd most like to see him take (and I know for damn sure I'm not alone here... especially now that Pacquiao has looked like shit in his last two fights). He could also take on any number of easier fights ie. Canelo and make $30+ million doing so. Damn near everybody wants that big payday, so he has more options than virtually anybody.
i think you miss understood what i ment

yes floyd has plenty of options but he hasent mentioned boxing since getting out of jail, couple that with pacquiao making more noise then ever going on tv interviews making it INCREDIBLY clear he wants floyd, whatever it takes , money , testing its not an issue

theres no way floyd can just pop up now and say "hey guys ima... fight... someone else..."

realistically he could wait till the fight with marquez is over and if marquez wins he could say "why would i want pacquiao he just lost!" but that leaves him in an even more dangerous position looking at fights with martinez who has been chomping at his heels for a while now and alvarez
Barrera is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 03:24 AM   #26
Cormega
Quadruple OG
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
i think you miss understood what i ment

yes floyd has plenty of options but he hasent mentioned boxing since getting out of jail, couple that with pacquiao making more noise then ever going on tv interviews making it INCREDIBLY clear he wants floyd, whatever it takes , money , testing its not an issue

theres no way floyd can just pop up now and say "hey guys ima... fight... someone else..."

realistically he could wait till the fight with marquez is over and if marquez wins he could say "why would i want pacquiao he just lost!" but that leaves him in an even more dangerous position looking at fights with martinez who has been chomping at his heels for a while now and alvarez
He's done it before and so has Pacquiao. These are not people who embarrass easily, and as long as people keep paying to see their fights despite all their bullshit, what reason do they have to change anything?
Cormega is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 03:28 AM   #27
seansanashee
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Manny says he will take 45% yet he is scheduled to fight Marquez next. At the moment there is no fight for Floyd to agree to with Pac.
seansanashee is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 03:34 AM   #28
boyschoir
Contender
ESB Senior Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9V1wkNKxGs[/ame]

yes! guy in the video wants to fight Pac

look at him! he looks like at caged lion who would want to eat his next victim

he'll massacre Pacquiao, like what he did to Baldomir
boyschoir is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 03:37 AM   #29
Cormega
Quadruple OG
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by seansanashee View Post
Manny says he will take 45% yet he is scheduled to fight Marquez next. At the moment there is no fight for Floyd to agree to with Pac.
If he's agreed to 45% then he hasn't agreed to shit. Floyd offered him $40 million flat, not 45%.
Cormega is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 03:40 AM   #30
Jabber

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
LOL 45%...What makes you think Manny is worth 45%? The numbers support Manny being worth 40%.

Why would Floyd give up his economic value while giving Pac more than his economic value?

The real question is, "Will Manny finally fight Floyd when he is shown (by the numbers), that he is not worth 45%?

Let's not forget that Manny priced himself out with the 50/50 the last time around.

Pactards like to think that the 45% makes Manny "in the right." They don't get that the numbers support Manny getting less than this.
so basically you're an idiot who don't want to see the fight

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum