Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #46
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Austin "no doubt" trout

Cotto will wipe the floor with Trout who i agree is overhyped...........but Trout was still too intimidating for mandy to step up & made him run once again..........actions speak louder than words.
roscoe is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #47
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggzy View Post
hahahahahaha its the truth bruz if you dont believe it then fine i know the truth and thats all that matters
What the **** is a bruz
Old 10-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #48
briggzy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

a bruz means a brother its me showing you a lil respect even tho your a hater
briggzy is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #49
briggzy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe View Post
Cotto will wipe the floor with Trout who i agree is overhyped...........but Trout was still too intimidating for mandy to step up & made him run once again..........actions speak louder than words.
ROSCOE DASH put yourself in chocs shoes ok look trout is the champ nah wait intrim champ on the contract its stated if anthony was to win cohan promotions wonted the rights to anthonys next three fights now what the **** is that why would a world champ wont to do this to anthony (this tells me trouts team weren't that confident in there boy) would you take the fight? have in mind trout was only a intrim champ at the time it was ****ed
briggzy is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #50
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Quote:
ROSCOE DASH put yourself in chocs shoes ok look trout is the champ nah wait intrim champ on the contract its stated if anthony was to win cohan promotions wonted the rights to anthonys next three fights now what the **** is that why would a world champ wont to do this to anthony (this tells me trouts team weren't that confident in there boy) would you take the fight? have in mind trout was only a intrim champ at the time it was ****ed
fact is, it went to Mandatory purse bid and Mundines camp didnt even show up. Mandatory purse bid would have ensured there was no future fight contract. Straight up Mundine didnt want to fight Trout and blew one of his best oppertunities in doing so, thats IF he really did want to fight Cotto.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #51
briggzy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

no one from team trout was there to after first talks broke down it was pretty much dead fish
briggzy is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #52
briggzy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

the contract was ****ed
briggzy is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #53
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
no one from team trout was there to after first talks broke down it was pretty much dead fish
well then Mundine could have got trout to defend his title in AUS for $5. In the end the purse bids are there to ensure everyone gets a fair deal, clearly Mundine didnt want one so he never showed up. You have to get a bit pissy with the guy after he went on and on and on about Trout for months only to walk away with his tail tucked between his legs. He has the backing and the money, all he had to do was show up at the purse bid but this was to hard for him? he would rather fight Go Cart instead

end of the day his decision not to go through with the Trout fight has fcked him big time. Thats IF he really did want to fight Cotto, otherwise he is right where he wants to be.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #54
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

mundine just using the the "talks" as promotion which has been his career ...kudos to him he does it better than any1 in oz...its obvious mundine will go into promotions once he retires
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #55
briggzy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
well then Mundine could have got trout to defend his title in AUS for $5. In the end the purse bids are there to ensure everyone gets a fair deal, clearly Mundine didnt want one so he never showed up. You have to get a bit pissy with the guy after he went on and on and on about Trout for months only to walk away with his tail tucked between his legs. He has the backing and the money, all he had to do was show up at the purse bid but this was to hard for him? he would rather fight Go Cart instead

end of the day his decision not to go through with the Trout fight has fcked him big time. Thats IF he really did want to fight Cotto, otherwise he is right where he wants to be.
the contract was shit the first time so we didnt wanna pursue him any longer at the time he was a small fish only now his gottin big cause his fighting cotto i know how it must look to the outside world that choc ran but he didnt i wish dealings was made to the public cause you's will see how shady some managers are
briggzy is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #56
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post

THIS
All boxa promotions had to do is attend the purse bid the minimum amount permitted for a world title (not sure of amount off top of my head) champ gets 75% challenger 25% winner would have got cotto because cotto wants title for his extra bargaining tool when he sits down with Canelo.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #57
briggzy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
THIS
All boxa promotions had to do is attend the purse bid the minimum amount permitted for a world title (not sure of amount off top of my head) champ gets 75% challenger 25% winner would have got cotto because cotto wants title for his extra bargaining tool when he sits down with Canelo.
bro we couldnt see into the future cotto was still the real champ at the time of talks
briggzy is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 11:56 PM   #58
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
bro we couldnt see into the future cotto was still the real champ at the time of talks
My point is these are the type of guys you have to beat to get those bigger fights.
In my humble opinion choc has missed the boat. After he beat green the next fight he knocked out Soliman. That's when he should of went to the states his confidence was high and he was in his prime. Probably could of got in the super 6. Good fighter but a wasted talent who unfortunately missed the boat in my humble opinion.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 01:03 AM   #59
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
This shows how little you know about boxing or how deluded you really are. Trout was and still is the regular champ but you act as if it's worth nothing to "the man" as cotto is the real champ. Then you go on to call choc a 3 time champ in other threads when he won that exact same title twice at super middleweight

Then you hide behind the line, "your a hater"

Your a dumb cunt, that's clear as day
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 02:07 AM   #60
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
the contract was shit the first time so we didnt wanna pursue him any longer at the time he was a small fish only now his gottin big cause his fighting cotto i know how it must look to the outside world that choc ran but he didnt i wish dealings was made to the public cause you's will see how shady some managers are
I agree the first contract was sht. Isnt that why Mundine said that it didnt bother him as it was going to purse bid (No future fight options). Then he claimed Trout wasnt a big enough name, only to go on and fight Go Cart, yet Trout had a legit title, one Mundine could have used as a bargin chip to get a fight on with Cotto. As Crusher has pointed out, all Team Mundine had to do was bid the min and they would have won the purse bid.

Lets be honest, Mundine realised the risk in fighting Trout and decided it wasnt worth it anymore, even with no future fight options. He ranted and raved about Trout being a no name which is now found to be wrong, if he was a no name, Cotto wouldnt be fighting the guy. Mundine could have been in the position Trout now sees himself in but Mundine cut his nose off to spite his face and is now left fighting C grade opponents, all the meanwhile still shouting out Mayweathers name, barely mentions Cotto these days as people will be quick to point out that he blew his shot when he decided he wasnt going to fight Trout.
TCboxa is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum