boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-02-2012, 03:25 PM   #31
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Audley is at his best he will KO Price!

TBH if Audley was a white heavyweight then the media probably would have sussed he was **** a long time before they did.
GazOC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #32
Hands of Paper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 445

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special View Post
No question about it in my mind if both boxers perform to their full potential then there is only one result a big Audley KO.

Harrison is a career full of dissapointment and setbacks, but you get a sense that he has put that behind him and is genuinely enjoying his boxing again which is only bad news for Price. The Audley of the amateur days is twice the boxer that Price is and if he translates that into the pro game then he would be destined for big things.

Going on power you have to say that they both have very solid power, however Price has only showed that against very limited opposition so there is no clue whether or not he has the power to finish off anyone above this level. Audley has proved over time that he has power to finish most guys and if he lands that big left onto Price's chin there is only one way that Price is going and that is to the floor. Everyone knows that Price's chin is dodgy as was proved numerous times in the amateur and that is why he hasn't been matched against any tall guys so far in his career but that will be changing now.

I also think Price and his team are overlooking Audley somewhat, they are already talking about going for another shot at Fury and the future for Price which is very dangerous when there is a hungry fighter infront of you. If Price has taken this lightly or has cut corners then he is in for a very bad shock when him and Audley are in the ring. A hungry fighter is a dangerous fighter and you just get the feeling with Price that he is starting to belief the mad hype around him which we have seen time and time again only leads to a downfall. It wont be the end for Price when he looses but it will be a big reality check and will improve him as a fighter in the future.

Price has never been past seven rounds which could be a huge factor in this fight. Price hasn't ever had to use his tank to get him through a fight or had to cope with someone applying pressure to him in a fight. The later the fight goes the more likely it is that Audley will win as he has been that distance before and tasted what it is like in those final rounds.

All in all I think this will be a big learning experience for Price and Audley is going to show what he has always had the potential to do, Audley has great power and I believe the hunger is back inside of him for the victory this time. It is going to be a big night for Audley and a bad night for Price and one he will have to come back from.

Audley KO9! Truth

I don't see it mate? This is the same old **** people spout before every Audley fight. Does he ever deliver? No. Aside from the odd occasion and this is not going to be it. Not against price.

He's finished and when price starts letting go, he'll freeze like he always does.

It really is the end for Audley. A crying shame too because I for one like the guy. He brought some great charisma to British Heavyweight boxing despite all his flaws.
Hands of Paper is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #33
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

If Audley fights to form he''ll be reluctant to commit to get past Prices jab and get KO'd while he's waiting on the outside.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #34
knighty
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Mr special , how has audley fought in better company? IMO mcdermett and ***ton better than most of , if not all of audleys wins. His best win is against a out of shape danny williams.( ahem he lost to the irish taxi driver who ***ton smashed TWICE.) No offence dude but u are seriously deluded. Im not contending that he MAY of been a better amateur , but he's 40 FFS. If he wins u can shag my mrs ( thats her on the left).
knighty is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #35
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Audley Harrison's performances have been taken way out of context as a professional. If he was called John Simon and was a white heavyweight with his record, both amateur and pro..? honestly i bet you the media would not of stigmatised and stereotyped almost all of his performances as poor. Apart from Audley Harrison's performances vs David Haye, Harrison's career performances and ability is nowhere near as dramatically poor as the media! and Social mugs on this boxing forum make out!
Oh, what a surprise, the race card. You are an idiot, PK. Audley gets plenty of credit for his amateur career, but he deserves none for his pointless pro career.

He faced his first genuine test in Danny Williams and spoiled his way to a points loss, then dropped a points decision to his next fringe world level opponent in Dominic Guinn. Admittedly he came back and decimated a late-notice Williams to even the score, but then he got wrecked by rank journeyman Sprott.

He tacked together a couple of domestic wins together, then lost to a ****ing cab driver! Rogan was so average it was unbelievable. Then he somehow managed to beat Sprott in a rematch he had lost nearly every round in.

Then came the Haye fight, his first genuine world level test and he flopped. He threw ONE punch. ONE!

That summed the guy up as a fighter.

Quote:
Allot of people are mugs, and are easily influence by the media.
And a lot of people are idiots and can't use their eyes. Like you.

Quote:
But if Audley Harrison has ticked all his boxes, is in immense physical condition, and his beleif is stronger than his doubt..? Price vs Harrison is a live fight!
So if Audley turns up in a condition he has never, ever been in he'll win.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #36
Special
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Paper View Post
I don't see it mate? This is the same old **** people spout before every Audley fight. Does he ever deliver? No. Aside from the odd occasion and this is not going to be it. Not against price.

He's finished and when price starts letting go, he'll freeze like he always does.

It really is the end for Audley. A crying shame too because I for one like the guy. He brought some great charisma to British Heavyweight boxing despite all his flaws.
Too much is read into the Haye fight, Audley hasn't froze in every fight just a few. I just don't see if Audley is fully prepared that he is going to freeze against Price what has Price got to make him freeze.
Special is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #37
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Too much is read into the Haye fight, Audley hasn't froze in every fight just a few. I just don't see if Audley is fully prepared that he is going to freeze against Price what has Price got to make him freeze.
His first genuine world level opponent and he didn't just freeze, he was terrified. He has never ever shown the sort of toughness and confidence required against a top level opponent.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #38
Special
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
His first genuine world level opponent and he didn't just freeze, he was terrified. He has never ever shown the sort of toughness and confidence required against a top level opponent.
Is Price a world level opponent though?
Special is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #39
Special
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
Mr special , how has audley fought in better company? IMO mcdermett and ***ton better than most of , if not all of audleys wins. His best win is against a out of shape danny williams.( ahem he lost to the irish taxi driver who ***ton smashed TWICE.) No offence dude but u are seriously deluded. Im not contending that he MAY of been a better amateur , but he's 40 FFS. If he wins u can shag my mrs ( thats her on the left).
McDermott and ***ton are very average fighters, Sprott, Williams, Bonin, Hersisia
Special is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #40
Johnny Coyle
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

How long have we been waiting for Audleys best!! its never gonna happen, it dont exist
Johnny Coyle is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #41
unorthodox
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuinty View Post
Price has a suspect chin. All you need is someone that is actually the same size as him and has a big reach. Fury dropped him in the amateurs.
no he didnt.
unorthodox is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #42
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Is Price a world level opponent though?
Not important, he bottled it against domestic level Martin Rogan. An old, non-punching taxi driver basically pressured the fight out of Harrison.

He's shown weakness whenever facing diversity. He just doesn't like to fight - it's an inherent flaw in a fighter.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #43
nick_1204
Lil Floyd
ESB Full Member

Audley has power, no doubt, but the way he boxers doesnt allow him to use it. He is too scared as a fighter to land the shot. He will be very tense in there because he know that Price can KO him.

However Price will start cage also in this ine for the same reason. But he will find his range and lift the tempo fairly quickly.

Price KO (not TKO but KO) in the 3rd!!!

hats what i think anyway but cant wait to see this one.
nick_1204 is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #44
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Not important, he bottled it against domestic level Martin Rogan. An old, non-punching taxi driver basically pressured the fight out of Harrison.

He's shown weakness whenever facing diversity. He just doesn't like to fight - it's an inherent flaw in a fighter.
What aload of complete and utter nonsense. You don't become Olympic Champion, Commonwealth Champion, European Champion not wanting to fight. What a complete and utter ignorant generalisation. Audley Harrison showed immense courage with a career threatening injury to stay in the fight and knock-out Michael Sprott.

I can tell you one though, you are a complete and utter ****bag.

And you know what i am talking about, you ****ing ****house.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #45
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
What aload of complete and utter nonsense. You don't become Olympic Champion, Commonwealth Champion, European Champion not wanting to fight. What a complete and utter ignorant generalisation. Audley Harrison showed immense courage with a career threatening injury to stay in the fight and knock-out Michael Sprott.

I can tell you one though, you are a complete and utter ****bag.

And you know what i am talking about, you ****ing ****house.
PK, no one knows what you're talking about, because you don't know what you're talking about.
dftaylor is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum