boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
Mr Packer

vCash: 500
Default Geale ducked a no1 challenger in Sam Soliman

Geale dogged a no1 challenger in Sam Soliman. This fight should take place before Dec 12. this has not been hounered. Geale should take this fight, then if he wins he can fight Mundine. Soliman earned that shot just as much as Geale did his, look who he fought. If Geale and his teams think the fight would not sell then i think that problem is them not Soliman. If Geale got off his ass and promoted the show of boxing then the fight would sell well in Melbourne.
Mr Packer is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
AussieMauler
Relative Unknown
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Geale ducked a no1 challenger in Sam Soliman

If Sam Solimon had fought 42 consecutive qualifiers or eliminators and Geale chose someone else I wouldnt have an issue.

Sam Solimon has never been world class and creatively managing your fights to line you for title is one thing. Having anyone see value in fighting you is another matter
AussieMauler is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

soliman only beat lorenzo who is "just" ranked in the top 50 - but hasnt beaten any1 to deserve his shot at geale yet , he is on a 7 fight streak which includes - lorenzo, wood, albert, singh, mcmahon, piper, Kietbusaba apart from albert and lorenzo soliman has cans and albert and lorenzo are cans.......geale can make him wait !! soliman aint earnd nothing
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
Mr Packer

Geale beat no one better to earn a shot at the title in the first place. Soliman fought and beat a guy that Geale defended against. Soliman has ticked all the boxes and deserves his shot. Do you guys really believe what you say about Soliman? There is no reason for Geale to get a free ride past a no1 contender who earnt the right, epecially given Geale fails to sell the sport of boxing.
Mr Packer is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #5
jai

Which fight do you all think is a bigger sell, and in what ways do you think a mandatory is compensated to step aside?
jai is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr ****** View Post
Geale dogged a no1 challenger in Sam Soliman. This fight should take place before Dec 12. this has not been hounered. Geale should take this fight, then if he wins he can fight Mundine. Soliman earned that shot just as much as Geale did his, look who he fought. If Geale and his teams think the fight would not sell then i think that problem is them not Soliman. If Geale got off his ass and promoted the show of boxing then the fight would sell well in Melbourne.
***** (can I call you *****?) I think your loyalty to Sam is admirable but I don't think Sam deserves a title shot.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #7
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
You represent about 1% of all Oz boxing fans who feel this way (yes I have done a census). You have already posted a thread whingeing about this. Please don't post any more about exactly the same thing. You'll get the same unsympathetic response.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
Rooboys
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Geale beat no one better to earn a shot at the title in the first place. Soliman fought and beat a guy that Geale defended against. Soliman has ticked all the boxes and deserves his shot. Do you guys really believe what you say about Soliman? There is no reason for Geale to get a free ride past a no1 contender who earnt the right, epecially given Geale fails to sell the sport of boxing.
What karmazin, ring magazine no:8 at the time was no better then those bums?
Rooboys is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #9
TheManBearPig
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr ******
you are clearly a ****ing moron. who did soliman beat to earn his shot you stupid turd? lorenzo? LOL. woods? LOL. Geale beat a former world champion and ring ranked no.8 you ****wit. anyone with some boxing knowledge doesn't want to see this fight because soliman is a never was who fights like a gorilla on acid. do some research before making yourself look like an ass.
TheManBearPig is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #10
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Hello Gav how are you today? New username I see. Soliman doesn't sell his fight with Lorenzo wasn't even on FOX. Geale only averages 3000 PPV a fight with Soliman would be half that. No amount of publicity,interviews on WWOS ,tucking in of T-shirts changes that which is why the IBF have allowed the fight with Mundine. I personally would rather Geale not give Mundine a shot and fight Soliman then Macklin,Murray and maybe GG late next year or early 2014 and get his WBA belt back. But money talks.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #11
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Sit the **** down and behave son
Straight Shoota is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #12
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Over some point in his career,he should of gotten/get a shot at the IBF title because of how long his been ranked in their top 10 (5-7 yrs)..But atm he dont deserve ****tt
Straight Shoota is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #13
AustraHungarian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
With all due respect, who gives a ****. Sam seems like a great guy but he is ****ing boring to watch with a style as ugly as 20a87's boyfriend. Geale v Mundine 2 is one of the biggest fights in Aussie boxing history whilst Geakle v Soliman is a major, major turd. No brainer buddy!
AustraHungarian is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #14
frankd01
Journeyman

Geale vs Sam = a very ugly boring fight. Sam is a nice guy but awful to watch.
frankd01 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #15
Brawler
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiserh View Post
You represent about 1% of all Oz boxing fans who feel this way (yes I have done a census). You have already posted a thread whingeing about this. Please don't post any more about exactly the same thing. You'll get the same unsympathetic response.
Hahaha
Brawler is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum