Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-03-2012, 06:59 AM   #1
Geronimo

vCash: 500
Default Why do so many people give Amir Khan a hard time?

He can never seem to do anything right in a minority of people's eyes. I understand he is very confident and this may come off as ****y, but would people prefer he had no self confidence at all? He lost his last fight and what does he do? He gets back up and carries on with his life.

A lot of people would have been embarrassed to be seen for a while, or even appear on T.V, yet he appeared on BBC for the Olympics, he's set up a promotional business, and he has appeared on numerous t.v. shows.

Anyway, that's not the real point of this. The real point is, why do so many people give the guy a hard time? And why are people so happy to put him down and laugh at his downfalls?

Anyone?
Geronimo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #2
outthebox
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do so many people give Amir Khan a hard time?

I can't really put my finger on it.

I think it's just the arrogance and bullshit he comes out with. I don't mind arrogance when you are great, but he's not good enough.

I'm sure he'll win another world title though and start calling out Mayweather etc as he does.
outthebox is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
pathmanc1986
Belt holder
ESB Addict

If hes not talking about his career, his team, any matter related to boxing, hes fine.
pathmanc1986 is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

The hate gets silly but he doesn't help himself with his silly talk and actions. If you put yourself up then you become a easy target. It's better to be humble, quiet and get head down. He's not learned that fully. He won some fans with his behaviour post Prescott IMO but the world title may of come to early into his development with Roach. It may of took him off track..

He's always going to be ridiculed now so may as well get on with it and prove haters wrong inside the ring. In light of all his stupid talk, his losses and his foolish team and his lack of great skill he's still a very handy fighter.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

I don't hate him, he's a bit of a **** but so are a lot of boxers.

But you know, it's the internet, people talk a lot of shit, and you have gangs like "the chincheckers" running around, high profile guys that have a bad chin are easy targets for piss-taking
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 07:42 AM   #6
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Some people dislike him for the way he fights, some can't stand the nonsense that comes out of his mouth & some people hate him for other reasons.

The most popular & successful boxers have a lot of haters, even Frank Bruno wasnt universally loved by all.

If you get upset at your favourite fighter being criticised then ESB isnt the place for you, everyone gets ripped
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 07:45 AM   #7
CamelCase
Teak Tough
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 465

The bad taste started when he moved to Sky PPV when he wasn't even a champion, pretty glad he got KO'ed.

For me its the constant bullshit and the way he puts down other fighters. Crying like a bitch when Peterson handled him, blaming Freddie Roach when he got KO'ed. Then comparing his defences to Pacquiao's, Pacquiao didn't end his last fight on his back like Khan.

He kept claiming to be a P4P contender when he wasn't. Oh and on the radio he badmouthed Tyson, tried to make out he was still a maniac.
CamelCase is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #8
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

After being KTFO in his most recent fight, Khan said that "we [he and Manny Pacquiao!!] are the best offensive fighters in the world but we have trouble with defence." I'm paraphrasing but you get the gist. So after getting smashed about the ring by a top, but not outstanding talent, he's still comparing himself directly with perhaps the greatest fighter of his generation.

He ran a guy over. He got the silver spoon. He is on telly loads but comes across as really thick. There is very little to like apart from his boxing ability and several losses brings that under question. Khan just isn't very likable - he's not a likable fighter. He's not a showman like Eubank or an everyman like Benn and Hatton or a character like Bruno or absolutely exceptional like Lewis or Calzaghe. He's just not very likable. There's nothing really to like. Hence, a lot of people don't really like him.

That some hate him can hardly be a surprise in a world where people hate fighters like Shane Mosley and Andre Ward.
McGrain is online now  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #9
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534

Because he is a cunt basically and so are his team. He doesnt engage his brain before he speaks.

He has balls, nobody can take that away from him. I cant speak for everyone but i honestly feel people in general would like to cheer him.... He doesnt make it easy though.

Lets not forget, that Amir was more or less universally loved after the Olympics and when he turned pro.

There is only one person to blame for that hate Khan gets, and thats Khan himself.
macho_grande is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #10
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelCase View Post
Crying like a bitch when Peterson handled him, blaming Freddie Roach when he got KO'ed.
Then: Khan gets patsied into a title shot and fed a legend, an absolute legend of the sport who is allowed to continue with his injury just long enough so that Khan could pick up the TD...meanwhile Prescott is "rewarded" with a series of really weird fights including against a guy who actually bit him. The loser is protected and nursed, the winner is marginalised, never given a rematch. There is a lot of stuff that just stinks about Khan's career.

He brought me back a bit after the Maidana showdown but it's hard to give a **** again now.
McGrain is online now  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #11
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelCase View Post
The bad taste started when he moved to Sky PPV when he wasn't even a champion, pretty glad he got KO'ed.

For me its the constant bullshit and the way he puts down other fighters. Crying like a bitch when Peterson handled him, blaming Freddie Roach when he got KO'ed. Then comparing his defences to Pacquiao's, Pacquiao didn't end his last fight on his back like Khan.

He kept claiming to be a P4P contender when he wasn't. Oh and on the radio he badmouthed Tyson, tried to make out he was still a maniac.

And thats forgetting all of the absolute garbage that came out of his mouth at the start of his career, even midway through his career he annoyed gentleman Jon Thaxton by saying Thaxton was afraid of him.

it can get a little over the top at times and he has given plenty of exciting fights, but jesus the boy dont help himself, never had.
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #12
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3166

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
Then: Khan gets patsied into a title shot and fed a legend, an absolute legend of the sport who is allowed to continue with his injury just long enough so that Khan could pick up the TD...meanwhile Prescott is "rewarded" with a series of really weird fights including against a guy who actually bit him. The loser is protected and nursed, the winner is marginalised, never given a rematch. There is a lot of stuff that just stinks about Khan's career.

He brought me back a bit after the Maidana showdown but it's hard to give a **** again now.
its like you read my mind
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #13
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534

Quote:

That Barerra fight is one of the saddest things ive witnessed in boxing.

Everytime I think of that fight it upsets me.

MAB is an absolute warrior & a legend. He didn’t deserve to be treated like that. I don’t think I will ever forgive Frank/Khan for the roles they played in it..

I know worse has happend in boxing, but that for me was outrageous.
macho_grande is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #14
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3166

Quote:
Originally Posted by macho_grande View Post
That Barerra fight is one of the saddest things ive witnessed in boxing.

Everytime I think of that fight it upsets me.

MAB is an absolute warrior & a legend. He didnít deserve to be treated like that. I donít think I will ever forgive Frank/Khan for the roles they played in it..

I know worse has happend in the boxing, but that for me was outrageous.
all to massage a spolit little cunts ego
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #15
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:

Yeah that Barrera disgrace had me absolutely fuming, didn't help that some of his fans reactions afterwards were acting as if Khan had just ,and I quote, "outclassed" prime Barrera, and he was the best fighter in the entire world again.

his fans really got on my nerves during the early years of his career.

after all that though, I actually became a bit of a Khan defender once he started fighting the legit guys.
BlackBrenny is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum