Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #76
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Khan & Kell Brook on Ringside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Who are you mate..? Do you box then, have you had afew amateur fights...?

Do you think you are a better boxer than Amir Khan..? Pipe down you no mark.

You are making out that Amir Khan cannot box at all, THAT! is the biggest misconception in the entire sport of boxing at the moment.

Amir Khan was stopped on his feet in his last fight, because he was caught with a good shot that he didn't see, and he made the situation worse for himself by deciding to trade punches....It happens! You have made no great technical discovery.

And Amir Khan can box, i have seen him slip punches! I have seen him moving off on angles! What the **** are you on about.

Don't even ****ing reply to me.
sounds like you've been on the pipe
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #77
JamieC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Its actually a more complex subject than this

Khan has some solid solid wins under his belt "at world level", but ................ and we all know what but means

Brook is an interesting one, flirted with world class but hasnt fought anyone who is genuinely world class, he's looked near punch perfect right up until Carson Jones bashed him up in the latter rounds, and then the questions began

You have to ask yourself, who would you rather be, and what record would you rather have, Lazarus no need to answer that, because if im undefeated and i trust my whiskers im in a better place than someone who has no whiskers and currently hold 2 losses by KO no matter where he or I (Brook/Khan) have been doing business, thats just my opinion, id rather be Kell Brook, i believe Kell does have some more gears to go through, but not as many as he and Mr. Hearn are claiming he has
ye i agree with this in general, but tbf i think some questions were asked of kell brook before jones, he doesn't look to have the power we thought he might, or the ability to finish someone without labouring over it. and i think too much is made over Khan's chin, he came back from the last ko loss to become a unified world champ, fair play, he could probably do something similar again if he adjusts, a lot. will khan ever be p4p no1? i seriously doubt it, but could he be the man at 140 and possibly win a belt at 147? stranger things have happened. i never like to say a fighter can't reach the top level because they can if they work at what they need to work at rather than deluding themselves, most fighters have the will to win, few have the will to truly prepare themselves to win
JamieC is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #78
Johnny Coyle
ESB Senior Member

I agree... Kells a big puncher... and would find Khans fragile chin
Johnny Coyle is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #79
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by macho_grande View Post
Who has Khan actually beaten? I mean seriously. When he talks about Brook stepping up to world level he always mentions names of people he hasnt even faced. (Pacquiao, Bradley, Mayweather)

His best win is Madiana, and his ability & power is grossly overrated. (& he was life & death with him)

Khan's record is padded with names, not great fighters. The Malignaggi of today beats Khan
For me i thought Khan was excellent in every department against Zab Judah, obviously he has Maidana and Paulie on there too, going deeper into it, it doesnt really get much better than that

But the way he despatched Judah alone is better than anything Brook has done thus far

I happen to agree with the tone of your post, people who think Brook has no business calling a guy out who's been brutally KO'd by B level guys are in Laa Laa land!!, but there out there unfortunately;

Just at the end of your post there is a crucial point, just where is Khan right now ???, i mean just how much has he gone backwards ???, Virgil Hunter is only human, is Khan still willing to strip it all down and go back to the beginning ???
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #80
JamieC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
For me i thought Khan was excellent in every department against Zab Judah, obviously he has Maidana and Paulie on there too, going deeper into it, it doesnt really get much better than that

But the way he despatched Judah alone is better than anything Brook has done thus far

I happen to agree with the tone of your post, people who think Brook has no business calling a guy out who's been brutally KO'd by B level guys are in Laa Laa land!!, but there out there unfortunately;

Just at the end of your post there is a crucial point, just where is Khan right now ???, i mean just how much has he gone backwards ???, Virgil Hunter is only human, is Khan still willing to strip it all down and go back to the beginning ???
spot on there, last point is key. i wouldnt mind him fighting Molina if i thought this was going to be the start of the evolution of him as a fighter, if we were giong to get to see him trying new things, then i wouldnt mind seeing him in a glorified sparring session with a non-puncher, but tbh i doubt he's willing to start over, so we'll just see him land lots of flurries against a lightweight, get a stoppage probably early, and then see him try step back in at world level and underestimate his opponent
JamieC is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #81
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

This thread is going to get sticky. I'm out.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #82
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Kell as the Win said earlier was punch perfect but tired horribly but i kinda give him a bly for that performance. Bad prep was his own fault, broken nose and gulping on blood doesn't help one bit. I'll let it slide, see how he does from now on but i do feel he struggles to go through the gears in general. Just think he gets to comfortable, maybe stops thinking about his work.

He gutted it out against Jones, even won a round in that onslaught IMO. He showed heart and a solid enough chin. Awful survival skills mind, but he got there in the end.

Got a feeling he'll spark Saldivia, 5th round stoppage. Saldivia isn't the most durable but does dig.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #83
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by critix View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Khan was on fire there, & was even bouncing off big Audley by the end he was having so much fun teasing Kell! You have to admire the bare faced cheek of Khan, doing that after hes just been pasted!

No wonder Ricky Hatton has came back, cos he smells blood...
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #84
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

vCash: 313

The guy in the last page is right. What has Khan done?

Maidana is overrated and he won by the skin of his teeth. Judah got got bust in the nutsack but was going to lose anyway. Maidana is his best win and he's a nobody at the end of the day.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #85
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Who are you mate..? Do you box then, have you had afew amateur fights...?

Do you think you are a better boxer than Amir Khan..? Pipe down you no mark.

You are making out that Amir Khan cannot box at all, THAT! is the biggest misconception in the entire sport of boxing at the moment.

Amir Khan was stopped on his feet in his last fight, because he was caught with a good shot that he didn't see, and he made the situation worse for himself by deciding to trade punches....It happens! You have made no great technical discovery.

And Amir Khan can box, i have seen him slip punches! I have seen him moving off on angles! What the **** are you on about.

Don't even ****ing reply to me.

What's with these boxing geniuses online here...? What fighters are you training..? What have you done..?
Hmmm

For what it may be worth yes i do box, i fight MMA and i train and spar with pro's to improve my boxing 3 times a week, i train at Invictus in Fazakerley and i know your from Liverpool so if you wanna come down and throw down please come to my gym and ask for Paul Winstanley, ill gladly accommodate you any time you wish, its just past Taskers Sports off Long Lane Aintree

Back to my post

Where and when did i state "Amir Khan cannot box at all" dick head ?????, i said he has almost zero defensive capabilities, which he hasn't, he got hit with a "same time shot", not a counter, theres a difference, when a fighter begins to read an opponent and figure out where his head will be at certain points of particular exchanges, he can throw and time a well placed shot!!! this is what happened to Khan

Only thing is, he shouldn't of been there, it was his lack of defensive awareness that got him caught initially then brutalised

Amir Khan can box you have seen him slip punches, **** me what a fantastic technical break down, yes i agree Khan can box, but he has flaws defensively that fighters at his level should not have, hence the wobbles (no pun intended)

Ill happily trade insults with you PK but if your gonna assault my ass do it with proper ammo, not this ****in drivel
Old 10-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #86
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
This thread is going to get sticky. I'm out.
Dont you dare Lazarus you started this one
Old 10-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #87
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Its actually a more complex subject than this

Khan has some solid solid wins under his belt "at world level", but ................ and we all know what but means

Brook is an interesting one, flirted with world class but hasnt fought anyone who is genuinely world class, he's looked near punch perfect right up until Carson Jones bashed him up in the latter rounds, and then the questions began

You have to ask yourself, who would you rather be, and what record would you rather have, Lazarus no need to answer that, because if im undefeated and i trust my whiskers im in a better place than someone who has no whiskers and currently hold 2 losses by KO no matter where he or I (Brook/Khan) have been doing business, thats just my opinion, id rather be Kell Brook, i believe Kell does have some more gears to go through, but not as many as he and Mr. Hearn are claiming he has
Kell Brook is a fighter, Amir Khan is a asset.

I am talking about simply Sports Marketing, who do you think is Virgil Hunters biggest fighter..? Its not Andre Ward, go and check the bank statements, let's break it down even further and check who gets searched more on google or any other search engines, it's just basic sports marketing research. Amir Khan is somewhat of a boxing asset, he is on his way to becoming a brand.

Boxing is a business, and Andre Ward is just not big business, and Amir Khan is.

Kell Brook is a fighter, he is a good fighter.

But he is not a boxing asset as yet...

If Kell Brook had been beaten twice already, it would have dramatic affect on his earning potential and career opportunities.

Amir Khan has more opportunities than ever.

Because that's how business works son.

Go and practice for afew amateur fights you ****ing genius.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #88
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Kell as the Win said earlier was punch perfect but tired horribly but i kinda give him a bly for that performance. Bad prep was his own fault, broken nose and gulping on blood doesn't help one bit. I'll let it slide, see how he does from now on but i do feel he struggles to go through the gears in general. Just think he gets to comfortable, maybe stops thinking about his work.

He gutted it out against Jones, even won a round in that onslaught IMO. He showed heart and a solid enough chin. Awful survival skills mind, but he got there in the end.

Got a feeling he'll spark Saldivia, 5th round stoppage. Saldivia isn't the most durable but does dig.
Agree with a lot of this, but my only input would be that i think Khan would punch holes in Carson Jones, Carson Jones is below world class level, its that simple, so where and how do you gauge

Its very difficult, Khan at his very best has done the business, where is Brooks very best??, is he world class??, but ................ Khan has been beaten, badly beaten too

Fascinating really, i honestly truly hope this fight happens before Kell Brook's Title fight i really do
Old 10-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #89
JamieC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:

I am talking about simply Sports Marketing, who do you think is Virgil Hunters biggest fighter..? Its not Andre Ward, go and check the bank statements, let's break it down even further and check who gets searched more on google or any other search engines, it's just basic sports marketing research. Amir Khan is somewhat of a boxing asset, he is on his way to becoming a brand.

Boxing is a business, and Andre Ward is just not big business, and Amir Khan is.

If Kell Brook had been beaten twice already, it would have dramatic affect on his earning potential and career opportunities.

not wanting to get involved here but tbf i reckon ward is his biggest "asset" its well known Khan doesnt really sell too many tickets in the states, GBP give thousands away trying to build his brand, id reckon Ward already shifts a few and is a big name on the west coast
JamieC is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #90
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:

Why dont you talk figures?? if your so sound in your business knowledge state some figures

Ok ill help you out:

Khan was contracted to a set purse of $1.25M for his first 3 fights under GBP, which they met at a loss

Khan does not have more opportunities than ever because HBO dropped Khan Molina because it did not suffice, nor did Khan Soto, ShowTime may not be BoxNation but its a move in the wrong direction

I will guarantee that Andre Ward was paid more than Khan's ever earned in his career against Chad Dawson

The Mandalay Bay staff were handing tickets out for free when Khan fought Maidana because only 1250 tickets had gone, eventually bringing the gate to 3000+

Kell Brook was paid a handsome 6 figure sum for fighting a guy who is frankly cannon fodder (Jones), hardly the kind of money a nobody would demand

Last point, the US is the land of PR and marketing, by default guys like Khan who are on contracts (rephrase that "where") on contracts like Khan will always command more money than a guy like Kell Brook, that is the nature of doing business in the United States of America, compared to the UK, larger audiences, bigger corporations, lots more $$$ available in every department, Khan has done well in building brand Khan, that cannot be taken away, but its moving in the wrong direction why? because he's losing fights, he has a fan friendly offensive style and he is talented, but if you lose fights your appeal dwindles

Right now Brook deserves a fight with Khan based on what goes on"in the ring", outside of the ring Brook isnt looking to shabby either, so soon enough they will be (if there not already) on a closer keel in business/marketability terms, Khan is a likeable fighter, but he's no cash cow, he's a well paid world champion (sorry former) but he certainly aint no PPV animal

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum