Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #91
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000
Default Re: Khan & Kell Brook on Ringside.

Everyones flavour of the month Virgil Hunter plans to have Khan spar with Alfredo Angulo. There's a chance he leaves Khan a in a lump on the floor, gargling on his own spit with brain damage, even despite the big gloves and head guard.

Khan has an abysmal chin and he's one of the most unintelligent people I've seen box. In the ring and out, he's a moron and there's little chance he'll improve in the future. His glass jaw will always let him down.
Jack is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #92
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J.KEYS. View Post
yeh mate, Khan got so raw when Kell told him he couldn't hold a shot!!! true though....although I do believe Khan when he said he got the better of Brook in sparring years ago, Kell just looked embarrassed when Khan said that.....still think Brook knocks him out if they meet
Watched different from me, Kell said "you got schooled", Khan said the same back and Kell said "i've never been schooled, ever"

Don't know how anyone can believe either version from that interview or say either was embarrassed.

Both got each other irritated and riled at times.
theboy_racer is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #93
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Hunter actually said he'd have Amir spar Angulo?

That is a BIG mistake, Khan will go into the gym wanting to prove a point of how good he is, Angulo will certainly drop him if they spar enough rounds.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #94
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

I couldn't give a shit about sparring stories, they were both kids at the time..

What I do know is that Amir would get picked apart and stopped by Brook IMO, any good counter puncher with a decent dig will make mince meat of Amir.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #95
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
This is the biggest mis conception right now in world boxing!!, infact its worse than that, its a plain and simple cop out!! Khan was flattened by Danny Garcia because fundamentally he cannot box defensively, and im not referring to his ability to run around the ring with his hands up, im talking about basic defensive counter measures that boxers learn and drill day in day out, rolling, slipping,counter roll, lay counter, moving off on angles, rolling in and out of combination punching!!! none of which Khan does, hence he got clobbered and KO'd again

Yes he stands and fights, but so does every God dam boxer in the world, its not like he rushes in looking for a tear up is it???, the kid cannot fight inside and cannot defend, its a flaw in his game that at this stage cannot be corrected, its an art, a science, you cannot just decide one day, hey im gonna be Pernel Whittaker by this time in 3 months because im going to practice every day, it takes years

Khan got walloped because he's flawed, he was beaten to the shot by the better fighter on the night and his chin didnt stand up to the test, its as plain and as simple as that

We got caught, we were winning the fight until we got caught, we know we can take the shots we were taking them in sparring !!!!!! **** off Amir! we we we we bull shit, reconstruct your game, lose the cling ons, lose the ego, lose the delusion and come back a better fighter
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #96
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdigi View Post
hahahahahahahahahahah

brook said i'll make you do that dance again!!
i didn't catch that
Old 10-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #97
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
I couldn't give a shit about sparring stories, they were both kids at the time..

What I do know is that Amir would get picked apart and stopped by Brook IMO, any good counter puncher with a decent dig will make mince meat of Amir.
I'm with you on this. I fancy Brook would beat him fairly convincingly.

I don't even think you need to be a good counter puncher to beat Khan. Decent pop, calm under pressure (I'm thinking about Khan's bullshit flurries) & patience will get the job done.

Khan will give you the opportunity to blast him out eventually.
macho_grande is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #98
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by macho_grande View Post
Who has Khan actually beaten? I mean seriously. When he talks about Brook stepping up to world level he always mentions names of people he hasnt even faced. (Pacquiao, Bradley, Mayweather)

His best win is Madiana, and his ability & power is grossly overrated. (& he was life & death with him)

Khan's record is padded with names, not great fighters. The Malignaggi of today beats Khan
I understand, since the loss, Khan will of course begin to be underrated. But that right there is complete horseshit.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #99
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieC View Post
Khan ripped him to shreds, and Khan was telling the truth about sparring there tbf, I fancy Khan at the moment in this fight, Brooks learning all the time, but Bailey and Alexander would be tough asks for him to beat
If you actually watch and listen, Khan ripped no one apart.

Listen to what Brook said in a calm manner, "you'll get demolished" "i'll make you do that funny dance again" etc

Khan was over compensating by talking over Kell, simple.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #100
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 336

Talk is cheap anyway.

Been saying for a bit Khan looked same size as Kell if not bigger and they say Kell a big 147, dont know why dont move to 147 a more natural weight for him.

I will make a bet anyone here that Khan will also punch harder at that weight, boili down to 140 is not helping him or his chin too same effect as he was at 135 getting dropped by 130ers.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #101
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Hmmm

For what it may be worth yes i do box, i fight MMA and i train and spar with pro's to improve my boxing 3 times a week, i train at Invictus in Fazakerley and i know your from Liverpool so if you wanna come down and throw down please come to my gym and ask for Paul Winstanley, ill gladly accommodate you any time you wish, its just past Taskers Sports off Long Lane Aintree

Back to my post

Where and when did i state "Amir Khan cannot box at all" dick head ?????, i said he has almost zero defensive capabilities, which he hasn't, he got hit with a "same time shot", not a counter, theres a difference, when a fighter begins to read an opponent and figure out where his head will be at certain points of particular exchanges, he can throw and time a well placed shot!!! this is what happened to Khan

Only thing is, he shouldn't of been there, it was his lack of defensive awareness that got him caught initially then brutalised

Amir Khan can box you have seen him slip punches, **** me what a fantastic technical break down, yes i agree Khan can box, but he has flaws defensively that fighters at his level should not have, hence the wobbles (no pun intended)

Ill happily trade insults with you PK but if your gonna assault my ass do it with proper ammo, not this ****in drivel
Fairplay that's a cool response, well done.

I am not a fan of MMA, and i don't box at the moment but i do have small aspirations, personal goals.

Cheers anyway...

I am not trading insults, i am challenging what you say!

I am just sick of people trying to make out, Amir Khan cannot box. I have seen video footage of Amir Khan performing all those skills you have just stated he cannot do. I understand that you do MMA, and that you also train with professional boxers..? But seriously Amir Khan has won Olympic Silver Medal and he is the former WBA Light WelterWeight World Champion.

Amir Khan can box!

The problem with Amir Khan is that, he makes the wrong choices. But these choices make him exciting, and i like him this way. It's why is a big asset, and it's why he is box office.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #102
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534

Primadonna Kool..... You just got messed up by the Win!

Taxi for PK
macho_grande is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #103
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy_racer View Post

Listen to what Brook said in a calm manner, "you'll get demolished" "i'll make you do that funny dance again" etc

And that's all Brook said. Unfortunately it didn't appear to have any affect on Khan - who carried on enjoying himself and trolling him. I'm only going off that 5 minute SkySports clip, but it wasn't because of talking over him that he got the better. He just seemed in a better mood and more at ease infront of the camera. Kell was way too easily wound up. In other words, he got ripped.

Different story in the ring, though. Where Khan'll probably get knocked out again
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #104
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Why dont you talk figures?? if your so sound in your business knowledge state some figures

Ok ill help you out:

Khan was contracted to a set purse of $1.25M for his first 3 fights under GBP, which they met at a loss

Khan does not have more opportunities than ever because HBO dropped Khan Molina because it did not suffice, nor did Khan Soto, ShowTime may not be BoxNation but its a move in the wrong direction

I will guarantee that Andre Ward was paid more than Khan's ever earned in his career against Chad Dawson

The Mandalay Bay staff were handing tickets out for free when Khan fought Maidana because only 1250 tickets had gone, eventually bringing the gate to 3000+

Kell Brook was paid a handsome 6 figure sum for fighting a guy who is frankly cannon fodder (Jones), hardly the kind of money a nobody would demand

Last point, the US is the land of PR and marketing, by default guys like Khan who are on contracts (rephrase that "where") on contracts like Khan will always command more money than a guy like Kell Brook, that is the nature of doing business in the United States of America, compared to the UK, larger audiences, bigger corporations, lots more $$$ available in every department, Khan has done well in building brand Khan, that cannot be taken away, but its moving in the wrong direction why? because he's losing fights, he has a fan friendly offensive style and he is talented, but if you lose fights your appeal dwindles

Right now Brook deserves a fight with Khan based on what goes on"in the ring", outside of the ring Brook isnt looking to shabby either, so soon enough they will be (if there not already) on a closer keel in business/marketability terms, Khan is a likeable fighter, but he's no cash cow, he's a well paid world champion (sorry former) but he certainly aint no PPV animal
Amir Khan has got over 1 million Followers on twitter.

How many has Kell Brook got..?

It's simple marketing, these are simple stats that prove that he is a bigger fighter and asset, than Kell Brook and Andre Ward.

It's that simple to be honest.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #105
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy_racer View Post

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

'nuff said.
Lazarus is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum