Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #121
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534
Default Re: Khan & Kell Brook on Ringside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Owned on what..?

I asked him them questions, because i presumed he boxed.

I presumed he was one of these amateurs fighters who are experts. The ones that i see all the time, slating Amir Khan and Audley Harrison.

We have got plenty of amateur fighters claiming they know better than Amir Khan, these geniuses are everywhere. And this annoys me, because they are not better than Amir Khan. Amir Khan is a Olympic Silver Medalist, a Former WBA light-welter champion the kid can box.

Owned on what..?
It seemed to me that you were trying to mug him off.... Regardless, yes Amir Khan can box, but not at the level he, or indeed you thinks he can.

The Win is spot on. Khan has so many technical deficiencies I doubt he'll ever iron them out.

He doesn't even snap his hands back when he throws punches. He's so dillusional he actually thinks he can walk forward throwing pitty-pata flurries with a total disregard for what's coming back at him..

He doesn't have particularly good footwork, he certainly can't roll punches, he still can't work a round properly either.

He's got balls though I give him that. And I also don't think his chin is as bad as people make out either. He doesn't have the brain to succeed in my opinon. He'll get blasted out as soon as he steps up again.
macho_grande is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #122
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getta View Post
Talk is cheap and Khan can talk alot of it, good to see after the show they shook hands and took a pic together, we should respect anyone who steps into the ring.
This .
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #123
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
False.

All Twitter account holders -- at celebrity level -- have a number of fake followers following them. This is done by the fake followers (not the celebrities) to boost their own visibility/popularity. Khan, actually, in comparison to a lot of other celebrities, has a pretty low percentage of fake followers.
Uncle Rico

may I just say that I had been quiet on here for a while, but always popped in for a read.
So one day I stumbled upon you asking about your boss, talking up a fasting diet. As I had heard about this latest fad diet only recently at the time, so I clicked onto your thread, curiously.

Best decision I ever made, cos you & Scurlaruntings immediately went toe-to-toe in a classic ESB brawl which turned into a free for all by the end! One of my favourite ever reads here, by the end both of you reminded me of that classic Gatti-Ward round where both of you were utterly exhausted, but wouldnt give up!

One of my favourite ever reads on here, & I have been here a LONG tome
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #124
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by macho_grande View Post
It seemed to me that you were trying to mug him off.... Regardless, yes Amir Khan can box, but not at the level he, or indeed you thinks he can.

The Win is spot on. Khan has so many technical deficiencies I doubt he'll ever iron them out.

He doesn't even snap his hands back when he throws punches. He's so dillusional he actually thinks he can walk forward throwing pitty-pata flurries with a total disregard for what's coming back at him..

He doesn't have particularly good footwork, he certainly can't roll punches, he still can't work a round properly either.

He's got balls though I give him that. And I also don't think his chin is as bad as people make out either. He doesn't have the brain to succeed in my opinon. He'll get blasted out as soon as he steps up again.
No

I presumed he boxed. I was almost certain he boxed and fairplay to him.........well a MMA fighter who trains with boxers. But i don't like the attitude that these type of amateur fighters think they are better than Amir Khan technically.

They are not better, and half of the time they are chatting absolute nonsense. When they are stating that Amir Khan cannot do simply things like slip a punch..? Do you seriously believe that...? Amir Khan cannot step off on a angle..? seriously.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #125
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
Hunter actually said he'd have Amir spar Angulo?

That is a BIG mistake, Khan will go into the gym wanting to prove a point of how good he is, Angulo will certainly drop him if they spar enough rounds.
Yeah, he did. Crazy decision, I think. Perro is a bull and Khan is far too fragile for it to be any use.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #126
Redondo5
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4380

People have some seriously short memories... Can someone dig up those old threads from the time Khan got KTFO by prescott and was going to join freddy @ wildcard - everyone was saying seriously bad news for him as he will get KO'd in sparring and will further dent his ego etc.?

C'mon, no one who is conditioned well enough, wearing those pillows and headguard is getting KO'd in sparring. they might get some heat put on them or some serious difficulty.

even if khan is damaged or hurt in sparring i can almost guarantee you ain't gonna hear about it - at least not until either angulo or khan leave Virgil.

I've noticed people on here go to extremes from one fight to the next. Before Garcia fight, oh khan is fighting someone he should beat with ease and has zero chance of KO and now khan would get blasted by carson jones and is gonna drop to the floor the moment Angulo touches him in sparring. c'mon, let's get some balance and perspective going here.
Redondo5 is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 04:18 AM   #127
Charlie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Everyones flavour of the month Virgil Hunter plans to have Khan spar with Alfredo Angulo. There's a chance he leaves Khan a in a lump on the floor, gargling on his own spit with brain damage, even despite the big gloves and head guard.

Khan has an abysmal chin and he's one of the most unintelligent people I've seen box. In the ring and out, he's a moron and there's little chance he'll improve in the future. His glass jaw will always let him down.
Wow Jack, its not often I see you go in so hard like that.
Charlie is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 04:41 AM   #128
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
Uncle Rico

may I just say that I had been quiet on here for a while, but always popped in for a read.
So one day I stumbled upon you asking about your boss, talking up a fasting diet. As I had heard about this latest fad diet only recently at the time, so I clicked onto your thread, curiously.

Best decision I ever made, cos you & Scurlaruntings immediately went toe-to-toe in a classic ESB brawl which turned into a free for all by the end! One of my favourite ever reads here, by the end both of you reminded me of that classic Gatti-Ward round where both of you were utterly exhausted, but wouldnt give up!

One of my favourite ever reads on here, & I have been here a LONG tome
Hey Dunky.

I'm glad you found that an entertaining discussion. He's hard work, that Scurla. And yeah, by the end of it was ****ing tired Lol.

Loved the Gatti-Ward analogy. I'm creasing up here. Brilliant
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 04:42 AM   #129
Dan

Can't believe how many people are on here saying that Khan came across well! Tbh, I thought he came across as more of an arsehole than usual. Don't get me wrong, I like Amir, I love watching him fight but some of the things he says are cringeworthy.

When Naz got interviewed, he just said it like it was 'I'm the best, what you gonna do about it'. But Khan says things in such a patronising way ('I feel I'm still a league above'), you can see Kell getting visably frustrated with him. I honestly believe Khan is a bit of a dilusionalist. He GENUINLY believes he is still in the same league as Mayweather!

Reckon Kell would win a pretty close decision if they met at this point as he would just out class Khan. As he said in the interview, acuracy eventually beats speed and soon enough Khan would get caught.
626181071 is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 04:53 AM   #130
abzmanc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Lol at Kell's face. He mad.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
This pic is just screaming out for a comical caption on it!
abzmanc is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 04:56 AM   #131
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post

Khan was on fire there, & was even bouncing off big Audley by the end he was having so much fun teasing Kell! You have to admire the bare faced cheek of Khan, doing that after hes just been pasted!

No wonder Ricky Hatton has came back, cos he smells blood...
Agree with all of that, spot on. I have been a critic of Khan but I thought he was very entertaining and he knows how to talk the talk, at least. I hope he enhances his defence with Hunter, as he could be in many more big fights and that is great for British boxing. The Brook-Hatton-Khan triangle is going to be very interesting. I hope Hatton still has something left in the tank.
gasman is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 05:07 AM   #132
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Seems like Hatton is looking elsewhere though. The Mallignaggi fight is so pointless.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 05:13 AM   #133
bratwurzt
Whore
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
Crolla is a top lad.
His smile's infectious, you can't help but like him.
bratwurzt is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 05:24 AM   #134
bratwurzt
Whore
ESB Addict

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
bratwurzt is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 05:36 AM   #135
dannyboy147
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I think Khan would give Brook a boxing lesson.
dannyboy147 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum