Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
bruthead
REAL TALK
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default All Aboard the Official "Let's Send Primadonna Kool to the Echo Arena" Express!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
I would only ever going to a boxing fight, if i was given ringside seats.

My idea of enjoying a boxing event is not sitting in the stands with a poor view, surrounded by people i don't even know shouting or just in general pissing me off.
The Audley Harrison Story:

Audley's mother deserted him before he had even got to know her. He lived in a bad neighbourhood and got into trouble. His father did his best to hold down a job and raise four boys but Audley left school at 16 with no qualifications.

Before long Audley ended up in prison before being transferred to Feltham Young Offenders' Institute. That was in 1988. Audley was 17 years old and he had still not even stepped foot in a boxing ring. Aged 19 Audley found boxing and it changed his life.

Years later in 2001 Audley wrote in his autobiography:
I am an Olympic and Commonwealth gold medallist, a Bachelor of Science (Hons), a Member of the order of the British Empire, a qualified fitness instructor, a qualified existing boxing coach, a household name, a champion of the rights of amateur boxers, financially stable and a donator to charity.

I have been to Buckingham Palace and joked with Queen Elizabeth II. I have met Prime Minister Tony Blair. I have followed in the footsteps of Bill Clinton, Nelson Mandela and Michael Jackson and addressed the Oxford Union and I am hailed as a role model for British youth today. When I was younger, people would cross the street to avoid me. Now they cross it to ask for my autograph.

These are not boasts, nor two-finger salutes to anyone who may have doubted me - they are simply the bare facts of my life. They are my achievements, but if they serve as an inspiration to a new generation of adolescents who feel - or who have been told - that their life is going nowhere then my satisfaction will be all the greater. If, when I am an older man with my hair greying around my temples and a grandchild bouncing on my knee, I hear a young athlete on the television saying that he was inspired by Audley Harrison, then I will go to my grave a very happy man.

Nine years later, Primadonna Kool started the greatest thread in ESB history...
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Two years hence, on 13th. October 2012, Audley Harrison fights in Liverpool for the British and Commonwealth Heavyweight Titles against the defending champion David Price.

Let's put this in context...

Lennox Lewis, the last British heavyweight champion, won the Olympic Title in 1988, the European Title in 1990, the British Title in 1991, the Commonwealth Title in 1992, a Heavyweight Belt in 1993, regained it in 1997 and then won the Ring Magazine Heavyweight Championship in 1999. He retired in 2003.

The race is on for his successor...

The Contenders:

David Price won an Olympic Bronze Medal from 2008. He won the British and Commonwealth Titles in 2012 and remains undefeated as a professional. He has never challenged for European or World honours. He is 29 years old.

Tyson Fury did not win an Olympic Medal. He won the British and Commonwealth Titles in 2011. He vacated the titles in 2012. He is undefeated as a professional. He has never challenged for European or World honours. He is 24 years old.

Anthony Joshua is the 2012 Olympic Gold Medallist. He has not yet turned professional. He is 22 years old.

David Haye did not win an Olympic Medal. He won the Ring Magazine Cruiserweight Title in 2007. He won a heavyweight belt in 2008, beat Audley Harrison in 2010, and lost his challenge for the Ring Magazine Heavyweight Championship in 2011. He does not currently hold a British boxing license. He has 2 defeats as a professional. He is 31 years old.

Audley Harrison won the Olympic Title in 2000 and the European Title in 2010. He lost a fight for a Heavyweight Belt in 2010 to David Haye. He has 5 defeats as a professional. He is 40 years old.

In this context David Price versus Audley Harrison is a big fight in British boxing.

Beyond that, it's one of the last remaining fights in boxing because of its deeper moral meaning, because of the characters involved and because it is the first time in ten years that Audley Harrison has fought in Liverpool, home of Primadonna Kool.

Some people call him deluded. I call him a man for sticking to his words and convictions. I don't view the man as a joke, I view him as example to people around the world for keeping Audley Harrison as his avatar for as long as anyone can remember and despite, or perhaps because of, Audley's humiliating loss to David Haye.

When Audley Harrison fights for the British Title, it's a fight for hopeless optimism, for unorthodox punctuation, for keeping belief in yourself, and not giving up no matter what. That's what this fight will mean to Primadonna Kool.

There is a saying out there..."Save the cheerleader, save the world."

Muhammad Ali had his cheerleader - Bundini Brown.

Audley Harrison has Primadonna Kool but he can't hear him.

Let's do something about it........!

If we come together to buy Ringside seats to the fight for Primadonna Kool he will be near enough for Audley to hear him.

"Rumble, old man, rumble"

"Born the champ"

"Price is living in fear!"

And so on.

This is a rare opportunity to say thanks to Primadonna Kool for starting such a great thread, an opportunity to bring Audley's best cheerleader into his orbit, and, of course, a chance to shape destiny itself.

The ESB nation must stop living in fear.

Make your pledge. It doesn't matter how much you can afford. If you can afford nothing then donate your time and dissuade as many people as possible from bidding on those tickets, thus keeping the price down.

YES WE CAN.
bruthead is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2012, 04:22 AM   #2
pathmanc1986
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: All Aboard the Official "Let's Send Primadonna Kool to the Echo Arena" Express!

I actually enjoyed that. Confused how long it must have taken you
pathmanc1986 is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 04:48 AM   #3
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765
Default Re: All Aboard the Official "Let's Send Primadonna Kool to the Echo Arena" Express!

set up a kickstarter or indiegogo fundraiser lol
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 04:49 AM   #4
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

he'd just sit quietly by himself, a big voice online silenced by the open space of the real world
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 05:42 AM   #5
bruthead
REAL TALK
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
set up a kickstarter or indiegogo fundraiser lol
Kickstarter is US only.

Indiegogo you need a verified PayPal account:

To accept contributions by PayPal, you need to meet five criteria:
1. Your PayPal account needs to be "Verified" (bank account added) 2. Your email address must be "Confirmed" (email address confirmed) 3. Your account must be a Business or Premier account 4. Your account must be capable of accepting US Dollars (USD) 5. Your Payment Receiving Preferences must be set to allow payments sent through the "Send Money" tab

I have a PayPal account but not Business or Premier. Not sure how long that will all take and have to go out now to play football.

The Express has stalled here but I'll take a look later.
bruthead is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 05:50 AM   #6
BunnyGibbons
Is Not About That Life

vCash: 6371

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyvid View Post
he'd just sit quietly by himself, a big voice online silenced by the open space of the real world
BunnyGibbons is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #7
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

he wouldn't go,he is a alias of someone else,the freak
widdy is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 06:50 AM   #8
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #9
hit me HARDER

vCash:

As if.

The kid's an admitted tight-arse, I wouldn't give him a ****ing penny of my cash.

He said he'd consider himself a mug if he offered his mate who picked him up & dropped him off from college every day a bit of cash.

He drinks tap water on a night out.

Unless it's an open email to Audley showing him KOOL's posts & threads in the hope it'll get big Aud to throw him a ringside seat with The A-Force Crew, I'm out.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #10
Decy
Barely Coherent
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

The Asylum Express yes the Audley Express no.
Decy is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #11
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I have the same debates about boxing with people in the real so called physical world. But to be honest i very rarely swear, and i am actually quite astute and proper. I was debating the other day on the train, seen one of my mates on the way to work etc...

So many things piss me off on this site, i think i need to lay off the profanity.

I don't think i am a big voice online, because i hardly ever talk about boxing all that much. Because i am only motivated by certain boxing events, and certain fighters. But when i choice to debate about something, i am very astute and passionate.

There are very few boxing events that i would interest me to attend, because i am only really a passionate fan of David Haye and Audley Harrison.

Its hilarious this mythical shit that is surrounding me here, my presence will be felt during this fight build up.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #12
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Send him to the MEN so I can slap the twat.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #13
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Also i would not quite call myself a cheerleader, it's more so the ideology and philosophy that Audley Harrison represents that i support most. My Nation Living In Fear thread was subliminally about reconditioning the minds of those within society who have had this, positivity and never give up attitude beaten out of them.

Audley Harrison is the tool and platform for this message and way of life. I think he is one of very few boxers who actually motivate people, not just to box but better themselves within life. Audley Harrison success is a testament to this way of life......

He has also been a boxing catalyse, a pioneer who has changed the game. And he had to sacrifice himself for that change to happen.

David Haye is also very similar...

I like the quote David Haye says in this video, 15min 30seconds and onwards. About setting yourself goals in life etc...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsgB2s5xWPg[/ame]
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #14
punchdrunkgench
Belt holder
ESB Addict

il have a scores worth
punchdrunkgench is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #15
sniffmybadger
trust me I'm a stomach
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Also i would not quite call myself a cheerleader, it's more so the ideology and philosophy that Audley Harrison represents that i support most. My Nation Living In Fear thread was subliminally about reconditioning the minds of those within society who have had this, positivity and never give up attitude beaten out of them.

Audley Harrison is the tool and platform for this message and way of life. I think he is one of very few boxers who actually motivate people, not just to box but better themselves within life. Audley Harrison success is a testament to this way of life......

He has also been a boxing catalyse, a pioneer who has changed the game. And he had to sacrifice himself for that change to happen.

David Haye is also very similar...

I like the quote David Haye says in this video, 15min 30seconds and onwards. About setting yourself goals in life etc...

you need to get out a bit more
sniffmybadger is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum