Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: If you were Joe Calzaghe will you come out of retirement to fight Ward
Yes 78 19.40%
no 324 80.60%
Voters: 402. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #151
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Calzaghe never fought worthy opponents in his prime, you think he will now when he's on heavy crack and overweight?

Only "fans" starting threads about Calzaghe seem to be certified retards, trolls or alts.
Scar is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #152
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 355
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasin View Post
just been reading this thread and the disease that is you is here talking the usual shit. HerolGee in tow.

the thing that caught my eye was the question that Bailey asked you. you came back with a promo vid from 1995 that was for the eubank vs collins fight. what had that promo got to do with the question that you were asked? nothing is the answer.

and what were you doing scrambling to YT so fast? i thought it strange that you just couldn't answer the question in stead of giving that link.

the other thing that caught my eye (and this was the main one) was that you said you watched the calzaghe vs eubank bill just for eubank. again strange. the reason being was that naseem hamed was the top of that bill and was by far the biggest star fighting that night. the promo's for the bill were dominated by naz. whether you liked him or not, you still would of known who the top of the bill was. and i don't believe for a second that any true boxing fan would miss a naz fight at that point in his career. he was very hard to miss.

so for this, i call you a lying piece of shit who's been found out yet again.
You told him. I missed that you gave it away to him. Hamed vs Badillo and the bill was based around Hamed. I seem to think the bill was called The Full Monty. It was strange that he couldnt answer any single question
bailey is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #153
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Calzaghe never fought worthy opponents in his prime, you think he will now when he's on heavy crack and overweight?

Only "fans" starting threads about Calzaghe seem to be certified retards, trolls or alts.
Was Kessler in his prime, suffering double vision, rusty and exposed by Calzaghe, or Froch prime at 35 coming off a Mdec over an old SMW journeyman who has lost more than won at SMW
bailey is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #154
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

It would take the crown jewels.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #155
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletproof View Post
How did Ward duck Bute exactly. Ward said Bute needed to fight a higher level of comp and prove his worth. When Bute did step up in comp he got smashed by the same guy Ward dominated with one hand. lol, Ward ducking Bute. Funny!!!
Ward said that to get out of fighting Bute and then claimed he was trying to hype the fight when Bute signed against Froch.
Ward ducked Bute and then fought a lesser SMW
bailey is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #156
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
It would take the crown jewels.
Interesting because no money could get Ward to fight Bute or Andre Dirrell
bailey is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #157
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 191

I have no recall what happened 15 years ago. I watched France win the world cup back then, but i cant even remember where i was or who they beat unless i look it up.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #158
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
vCash: 1000

No, definitely not.

75% Calzaghe won`t be enough to beat Ward, 100% Calzaghe certainly would but not 75%.

I doubt Calzaghe would even be 75% of what he was at this stage anyway, too many years out of the ring & not exactly young in age either.

Even if Calzaghe gave Ward a great fight & lost on points you would still get the usual dumb ****s (usually Americans) claiming that this is the result it would always have been, their jealousy & hatred know no bounds were the great Joe Calzaghe is concerned, they can`t stand that he is the greatest ever SMW & never lost a pro fight. Calzaghe would be silly to give these clowns anything to cheer about, let them hate, hurt & make Ward v Calzaghe feel better threads everyday is what I say.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #159
Macdeath
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

No, Calzaghe has had a very good career and it is time for new guys like Ward to make their name rather than have him come back and steal Wards thunder.
Ward is the SMW of today
Macdeath is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #160
Bulletproof
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Ward said that to get out of fighting Bute and then claimed he was trying to hype the fight when Bute signed against Froch.
Ward ducked Bute and then fought a lesser SMW
Ok, you got me there. Ward ducked Bute due to his "fear of flying"!! Feel better now? Tell you what, let's check in again on this fight when Bute is about 45ish or so. BTW, you do a fantastic job as Joe's publicist. Keep up the good work and tell him I said hello when you deliver his daily 8-ball to him. Thanks...
Bulletproof is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #161
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Interesting because no money could get Ward to fight Bute or Andre Dirrell
Funny, only one boxer in history is literally quoted as saying "it would take the crown jewels" when asked about another fighter, and his name isn't Andre Ward.

Who was it, again?
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #162
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666

Quote:
Funny, only one boxer in history is literally quoted as saying "it would take the crown jewels" when asked about another fighter, and his name isn't Andre Ward.

Who was it, again?

Why do you constantly appear in every Calzaghe thread moaning on about the crown jewels? Fighting is a dangerous business and you deserve to be well paid if you take those risks
knockout artist is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #163
Bulletproof
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Who was it, again?
Bailey is under contract, which renders him incapable of agreeing to or saying anything negative about Joe Cokeslappy, his lover/employer, no matter how true it may be.
Bulletproof is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #164
Macdeath
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Its a shame Ward ducked Bute, it would shut up all of these pro Calzaghe fanboys had Ward just fought Bute, as we know now that Ward would likely have got to Bute, we just didnt know it when Bute was undefeated. Hindsights a great thing
Macdeath is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #165
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerolGee View Post
is that Bika?
You need to brush up on your boxing knowledge, the guy in the pic is Jeff Lacy.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum