Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: If you were Joe Calzaghe will you come out of retirement to fight Ward
Yes 78 19.40%
no 324 80.60%
Voters: 402. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #406
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
Hi mate,

Great post, I enjoyed reading that.

Thanks a lot!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to reply back until mon or tues.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Speak to you soon.


Regards, Loudon.

Thanks mate, no worries. Have a great weekend yourself!
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #407
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 13,849
vCash: 355
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Kessler won a vacant title against Dingaan Thobela and defended it against Cummings.

Mundine , just because he had a title , doesn't make him a great fighter , hes clearly not. He got got brutally knocked out and couldn't beat the count by Ottke.
Wrong again.
Im sure you must be trolling. If not leave the thread because you dont have a clue what you are talking about.
Kessler didnt win a world title against Thobela at all or defend a world title against Cummings .

Kessler won his first world title from M Siaca the then WBA SMW champ.


Dinovelvet really does not have a clue
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #408
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 13,849
vCash: 355
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Mundine title was also vacant and won it against an absolute zero never heard of, and who lost it a fight later to another no hoper. That was Kesslers biggest win before he faced Joe. Haha.
That wasnt Kesslers big win. Kessler had beaten Siaca who had beaten Mundine and beat 3 time and reigning WBC SMW champ Beyer as well as Mundine.

I dont think Mundines a great by any stretch, but he cant be all bad when you consider he beat 2 weight champ D Green, Soliman easily who pushed Wright, Echoles when many felt he was going to lose and undefeated Geale who is now a unified MW champ
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #409
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,878
vCash: 191
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Wrong again.
Im sure you must be trolling. If not leave the thread because you dont have a clue what you are talking about.
Kessler didnt win a world title against Thobela at all or defend a world title against Cummings .

Kessler won his first world title from M Siaca the then WBA SMW champ.


Dinovelvet really does not have a clue
Did Kessler not win The WBC belt from Cummings, i mixed him up with Thobela. Didn't Joe claim two world titles from Kessler?
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #410
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 13,849
vCash: 355
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by general zod View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Frankie Liles
Beyer
Bute
Dawson
Tarver
Vanderpool

He missed ALL of them. He basically just waited for the wba and wbc belts to fall into than hands of an orthodox fighter. He needed to unify with Bute to become the undispusted smw champion

The only southy he faced was Branko Sobot
Tell me Zod, when Bute said he did not want to fight Calzaghe or Kessler as he didnt feel he was ready for that step up at the time. How did Calzaghe avoid him as you seem to be implying?
Tell me why do you note Vanderpool? What had he done to make you think Calzaghe was avoiding him?
You say Calzaghe waited for just one fighter but look at the names you have put forward in -
Frankie Liles - Calzaghe beat the fighter that KOd and basically ended Liles career

Beyer - Calzaghe beat the fighter that KOd and basically ended Beyers career

Bute - See above, Bute said he wasnt ready and as we know now, never would have been

Dawson - Moved up away from SMW when in line for a shot at Calzaghes title to fight lesser comp and then years later could fight at SMW again . Says it all

Tarver - Calzaghe beat the fighter that schooled Tarver

Vanderpool - Not sure why you bring Vanderpool up but Calzaghe beat the fighter that KOd and basically ended Vanderpools career


Run along now Zod
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #411
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 13,849
vCash: 355
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Did Kessler not win The WBC belt from Cummings, i mixed him up with Thobela. Didn't Joe claim two world titles from Kessler?
Give up and move on.

Kessler did not win the WBC SMW title from either of them or defend it against either of them. Understand now?
You really should not be here trying to debate about something you know so little about. You are being made to look as daft as Loudon.
Find another thread

Yes Calzaghe did claim two world titles from Kessler
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #412
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,878
vCash: 191
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Tell me Zod, when Bute said he did not want to fight Calzaghe or Kessler as he didnt feel he was ready for that step up at the time. How did Calzaghe avoid him as you seem to be implying?
Tell me why do you note Vanderpool? What had he done to make you think Calzaghe was avoiding him?
You say Calzaghe waited for just one fighter but look at the names you have put forward in -
Frankie Liles - Calzaghe beat the fighter that KOd and basically ended Liles career

Beyer - Calzaghe beat the fighter that KOd and basically ended Beyers career

Bute - See above, Bute said he wasnt ready and as we know now, never would have been

Dawson - Moved up away from SMW when in line for a shot at Calzaghes title to fight lesser comp and then years later could fight at SMW again . Says it all

Tarver - Calzaghe beat the fighter that schooled Tarver

Vanderpool - Not sure why you bring Vanderpool up but Calzaghe beat the fighter that KOd and basically ended Vanderpools career


Run along now Zod
That post was a shot in the dark and you missed badly. You're triangle theory , unfortunately for you is not how its works. He made the point Joe purposefully missed southpaws and you listed a few orthodox fighters and fighters he never even fought avoiding the argument completely.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #413
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,878
vCash: 191
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Give up and move on.

Kessler did not win the WBC SMW title from either of them or defend it against either of them. Understand now?
You really should not be here trying to debate about something you know so little about. You are being made to look as daft as Loudon.
Find another thread

Yes Calzaghe did claim two world titles from Kessler
Then who did he win it from because he had bothe titles before he faced Joe. Why don't type out the facts instead of moaning like a little boy whose icecream fell off his cone top.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #414
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Tell me Zod, when Bute said he did not want to fight Calzaghe or Kessler as he didnt feel he was ready for that step up at the time. How did Calzaghe avoid him as you seem to be implying?
Tell me why do you note Vanderpool? What had he done to make you think Calzaghe was avoiding him?
You say Calzaghe waited for just one fighter but look at the names you have put forward in -
Frankie Liles - Calzaghe beat the fighter that KOd and basically ended Liles career

Beyer - Calzaghe beat the fighter that KOd and basically ended Beyers career

Bute - See above, Bute said he wasnt ready and as we know now, never would have been

Dawson - Moved up away from SMW when in line for a shot at Calzaghes title to fight lesser comp and then years later could fight at SMW again . Says it all

Tarver - Calzaghe beat the fighter that schooled Tarver

Vanderpool - Not sure why you bring Vanderpool up but Calzaghe beat the fighter that KOd and basically ended Vanderpools career


Run along now Zod

Delicious posting from bailey that has once again made a mockery of the running joke that's general zod
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #415
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
That post was a shot in the dark and you missed badly. You're triangle theory , unfortunately for you is not how its works. He made the point Joe purposefully missed southpaws and you listed a few orthodox fighters and fighters he never even fought avoiding the argument completely.

hey zod/popkins why don't you stop posting from behind this alt account?

Bute himself said he wasn't ready for Calzaghe

Beyer, Liles, Vanderpool weren't in positions to make fights with Calzaghe

Tarver and Calzaghe would have fought if Tarver beat Hopkins to retain his LHW title
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #416
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,878
vCash: 191
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
hey zod/popkins why don't you stop posting from behind this alt account?

Bute himself said he wasn't ready for Calzaghe

Beyer, Liles, Vanderpool weren't in positions to make fights with Calzaghe

Tarver and Calzaghe would have fought if Tarver beat Hopkins to retain his LHW title
Shut up.

Where's Bailey. Off scouring through the net for the questions i put to him. Haha
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:28 PM   #417
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Shut up.

And that pretty much ends that, when the best you can come up is 'shut up' then you know it's time to log off
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #418
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,878
vCash: 191
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
And that pretty much ends that, when the best you can come up is 'shut up' then you know it's time to log off
When your best attempt is accusing me of being two other individuals it eliminates any value you might bring to a discussion.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #419
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 13,849
vCash: 355
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon aka ESBs most Pwned poster View Post
Stats like these that you've listed below,

Mundine a 2 time SMW champ Kessler beat between reigns
Beyer a 3 time SMW champ Kessler beat when champ
Andrade who clearly beat Steiglitz who A Abraham could only get a debateable decision over and Andrade tha many felt KOd Bute
Siaca a SMW champ when Kessler beat him
Lucas world rated

The fighters listed were good fighters, but none of them could be considered great wins. I'm also willing to bet, that had I, at any point listed Lucas as a good win for Roy, in one of our debates, you'd have said he was a sanitation worker etc.
They may not be called great, but they are very solid and won easily which shows what an undefeated fighter with an undefeated mentality brings to the table. Tell me which T Cloud LHW win is great? If he was beaten, it would be considered a good win for a fighter as he is an UNDEFEATED world champ. Kessler was an undefeated unified champ who had beaten 2 reigning world champs as well as a former champ who reclaimed a SMW title, not forgetting how he beat former champs Lucas and Thobela and undefeated Andrade who destroyed R Steiglitz who AA could only get a contraversial win over.

When Jones beat Lucas, Lucas was a novice, when Kessler beat him, he had been a world champ scored some fair wins.

Quote:
What's Ward got to do with anything? Nobody has mentioned Ward.
I did because you have raved before about his win over unwell Kessler
Quote:
What facts have I got wrong? I was asking you a question. I said I thought he'd beat Cummins for a vacant title, and asked the question. I haven't passed anything off as a fact.
Which showed your lack of knowledge in a debate you are trying to argue

Quote:
Again nobody has mentioned Ward. I like Mikkel Kessler, I think he's good. But my point was, going into the fight with Joe, he hadn't beaten any great fighters. I stand by that. He beat some good/very good fighters, but he's not great, and he's never beaten an elite fighter. That's all I was saying. Stop being defensive. I haven't wet my pants over Ward beating Kessler. You're the only one talking about Ward.
Once again.
Kessler going into the Calzaghe fight was an undefeated unified champ who had these good wins.
Against Ward he was an already exposed fighter who had not fought for a while and was coming in off a win over Perdermo. I know which looks better.
It was a good win for an old past best fighter to be beating a unified world champ and Calzaghe had the Eubank win also.
You keep trying to say Kessler was Calzaghes best win. I thought it could have possibly been at one time as Calzaghe was old and past his best, but not so sure now. It has to be between, Kessler, Eubank, Hopkins, Lacy with Reid, Woodhall and Mitchell in the next catagory
Quote:
You've really got to stop mentioning that you've pawned everyone everytime you have a debate, it makes you look foolish.
What looks foolish are your posts after you have been pwned.
G Zod even pwned you by accident



Quote:
How have I been pawned, when I asked you a question? You can't pawn someone by answering a question. I didn't pass Cummins off as a fact.
The fact you had to ask when trying to argue a point was self pwning
Quote:
I can't wait for part 4 of my pawning, it will be hilarious!
Your not wrong there, but we are well past part 4 now Loudon. The number of times you have been pwned has gone into the triple figures now
Quote:
Why don't you try and have an objective debate?
How can you say that when you dont even know any facts?
You keep saying Joe wanted the crown jewels which could mean any figure more than he was getting because you dont know what he was to have been offered and what he would have accepted.
You also fail to note how he wasnt offered anything to refuse.
So you have no facts and no counters, just what you think personally which has no credit and I dont mean that in an insulting way, but meaning you just have no facts.
I think Calzaghe offered the crown jewels to get some fighters in the ring and they still wouldnt take the fights as KO Artist has shown and as you know about Hopkins ducking Calzaghe
Quote:
You're happy to copy and paste all of Joe's claims, such as "I've been chasing Roy for 5 or 6 years but to no avail!"

Yet when I expose his lies, the best you can come up with, is "Oh it was just an off the cuff remark" Ha!
But you havent shown how anything was a lie Loudon. Jones even admitted that Calzaghe chased him but said he was after other things. This is how you get yourself pwned because Jones even admits this
Quote:
YOU WILL NEVER PAWN ME!!
Its happend again. Loudon, but even if I dont pwn you, you just self pwn
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #420
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 13,849
vCash: 355
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
That post was a shot in the dark and you missed badly. You're triangle theory , unfortunately for you is not how its works. He made the point Joe purposefully missed southpaws and you listed a few orthodox fighters and fighters he never even fought avoiding the argument completely.
Tell me how you think Calzaghe missed Bute when Bute said he wasnt at the level to face Calzaghe or Vanderpool even.
Please tell me. this will be good

There is no triangle theory with Calzaghe, he stayed undefeated
All the names you gave, Calzaghe beat the man who beat the man somewhere down the line
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013