Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: If you were Joe Calzaghe will you come out of retirement to fight Ward
Yes 78 19.40%
no 324 80.60%
Voters: 402. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #481
HerolGee
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
You rate the Reid win, yet Woodhall beat the fighter that beat Reid. Woodhall possibly has a better resume with the wins over world rated former WBC champ Nardiello, Branco who became the WBA LHW champ, Malinga the WBC SMW champ, Catley the future WBC SMW champ.
All good stuff
yeah i rate my fat mamma too, and she can slap around Muhammed Ali. She dont make a thing of picking on shot2shit legends though.

all good stuff.
HerolGee is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #482
HerolGee
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJR View Post
Why are you calling the WBO belt worthless?
yes I am calling it worthless when it was worthless, not when it carries weight today.

deal with it.
HerolGee is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #483
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerolGee View Post
yeah i rate my fat mamma too, and she can slap around Muhammed Ali.

all good stuff.
Yep thats the sort of answer that shows that you cant compete with Team Elite
bailey is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #484
HerolGee
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yep thats the sort of answer that shows that you cant compete with Team Elite
yes i agree that you need to cop out with 'team elite r the best' paraphrasing at some point, now that I asked you not to cut and paste old posts.

dont ignore the words 'Woodhall retired straight after' again.

I will say this in support of you, Bailo, retiring Woodhall is certainly not a BAD opponent for a worthless belt. If Woodhall was still 33 and challenged for the IBO title TODAY (the Norties worthless title), then he'd not be a bad opponent. But he'd be poor for a major world title. So in context of the title being fought for at the time, yes, Woodhall wasnt bad.

Last edited by HerolGee; 10-28-2012 at 07:10 PM.
HerolGee is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #485
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 804

Quote:
yes I am calling it worthless when it was worthless, not when it carries weight today.

deal with it.
The question wasn't "are you calling the WBO worthless?" it was "WHY are you calling it worthless?" I am fully aware that you are calling it worthless in 1997 when Calzaghe won it but I wanted clarification as to why.

The WBO Super Middleweight title had been active as long as the WBC, it inaugoral champion was Thomas Hearns who as the WBO's representative fought the WBC's inaugoral champion Sugar Ray Leonard to a draw, its second champion was Eubank who added to its prestege by beating legitimate contenders Watson, Malinga and Graciano and holding the WBC's Champion Benn to a draw, Collins then added his bit to it by beating the still highly ranked Eubank and Benn in two fights each before retiring and Calzaghe won it by beating the declining but still dangerous Eubank.

Compare to the WBC's history. Leonard as original champion with one great fight against the WBO's original champion Hearns, second champion Galvano a transition one who beat nobodies then lost the title to Benn, Benn had two great fights as WBC Champ - one against McClellan and the other against the WBO's Champ Eubank - then he lost it to Malinga in a dreadful performance. There followed transitional period as Malinga lost it the very next fight to Nardiello, Nardiello lost it in his next fight to Ried, and Reid had defended it twice against average opposition when Calzaghe beat Eubank.

I'd argue that the WBO was no less a worthy title in 1997 than the WBC.
MAJR is online now  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #486
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

[quote]
Quote:
yes i agree that you need to cop out with 'team elite r the best' paraphrasing at some point, now that I asked you not to cut and paste old posts.
I said Team Elite school you. No secret to that
Quote:
dont ignore the words 'Woodhall retired straight after' again.
And.
Kostya Tsyzu retired after Hatton beat him. Whats your point?

Quote:
I will say this in support of you, Bailo, retiring Woodhall is certainly not a BAD opponent for a worthless belt. If Woodhall was still 33 and challenged for the IBO title TODAY (the Norties worthless title), then he'd not be a bad opponent. But he'd be poor for a major world title. So in context of the title being fought for at the time, yes, Woodhall wasnt bad
By todays standards he would be top draw.
He was stopping fighters like Branco who was handling G Johnson who when old a past best as a SMW journeyman was taking Froch to a Mdec, before the S6 final
bailey is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #487
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
The question wasn't "are you calling the WBO worthless?" it was "WHY are you calling it worthless?" I am fully aware that you are calling it worthless in 1997 when Calzaghe won it but I wanted clarification as to why.

The WBO Super Middleweight title had been active as long as the WBC, it inaugoral champion was Thomas Hearns who as the WBO's representative fought the WBC's inaugoral champion Sugar Ray Leonard to a draw, its second champion was Eubank who added to its prestege by beating legitimate contenders Watson, Malinga and Graciano and holding the WBC's Champion Benn to a draw, Collins then added his bit to it by beating the still highly ranked Eubank and Benn in two fights each before retiring and Calzaghe won it by beating the declining but still dangerous Eubank.

Compare to the WBC's history. Leonard as original champion with one great fight against the WBO's original champion Hearns, second champion Galvano a transition one who beat nobodies then lost the title to Benn, Benn had two great fights as WBC Champ - one against McClellan and the other against the WBO's Champ Eubank - then he lost it to Malinga in a dreadful performance. There followed transitional period as Malinga lost it the very next fight to Nardiello, Nardiello lost it in his next fight to Ried, and Reid had defended it twice against average opposition when Calzaghe beat Eubank.

I'd argue that the WBO was no less a worthy title in 1997 than the WBC.
I have schooled them on that with this old post below where odd bits have changed since

Where you have written for the WBO vs limited competition.
I just wanted to highlight some details to you.
The SMW divisions first world champs were WBC 1988, WBA 1987, IBF 1984 & WBO 1988.
Now for a start it is a new division so no belt has any more prestige than the other as they were all started at a similar time. So the WBO SMW title has no less prestige than the others.
Consider also that the WBO at SMW has been involved in 4 unification bouts.
The IBF has been involved in 2
The WBA in 3
WBC in 4 also
This shows that the WBO has been as willing to make top fights at SMW as much as any other governing body.

Now look at the list of champs in each and who they defended against and you can see that the WBO SMW title has produced the best defences overall better than all of the other govening bodies in this particular weight division so far.
Consider how much critism Bute gets now for his IBF defences.
Consider M Beyer defending his WBC title against 26-14-5 fighter who was coming off of a win against a 0-2-0 fighter
Or that Mundine when defending the WBA title against a 24-13-5 fighter who was the same fighter that WBC champ Beyer was defending against above.

People bring up Eubank who helped mould the belt that was good enough to give T Hearns a slice of history making. Out of Eubanks 18 WBO SMW title fights 14 of those fights were against fighters who were, had been or became top 10 SMWs. One was a unification and another was against the undefeated former IBF SMW champ (relinquished his title). In fact 6 of the fighters he faced had been or became world champs
bailey is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #488
Auracle21
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 13568

oh god more failey nonsense. He probably gets a hard-on thinking about Calzaghe.
Auracle21 is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #489
HerolGee
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[quote=bailey;14093996]
Quote:
I said Team Elite school you. No secret to that
what you said is no secret, sure, you wrote it on a public forum. Its still remains what you said, not whats real.

Quote:
ostya Tsyzu retired after Hatton beat him. Whats your point?
surely you mean, whats your failey point? My points are clear - Woodhall was finished as a fighter and wasnt a bad opponent for the worthless title.
HerolGee is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #490
HerolGee
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I have schooled them on that with this old post below where odd bits have changed since

Where you have written for the WBO vs limited competition.
I just wanted to highlight some details to you.
The SMW divisions first world champs were WBC 1988, WBA 1987, IBF 1984 & WBO 1988.
Now for a start it is a new division so no belt has any more prestige than the other as they were all started at a similar time. So the WBO SMW title has no less prestige than the others.
Consider also that the WBO at SMW has been involved in 4 unification bouts.
The IBF has been involved in 2
The WBA in 3
WBC in 4 also
This shows that the WBO has been as willing to make top fights at SMW as much as any other governing body.

Now look at the list of champs in each and who they defended against and you can see that the WBO SMW title has produced the best defences overall better than all of the other govening bodies in this particular weight division so far.
Consider how much critism Bute gets now for his IBF defences.
Consider M Beyer defending his WBC title against 26-14-5 fighter who was coming off of a win against a 0-2-0 fighter
Or that Mundine when defending the WBA title against a 24-13-5 fighter who was the same fighter that WBC champ Beyer was defending against above.

People bring up Eubank who helped mould the belt that was good enough to give T Hearns a slice of history making. Out of Eubanks 18 WBO SMW title fights 14 of those fights were against fighters who were, had been or became top 10 SMWs. One was a unification and another was against the undefeated former IBF SMW champ (relinquished his title). In fact 6 of the fighters he faced had been or became world champs
Failey, out of curiosity, why would you reply to your own alt posts?
HerolGee is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #491
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 804

Quote:
I'm not sure if your accusing me of being Bailey using a different account or not. If you are I'd tell you to grow up. I'm not Bailey, and if you want me to prove it I'll do so through PM or something.

All I did was ask you why you thought the WBO belt was a worthless in 1997 when it had no less history than the WBC. I'd like an answer. I've told you why I think the WBO wasn't worthless when Calzaghe won it, you haven't explained why you claim it was. You have only dismissed it out of hand as worthless. I want to know why.
MAJR is online now  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 03:59 AM   #492
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auracle21 View Post
oh god more failey nonsense. He probably gets a hard-on thinking about Calzaghe.
Thought you had me on ignore and couldnt read my posts
Failacle21 self pwned
bailey is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 04:04 AM   #493
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
What alts
If you think MAJR is an alt of mine, contact the mods and check it out to satisfy yourself.
It just shows that it is not only me that stumps you with questions you cannot answer but MAJR does it also, and has you running from the questions.
Herol pwned again

Quote:
I'm not sure if your accusing me of being Bailey using a different account or not. If you are I'd tell you to grow up. I'm not Bailey, and if you want me to prove it I'll do so through PM or something.

All I did was ask you why you thought the WBO belt was a worthless in 1997 when it had no less history than the WBC. I'd like an answer. I've told you why I think the WBO wasn't worthless when Calzaghe won it, you haven't explained why you claim it was. You have only dismissed it out of hand as worthless. I want to know why.
He couldnt answer. Nobody has been able to counter that old post I brought up because it is a fact and Herol fails to understand them
bailey is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 06:39 AM   #494
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict

Quote:
general zod is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 07:30 AM   #495
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Team Elite being absolutely taken to school in here with solid undeniable facts being laid out before them.
Welcome to TEAM ELITE world where losing is the NEW winning

ps: These guys always lose this debates, but they still keep on trying

Last edited by general zod; 10-30-2012 at 03:00 PM.
general zod is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum