Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: If you were Joe Calzaghe will you come out of retirement to fight Ward
Yes 78 19.40%
no 324 80.60%
Voters: 402. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #61
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELECTRIC GURU View Post
Don't really know many of the regulars on here but couldn't help but notice this guys incredible obsession with hating Calzaghe. I get the feeling he is an alt but don't know who?

Has there been any notorious long-term Calzaghe haters on esb that have recently been handed bans? Think that would definitely fit this dudes profile.

There was a poster on here who had an incredible obsession with hating Calzaghe, he started posting under the account popkins, until he got banned for trolling, then he returned with a string of alts, most recently he was posting under the username of kitikasem, where he made a string of threads about Ward and Calzaghe. Funny how you note that dinovelvet has a similar posting pattern, is popkins back under yet another alt?
knockout artist is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2012, 11:57 AM   #62
dubace
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1207
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

NO, because if i was calzaghe i would obviously have no balls. that's why i'm thankful i am not joe calzaghe.
dubace is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #63
UnleashtheFURY
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 574

Prime Calzaghe rapes Ward, but at this point Ward would probably win. Calzaghe has been out of the game too long, and Ward is in his prime. So it would be silly for Calzaghe to come out of retirement just to lose his 0.
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #64
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 239

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELECTRIC GURU View Post
Don't really know many of the regulars on here but couldn't help but notice this guys incredible obsession with hating Calzaghe. I get the feeling he is an alt but don't know who?

Has there been any notorious long-term Calzaghe haters on esb that have recently been handed bans? Think that would definitely fit this dudes profile.
How would you know the alt if you're new here and how did you know me straight away?? You be exposed. Who are you?
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #65
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV77 View Post
If I thought like Joe then no. He didn't fight anyone during his first run, why start taking chances now?
You write that when Wards best win is an unwell rusty double vision suffering fighter that Calzaghe took the 0 of when old and past his best
bailey is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #66
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

lol Calzaghe's whole MO is to DUCK and fight guys when they are WAAAAY past it

Calzaghe is not even a HOFer IMO
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #67
Mind Reader
RIP Captain Phil
East Side Guru

vCash: 760

Not a chance in hell.
Mind Reader is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #68
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 239

You got done in on the Enzo thread and ran away again failey.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #69
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubace View Post
NO, because if i was calzaghe i would obviously have no balls. that's why i'm thankful i am not joe calzaghe.
It would be crazy for him to come out of retirement now. He has been inactive since 08 and couldnt make the smw limit now even if he wanted to.
general zod is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #70
HerolGee
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
You write that when Wards best win is an unwell rusty double vision suffering fighter that Calzaghe took the 0 of when old and past his best
shame that was the only best Calzaghe fought and acutally beat, whereas Ward has fought a chain of bests, which destroys entirely the basis of your counterargument.

no doubt this means you've pwned everyone again.
HerolGee is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #71
HerolGee
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubace View Post

but if you were joe calzaghe, wouldnt you be your mind in the body of joe calzaghe?
HerolGee is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #72
HerolGee
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
Is dinovelvet possibly a herolgee alt? Made so that he can now slate Joe C from behind two different accounts at once?
no, we have entirely different stances and arguments.

there are plenty of people he could be though - Calzaghe gets lots of detractors, this thread is full of them.
HerolGee is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #73
ELECTRIC GURU
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
How would you know the alt if you're new here and how did you know me straight away?? You be exposed. Who are you?

You sound like a scared man about to be exposed because that didn't make sense at all

Where did I say i knew your alt

what do you mean, how did i know you straight away? I've checked your posting history, what kind of person starts an account and makes over a thousand posts all hating on one boxer in the space of 2 months?

Did you join ESB purely to hate one boxer?

Did you join ESB purely to try and get other members banned?

Only an alt would join a boxing forum with such tedious motives from the off
ELECTRIC GURU is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #74
ElCep
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Logically, no. Calzaghe achieved a lot in his career and retired undefeated. He should be okay financially, I assume. And even a year or two ago he was on record that he felt his skills and ability were diminishing as he got older....

However, if Calzaghe sees Ward and truly thinks he can defeat him, and there is a good offer on the table, then I think a victory would probably go a long way to shutting up his critics once and for all. Calzaghe does already have wins over two undefeated champions in their prime though. So is it just going over old ground?
ElCep is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #75
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Yes he should come back, those in real boxing circles call his resume as the fraud that it is. But Joe prefers the Sky news people and the locals thinking he is some kind of legend because of his zero.

"Don't worry son, he's not that good anymore"
doylexxx is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum