boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: If you were Joe Calzaghe will you come out of retirement to fight Ward
Yes 78 19.40%
no 324 80.60%
Voters: 402. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #76
Larryboys
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cannock
Posts: 1,325
vCash: 128
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

He'd be about 40 by now wouldn't he? after 4 years out the ring there's no way he'd beat a twenty something guy who's just hitting his prime. I'd take Calzaghe as he was only shortly before retiring, the Kessler and Lacy fights, over the Ward of today though, I trhink Ward is very good but his recent fights flatter him. Weight drained Chad Dawson doesn't reflect the true capabilities of Dawson or Ward, the super 6 fights he had worked out niicely for him as he got 3 guys with similar simplistic styles, Calzaghe was very different he'd have caused Ward all sorts of problems
Larryboys is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #77
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 14,306
vCash: 607
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
lol Calzaghe's whole MO is to DUCK and fight guys when they are WAAAAY past it

Calzaghe is not even a HOFer IMO
Explain?

Still nobody can counter this
Can any Ward fans answer the question below?

Calzaghe beat 3 undefeated fighters who had or went on to claim a SMW title.
Questions to the Ward fans and please dont duck the questions below

1. Someone tell me which top undefeated fighters Ward has beaten?
2. Tell me which top undefeated world champs Ward has fought?


Lets read the answers
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Try and debate against this

Andre Ward............VS.............Joe Calzaghe
Froch.....................................Kessler (Kessler the better win) (Kessler beat Froch)
Kessler...................................Eubank (Eubank the better win)
Dawson..................................Lacy (Lacy a proven SMW and winner of 5 SMW title fights. Dawson no pedigree at all at SMW) (Lacy the better win)
Abraham.................................Mitchell (Mitchell a 2 time SMW champ who had never been clearly beaten, only lost by debateable SD in Germany to Ottke, had KOd long time SMW champ Liles, beaten a future SMW champ twice, compared to AA who had done nothing at SMW) (Mitchell better win)
Bika.......................................Brewer (Bikas best win became Manfredo, Brewer had beaten H Graham and was a SMW champ) (Brewer the better win) (Bika was a Calzaghe left over at that time and had been out of the ring bar less than a round for a while)
Green.....................................Woodhall (Woodhall a SMW champ, who had beaten a reigning SMW champ, a world rated former champ, a future SMW champ and Branco a world rated SMW who became WBA LHW champ, who at SMW beat R Reid and G Johnson who when old and shot KOd Green) (Woodhall a better win)
Miranda...................................Bika (Bika now a top 5 SMW had drawn with 3 time SMW champ Beyer) (Bika a better win)
Buchanan (?????)......................Sheika (Sheika a better win) (Sheika was coming off a win over G Johnson and was a top 10 SMW at the time)
Camou (?????)..........................Veit (Veit a SMW title holder who had a fair resume, better than at least 2 of the current top 5 SMWs) (Veit a better win)Then include the Reid win and then the other top 10 SMWs and its clear Calzaghe is well ahead. I could have put Mkertchyan ahead of Green, Camou, Miranda, Buchanon

Very clear but nobody will have a sensible answer to say otherwise, it will just be a lame Faileys losing it answer when they cant debate against

Somebody tell me how Ward has done more than that.



Nobody can counter the above or answer the questions. In fact they hide from the questions
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #78
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 14,306
vCash: 607
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerolGee View Post
shame that was the only best Calzaghe fought and acutally beat, whereas Ward has fought a chain of bests, which destroys entirely the basis of your counterargument.

no doubt this means you've pwned everyone again.
Doesnt look quite the way you want it to here below

Still nobody can counter this
Can any Ward fans answer the question below?

Calzaghe beat 3 undefeated fighters who had or went on to claim a SMW title.
Questions to the Ward fans and please dont duck the questions below

1. Someone tell me which top undefeated fighters Ward has beaten?
2. Tell me which top undefeated world champs Ward has fought?


Lets read the answers
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Try and debate against this

Andre Ward............VS.............Joe Calzaghe
Froch.....................................Kessler (Kessler the better win) (Kessler beat Froch)
Kessler...................................Eubank (Eubank the better win)
Dawson..................................Lacy (Lacy a proven SMW and winner of 5 SMW title fights. Dawson no pedigree at all at SMW) (Lacy the better win)
Abraham.................................Mitchell (Mitchell a 2 time SMW champ who had never been clearly beaten, only lost by debateable SD in Germany to Ottke, had KOd long time SMW champ Liles, beaten a future SMW champ twice, compared to AA who had done nothing at SMW) (Mitchell better win)
Bika.......................................Brewer (Bikas best win became Manfredo, Brewer had beaten H Graham and was a SMW champ) (Brewer the better win) (Bika was a Calzaghe left over at that time and had been out of the ring bar less than a round for a while)
Green.....................................Woodhall (Woodhall a SMW champ, who had beaten a reigning SMW champ, a world rated former champ, a future SMW champ and Branco a world rated SMW who became WBA LHW champ, who at SMW beat R Reid and G Johnson who when old and shot KOd Green) (Woodhall a better win)
Miranda...................................Bika (Bika now a top 5 SMW had drawn with 3 time SMW champ Beyer) (Bika a better win)
Buchanan (?????)......................Sheika (Sheika a better win) (Sheika was coming off a win over G Johnson and was a top 10 SMW at the time)
Camou (?????)..........................Veit (Veit a SMW title holder who had a fair resume, better than at least 2 of the current top 5 SMWs) (Veit a better win)Then include the Reid win and then the other top 10 SMWs and its clear Calzaghe is well ahead. I could have put Mkertchyan ahead of Green, Camou, Miranda, Buchanon

Very clear but nobody will have a sensible answer to say otherwise, it will just be a lame Faileys losing it answer when they cant debate against

Somebody tell me how Ward has done more than that.



Nobody can counter the above or answer the questions. In fact they hide from the questions
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #79
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 14,306
vCash: 607
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Just imagine how badly this would hurt the nuthuggers if Calzaghe came back and beat Ward! Mitchell, Brewer, Lacy, Sheika, Manfredo, Jones & Hopkins you would have to add Ward and then another whole load more of excuses
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #80
HerolGee
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,067
vCash: 500
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Just imagine
highlighting the only relevant part of the post


get yer xbox and fight night out chaps.
HerolGee is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #81
Fellonblackdays
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 411
vCash: 462
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Definitely than we can see some more butt hurt ameri***s on the ESB.
Fellonblackdays is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #82
Mind Reader
RIP Captain Phil
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 6,519
vCash: 760
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Doesnt look quite the way you want it to here below

Still nobody can counter this
Can any Ward fans answer the question below?

Calzaghe beat 3 undefeated fighters who had or went on to claim a SMW title.
Questions to the Ward fans and please dont duck the questions below

1. Someone tell me which top undefeated fighters Ward has beaten?
2. Tell me which top undefeated world champs Ward has fought?


Lets read the answers
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Try and debate against this

Andre Ward............VS.............Joe Calzaghe
Froch.....................................Kessler (Kessler the better win) (Kessler beat Froch)
Kessler...................................Eubank (Eubank the better win)
Dawson..................................Lacy (Lacy a proven SMW and winner of 5 SMW title fights. Dawson no pedigree at all at SMW) (Lacy the better win)
Abraham.................................Mitchell (Mitchell a 2 time SMW champ who had never been clearly beaten, only lost by debateable SD in Germany to Ottke, had KOd long time SMW champ Liles, beaten a future SMW champ twice, compared to AA who had done nothing at SMW) (Mitchell better win)
Bika.......................................Brewer (Bikas best win became Manfredo, Brewer had beaten H Graham and was a SMW champ) (Brewer the better win) (Bika was a Calzaghe left over at that time and had been out of the ring bar less than a round for a while)
Green.....................................Woodhall (Woodhall a SMW champ, who had beaten a reigning SMW champ, a world rated former champ, a future SMW champ and Branco a world rated SMW who became WBA LHW champ, who at SMW beat R Reid and G Johnson who when old and shot KOd Green) (Woodhall a better win)
Miranda...................................Bika (Bika now a top 5 SMW had drawn with 3 time SMW champ Beyer) (Bika a better win)
Buchanan (?????)......................Sheika (Sheika a better win) (Sheika was coming off a win over G Johnson and was a top 10 SMW at the time)
Camou (?????)..........................Veit (Veit a SMW title holder who had a fair resume, better than at least 2 of the current top 5 SMWs) (Veit a better win)Then include the Reid win and then the other top 10 SMWs and its clear Calzaghe is well ahead. I could have put Mkertchyan ahead of Green, Camou, Miranda, Buchanon

Very clear but nobody will have a sensible answer to say otherwise, it will just be a lame Faileys losing it answer when they cant debate against

Somebody tell me how Ward has done more than that.



Nobody can counter the above or answer the questions. In fact they hide from the questions
Ward beating Kessler is better than Calzaghe beating Eubank in my opinion..

I also rate Ward's win over Dawson higher than Calzaghe's over Lacy.. Lacy turned out to not be very good... Despite Dawson not having a pedigree at SMW, he is a much better fighter than Lacy.

I agree, Calzaghe is still the greatest SMW, but it is not a total wash, like this post insists.
Mind Reader is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #83
GlassJawsExist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 496
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind Reader View Post
Ward beating Kessler is better than Calzaghe beating Eubank in my opinion..

I also rate Ward's win over Dawson higher than Calzaghe's over Lacy.. Lacy turned out to not be very good... Despite Dawson not having a pedigree at SMW, he is a much better fighter than Lacy.

I agree, Calzaghe is still the greatest SMW, but it is not a total wash, like this post insists.
What has Bad Glass Jawson done to make you claim he is better than prime Lacy?

He fought average Tarver and drained Adamek. He got a gift against ancient journeyman plodder Johnson. He went life and death with a blown-up Matthew Hatton look-a-like. He then got thrashed by an off-duty Haitian policeman.

He then was weight-drained and a zombie who had been KO'd by shot Miranda in sparring, and then was KO'd by feather-fisted Ward.

Jawson has ALWAYS been a HBO hypejob with a Glass Jaw.
GlassJawsExist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #84
GlassJawsExist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 496
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
KOartist is GJE and Barney is E.guru. Im here solo combating the bull**** posted daily.
You don't half talk a lot of ****e.
GlassJawsExist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #85
GlassJawsExist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 496
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELECTRIC GURU View Post
Don't really know many of the regulars on here but couldn't help but notice this guys incredible obsession with hating Calzaghe. I get the feeling he is an alt but don't know who?

Has there been any notorious long-term Calzaghe haters on esb that have recently been handed bans? Think that would definitely fit this dudes profile.
Yes, Popkins. He also had countless other alts. Don't think dinovulva is Popkins though, for all his flaws, Popkins could spell.

Dinovulva actually reminds me of ousted pervert hagman1989. Similar posting style, atrocious spelling, and a tendency to display unparalleled stupidity with every post.
GlassJawsExist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #86
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas,Texas.
Posts: 17,399
vCash: 1010
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

he has been retired too long so he has diminished, and Andre is on top. Joe would probably lose a wide decision
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:10 AM   #87
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10,479
vCash: 313
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassJaw***ist View Post
Yes, Popkins. He also had countless other alts. Don't think dinovulva is Popkins though, for all his flaws, Popkins could spell.

Dinovulva actually reminds me of ousted pervert hagman1989. Similar posting style, atrocious spelling, and a tendency to display unparalleled stupidity with every post.
Team Elite is crumbling by the wayside. Do you think nobody has noticed you're absence since Headbander got thrown out? Without your sister here to protect you you've been hiding away afraid to surface leaving Barney here alone fighting a stupid Calzaghe crusade he's slowlly losing by the day.

Its no coincidence Team Elite fell to pieces around the time i showed up. You were a tepid candle of burning bull**** and myself and Loudon were the extinguishers.
dinovelvet is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:12 AM   #88
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10,479
vCash: 313
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Doesnt look quite the way you want it to here below

Still nobody can counter this
Can any Ward fans answer the question below?

Calzaghe beat 3 undefeated fighters who had or went on to claim a SMW title.
Questions to the Ward fans and please dont duck the questions below

1. Someone tell me which top undefeated fighters Ward has beaten?
2. Tell me which top undefeated world champs Ward has fought?


Lets read the answers
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Try and debate against this

Andre Ward............VS.............Joe Calzaghe
Froch.....................................Kessler (Kessler the better win) (Kessler beat Froch)
Kessler...................................Eubank (Eubank the better win)
Dawson..................................Lacy (Lacy a proven SMW and winner of 5 SMW title fights. Dawson no pedigree at all at SMW) (Lacy the better win)
Abraham.................................Mitchell (Mitchell a 2 time SMW champ who had never been clearly beaten, only lost by debateable SD in Germany to Ottke, had KOd long time SMW champ Liles, beaten a future SMW champ twice, compared to AA who had done nothing at SMW) (Mitchell better win)
Bika.......................................Brewer (Bikas best win became Manfredo, Brewer had beaten H Graham and was a SMW champ) (Brewer the better win) (Bika was a Calzaghe left over at that time and had been out of the ring bar less than a round for a while)
Green.....................................Woodhall (Woodhall a SMW champ, who had beaten a reigning SMW champ, a world rated former champ, a future SMW champ and Branco a world rated SMW who became WBA LHW champ, who at SMW beat R Reid and G Johnson who when old and shot KOd Green) (Woodhall a better win)
Miranda...................................Bika (Bika now a top 5 SMW had drawn with 3 time SMW champ Beyer) (Bika a better win)
Buchanan (?????)......................Sheika (Sheika a better win) (Sheika was coming off a win over G Johnson and was a top 10 SMW at the time)
Camou (?????)..........................Veit (Veit a SMW title holder who had a fair resume, better than at least 2 of the current top 5 SMWs) (Veit a better win)Then include the Reid win and then the other top 10 SMWs and its clear Calzaghe is well ahead. I could have put Mkertchyan ahead of Green, Camou, Miranda, Buchanon

Very clear but nobody will have a sensible answer to say otherwise, it will just be a lame Faileys losing it answer when they cant debate against

Somebody tell me how Ward has done more than that.



Nobody can counter the above or answer the questions. In fact they hide from the questions
Stupid speculation of a fanboy cloulded with biased judgement.
dinovelvet is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:16 AM   #89
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,109
vCash: 563
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Calzaghe is the top P4P fighter in the history of the sport.

Andre Ward is in the top 10 P4P fighters in the history of the sport.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #90
GlassJawsExist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 496
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Team Elite is crumbling by the wayside. Do you think nobody has noticed you're absence since Headbander got thrown out? Without your sister here to protect you you've been hiding away afraid to surface leaving Barney here alone fighting a stupid Calzaghe crusade he's slowlly losing by the day.

Its no coincidence Team Elite fell to pieces around the time i showed up. You were a tepid candle of burning bull**** and myself and Loudon were the extinguishers.
Keep dreaming minion. HEADBANGER isn't even banned, the last I heard he was on holiday in the Maldives.

I have been busy with other things to be online constantly, because, unlike you, I am not a soap-dodging scruffy jobless layabout.

Now hush with your insolent nonsense you illiterate pea-brained berk or I shall be forced to viciously flog you off the forum.
GlassJawsExist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015