Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
team prettyboy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Ricky Hatton sheds 47lbs on the road to boxing redemption

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Picture: @realrickyhatton‘Hitman’ back in shape for comeback

A rejuvenated Ricky Hatton is just over six weeks away from his first bout in three years against Vyacheslav Senchenko on November 24 and has already dropped over three stones since deciding to give his career another go in the summer.

The 34 year-old has gradually worked off the weight over the last few months and looks in solid shape as he attempts to claim a place in the world’s top ten at welterweight with a victory over the Ukrainian former world champion next month.

Hatton has already admitted to his past faults and plans to keep himself around his fighting weight of 147lbs even whilst away from the ring, which is a far-cry from his old days of ballooning in weight between massive world title fights.

The Manchester fighter even coined his own nickname of ‘Ricky Fatton’ and came to the ring in his own fat suit, but looking at Hatton at close quarters over the weekend leads me to believe that he could be in the shape of his life come fight night.

A win equals redemption for Hatton, a monkey off his back so to speak, and will end three years of anguish for the four-time world title holder, who has been haunted by the Las Vegas loss to Manny Pacquiao since the KO in 2009.

Even if he is unable to reach the heights of old over the next couple of years, at least Hatton can look back at his record without seeing ‘Manny Pacquiao KO 2’ at the very top and can bow out of boxing on his terms, which he deserves and is fully entitled to do.
team prettyboy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746
Default Re: Ricky Hatton sheds 47lbs on the road to boxing redemption

He looks in good shape. I dont see his come back going down to well tbh.

I think Malinaggi would be a good fight for him after his tune up but Paulie has improved vastly in the past 3 years imo
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 12:23 AM   #3
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
He looks in good shape. I dont see his come back going down to well tbh.

I think Malinaggi would be a good fight for him after his tune up but Paulie has improved vastly in the past 3 years imo
Malignagi improved. Become more experienced yes. But who has he beaten to say he has improved?
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #4
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Still needs a tan the pasty white cunt

And to think the poms just finished summer
LeBeave is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #5
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeave View Post
Still needs a tan the pasty white cunt

And to think the poms just finished summer
compared to me he looks like Wesley Snipes

then again i do have anemia at the moment
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 12:43 AM   #6
team prettyboy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Malignaggi criticizes Hatton's decision to fight Senchenko

WBA welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi had choice words for the newly un-retired Ricky Hatton on the latest edition of The Boxing Lab, ***********'s official audio show.

Hatton will return after a three and a half year layoff on November 24th against Vyacheslav Senchenko (32-1). Hatton has told various outlets that he would be interested in facing Malignaggi if all goes well against Senchenko.

The Hitman holds a 2011 TKO victory over Malignaggi. That is the one loss that really bothers the brash New Yorker. Malignaggi feels that a rematch would produce a far different result.

Malignaggi said that his former trainer Buddy McGirt's style was all wrong for him and that is one of the main reasons he lost the fight. He now works with Eric Brown at the Wild Card Gym in Hollywood and said that everything is clicking with his new team.

"The win (against me) had nothing to do with him. It was on me and Buddy. He didn't do a single thing to win that fight," Malignaggi stated and then pointed to Hatton's excuses in losing his fight against Manny Pacquiao.

"In the Pacquiao fight he blamed Floyd Sr. but he wasn't going to win that fight anyway. Even if Jesus Christ was in the ring with him we wasn't going to win," he continued.

Malignaggi thinks that Hatton views him as an easy opponent to pick up a belt against. He also feels that Hatton decided to make his comeback because he became a world champion again.

"Ricky disappeared on Twitter and then I win my world championship and I started getting calls that Ricky Hatton lost a lot of weight and is looking to fight again.

"It's not a coincidence that he decides to come back when the guy he beat wins a championship and then he picks the guy I dominated for his fight which shows you his lack of ring IQ. Let me tell you, Synchenko isn't an easy fight for him. I don't want to say he is stupid but it is stupidity on his part to think because I dominated Synchenko it is going to be an easy fight for him," Malignaggi explained.
team prettyboy is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 12:48 AM   #7
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
Malignagi improved. Become more experienced yes. But who has he beaten to say he has improved?
The juan Diaz fight was a good win, and he should have had both W's in the 2 fights they shared imo.

Didnt get to see the Senchenko fight tbh, but Diaz was no slouch.
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 01:11 AM   #8
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
compared to me he looks like Wesley Snipes

then again i do have anemia at the moment
Yeah, I'm not going to criticise there either. I'm well and truly standing in a glass house. Damn my pommy genes
Old 10-11-2012, 01:15 AM   #9
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Malignaggi's article is full of contradictions
LeBeave is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 01:24 AM   #10
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
The juan Diaz fight was a good win, and he should have had both W's in the 2 fights they shared imo.

Didnt get to see the Senchenko fight tbh, but Diaz was no slouch.
Good win. Diaz was a light weght.Then he got stopped by Kahn. Also the guy he won the title off fought no one before magic man. We will see how good he is soon depending on how much Rickys got left. Don't get me wrong magic mans a good fighter I've like him since his fight with Cotto. Just don't think he has improved just more seasoned.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 02:57 AM   #11
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
Good win. Diaz was a light weght.Then he got stopped by Kahn. Also the guy he won the title off fought no one before magic man. We will see how good he is soon depending on how much Rickys got left. Don't get me wrong magic mans a good fighter I've like him since his fight with Cotto. Just don't think he has improved just more seasoned.
I hear you on that Dan, no argument from me. Juan fought his best fights a LW, strange he ended his career at a young age for a former undisputed champ

And I agree paulie showed some real heart in the cotto fight. Although his homo hair pissed me off in the Ndou fight
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 03:38 AM   #12
like a boss
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Credit to him for getting in great shape again. But I don't see his comeback going the way he hopes it will.
like a boss is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 03:39 AM   #13
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I hear you on that Dan, no argument from me. Juan fought his best fights a LW, strange he ended his career at a young age for a former undisputed champ

And I agree paulie showed some real heart in the cotto fight. Although his homo hair pissed me off in the Ndou fight
I'll second the hair thing! What do ya reckon about hattons comeback mate.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 03:45 AM   #14
DrBanzai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

If he lost 10lbs a month great, if he lost it all very fast then he is doomed.
DrBanzai is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 04:01 AM   #15
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

a half decent version of Ricky Hatton will always beat Paulie.

Paulie's "improvement" is an illusion, he has very poor foot-speed which people don't realise, and he is a one handed fighter. Fighting the likes of Senchenko he can look good because Senchenko is slow as molasses and is bamboozled at mid range because of Paulies quick hands.

If Hatton is anywhere close to decent shape he has faster footspeed than Paulie, and is able to walk through the powder puff shots and get on the inside where Paulie is useless.
Earl-hickey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum