Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
Hitta_Squadup
Beast ***e
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,675
vCash: 5304
Default If Pac is beaten into a coma...

If Margarito comes in at around 165-170 and Pac only puts on 3lbs and comes in at 147, if Marg beats him into a coma and/or he possibly dies, will all you Pac fans say Pac was too small and this fight should have never been allowed to go on, will you then want Marg to go to prison, or will you say this was a great win for Marg, but unfortunate for Pac.

By some posters logic you shouldn't be allowed to go over the contracted weight, which is true, but if lets say Juanma wanted to try his luck against Arthur Abraham at 168 but juanma only came in at 130 that should be okay because he didn't come over the weight, so let the massacre begin..

By the way whats the difference in a fighter weighing in at 155lbs instead of 154lbs and his opponent weighed in at 153lbs at a contracted Jr. Middleweight title fight of 154, that title would no longer be on the line if fighter B chooses to even go on with the fight, now whats worst weighing 2lbs more than your opponent or 15 / 20lbs more, your not allowed to go up a pound over your opponent because theres a weight advantage,

But if your opponent wanted to come in weighing 15-20lbs less than the contracted weight then its okay...
Hitta_Squadup is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YUL
Posts: 38,158
vCash: 5685
Default Re: If Pac is beaten into a coma...

pass it to the left homie
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:58 PM   #3
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 8,363
vCash: 105
Default Re: If Pac is beaten into a coma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitta_Squadup View Post
If Margarito comes in at around 165-170 and Pac only puts on 3lbs and comes in at 147, if Marg beats him into a coma and/or he possibly dies, will all you Pac fans say Pac was too small and this fight should have never been allowed to go on, will you then want Marg to go to prison, or will you say this was a great win for Marg, but unfortunate for Pac.

By some posters logic you shouldn't be allowed to go over the contracted weight, which is true, but if lets say Juanma wanted to try his luck against Arthur Abraham at 168 but juanma only came in at 130 that should be okay because he didn't come over the weight, so let the massacre begin..

By the way whats the difference in a fighter weighing in at 155lbs instead of 154lbs and his opponent weighed in at 153lbs at a contracted Jr. Middleweight title fight of 154, that title would no longer be on the line if fighter B chooses to even go on with the fight, now whats worst weighing 2lbs more than your opponent or 15 / 20lbs more, your not allowed to go up a pound over your opponent because theres a weight advantage,

But if your opponent wanted to come in weighing 15-20lbs less than the contracted weight then its okay...
You are allowed to handicap yourself, thats your prerogative. You are not allowed to handicap your opponent. You weighing much more than your opponent because you went over the agreed limit is handicaping your opponent.

Last edited by dangerousity; 11-12-2010 at 09:39 PM.
dangerousity is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
TheDon
KO Artist
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,717
vCash: 1291
Default Re: If Pac is beaten into a coma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post
pass it to the left homie
TheDon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #5
Hitta_Squadup
Beast ***e
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,675
vCash: 5304
Default Re: If Pac is beaten into a coma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post
pass it to the left homie
If i was passing it, it would be to the right...Homie!
Hitta_Squadup is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:09 PM   #6
Hitta_Squadup
Beast ***e
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,675
vCash: 5304
Default Re: If Pac is beaten into a coma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousity View Post
You are allowed to handicap yourself, thats your perogative. You are not allowed to handicap your opponent. You weighing much more than your opponent because you went over the agreed limit is handicaping your opponent.
Obviously, but we're talking about fighter saftey, if the ref can stop the fight against an opponents will because he is taking to many shots or the doc can stop it because of a cut all against a boxers will who may wanna go on, should someone be able to step in and say hey you're a featherweight you can't fight this super middleweight for saftey reasons.
Hitta_Squadup is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #7
SOUTHERMOST
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,353
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Pac is beaten into a coma...

I agreed the commission should intervene to protect the fighters New York and New Jersey won't allow more than 10 lbs difference. Remember Gatti and Camachi 20 pounds fiasco the result was a devastator KO he was never the same later he won $5M lawsuit from New York.
SOUTHERMOST is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:33 PM   #8
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: South-East/Greater London.
Posts: 16,250
vCash: 1987
Default Re: If Pac is beaten into a coma...

Great article.
TommyV is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #9
doubleplaidinum
Maravilla
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,202
vCash: 1734
Default Re: If Pac is beaten into a coma...

ha...ha ha...hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahha
doubleplaidinum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:40 PM   #10
enzo
Greatest Of All Time
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: nowhere near
Posts: 9,794
vCash: 75
Default Re: If Pac is beaten into a coma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitta_Squadup View Post
If Margarito comes in at around 165-170 and Pac only puts on 3lbs and comes in at 147, if Marg beats him into a coma and/or he possibly dies, will all you Pac fans say Pac was too small and this fight should have never been allowed to go on, will you then want Marg to go to prison, or will you say this was a great win for Marg, but unfortunate for Pac.

By some posters logic you shouldn't be allowed to go over the contracted weight, which is true, but if lets say Juanma wanted to try his luck against Arthur Abraham at 168 but juanma only came in at 130 that should be okay because he didn't come over the weight, so let the massacre begin..

By the way whats the difference in a fighter weighing in at 155lbs instead of 154lbs and his opponent weighed in at 153lbs at a contracted Jr. Middleweight title fight of 154, that title would no longer be on the line if fighter B chooses to even go on with the fight, now whats worst weighing 2lbs more than your opponent or 15 / 20lbs more, your not allowed to go up a pound over your opponent because theres a weight advantage,

But if your opponent wanted to come in weighing 15-20lbs less than the contracted weight then its okay...
hello brandon!
enzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:41 PM   #11
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 8,363
vCash: 105
Default Re: If Pac is beaten into a coma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitta_Squadup View Post
Obviously, but we're talking about fighter saftey, if the ref can stop the fight against an opponents will because he is taking to many shots or the doc can stop it because of a cut all against a boxers will who may wanna go on, should someone be able to step in and say hey you're a featherweight you can't fight this super middleweight for saftey reasons.
I dont see why not, if one is up for the challenge. Am I not allowed to spar with guys 10lbs heavier than me in the gym, despite me being able to beat the shit out of them cos Im just better?

All through history this has been done, look up Sam Langford. Heck Henry Armstrong and SRR did it.
dangerousity is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:41 PM   #12
causality
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,049
vCash: 328
Default Re: If Pac is beaten into a coma...

THis is like the Pac-DLH fight before they fought. Nostalgic.
causality is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:42 PM   #13
Caliboxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 4,659
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Pac is beaten into a coma...

.
Caliboxing is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:43 PM   #14
doubleplaidinum
Maravilla
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,202
vCash: 1734
Default Re: If Pac is beaten into a coma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by causality View Post
THis is like the Pac-DLH fight before they fought. Nostalgic.
yup. and he's fighting someone with half the skill, speed, punching power, etc., etc., etc.
doubleplaidinum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:43 PM   #15
doubleplaidinum
Maravilla
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,202
vCash: 1734
Default Re: If Pac is beaten into a coma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliboxing View Post
.

yeah coming on esb before a pac fight makes you want to kill not only your computer, but yourself too.
doubleplaidinum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013