Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-06-2012, 05:20 AM   #1
Skittlez
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Beyond Harilous Roy Jones Jr interview 2003 'I'll beat 3 Oscars at once'

Roy Jones Jr going full retard mode in 2003. Pretty much exposing how he hate taking risks and kept bragging about how smart he is and how much of a genius he is and how he will never be taken down.

On Oscar
Oscar De La Hoya can kiss my ass. The Golden Boy. Guaranteed, I'd beat him and two or three more of those mother****ers in the same day.

On taking risks.
You see what happened to Gerald McClellan? He believed the hype, went to England, and came home in a wheelchair. Now nobody wants to see Gerald. They want to ignore that. But I'm not going to ignore that. Hell with Larry Merchant and all the critics. They're not going to help me if my life gets damaged. You don't see Larry Merchant taking care of Gerald McClellan. I gotta live for me.

On how great and powerful he is.
If I go all out
I'm that strong. If I started showing people how mean I really am, somebody could wind up dead.

On why he don't care about legacy and don't want a place in boxing history.
If I fought like I was looking for a place in history, it would ruin me as a person. I don't think history is worth selling my soul. God wouldn't want me to be the type of rooster that kills another rooster. So I'm gonna chill and stay the nice guy that I am.

I AIN'T THE TOUGHEST MOTHER****ER IN THE WORLD. I AIN'T MR. SUPERMAN. NOT TRYING TO BE MR. TOUGH GUY. DON'T WANT TO BE. TELL YOU ONE THING, THOUGH: I'M ONE OF THE SMARTEST MOTHER****ERS IN THE WORLD. YOU'VE BEEN TALKING TO A ****IN' GENIUS.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Skittlez is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2012, 05:22 AM   #2
Skittlez
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Beyond Harilous Roy Jones Jr interview 2003 'I'll beat 3 Oscars at once'

Good Luck Roy. Hope you beat Kimbo in December.
Skittlez is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 05:55 AM   #3
Big Left
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Beyond Harilous Roy Jones Jr interview 2003 'I'll beat 3 Oscars at once'

RJJ was an arrogant prick who feasted on bums and took PEDs.
Big Left is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 06:01 AM   #4
haworths623
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 931

Roy Jones Jr was never the same after Calzaghe. Had he fought Joe in 2000 he'd be getting knocked out by bums like Danny Green and Kimbo Slice ages ago.
haworths623 is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 06:08 AM   #5
JasonHensley
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

The amount of dumb mother ****ers on this planet still amazes me. These replies are pathetic.
JasonHensley is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 06:20 AM   #6
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru

vCash: 488

Great find and proof of Jones not wanting to fight the best, in all fairness I think the Benn McClellan fight affected Jones and after that he decided he no longer wanted to take the dangerous fights or fight abroad. When Jones faced Toney back in 94 I don't think he envisioned his career going the way it did.

And it's even more amazing people will still think he didn't duck the likes of Benn and Michalczewski nevermind the half dozen or so other fighters who he was being linked with.

There's always an excuse with Jones but no doubt had Oscar or Trinidad beaten Hopkins we'd have seen Jones take those fights in a heartbeat probably at a 170lb catchweight
Arcane is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 06:35 AM   #7
PJ
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Prime 4 prime and pound for pound, ODLH probably KOs this fake ass chump. Look at what happened when he stepped up his competition just a bit (Tarver, Johnson, Calzaghe etc...). They dont give out the moniker "glass jaw or china chin" for free, he earned it!!
PJ is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #8
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He's definitely humbled as a person in his age, nowadays his commentary and point of view is fairly intelligent
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 06:40 AM   #9
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2001

Crazy how he went from such a self preservation mindset to what he is today... getting KO'd every other fight and still lacing them up for the next one.

I would love for Roy to do a geniune take on why he went from not fighting dangerous guys back then to doing so now that hes old and getting KO'd constantly.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 06:46 AM   #10
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru

vCash: 488

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Crazy how he went from such a self preservation mindset to what he is today... getting KO'd every other fight and still lacing them up for the next one.

I would love for Roy to do a geniune take on why he went from not fighting dangerous guys back then to doing so now that hes old and getting KO'd constantly.
He's broke that's why, fighting for scraps in Australia and Russia.
Arcane is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #11
timeout
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

****ing ave it u ped using glass jawed fraud.
timeout is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 06:58 AM   #12
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He stayed well clear of Chris Eubank
atberry is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 07:08 AM   #13
Chempasillo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez View Post
Roy Jones Jr going full retard mode in 2003. Pretty much exposing how he hate taking risks and kept bragging about how smart he is and how much of a genius he is and how he will never be taken down.

On Oscar
Oscar De La Hoya can kiss my ass. The Golden Boy. Guaranteed, I'd beat him and two or three more of those mother****ers in the same day.

On taking risks.
You see what happened to Gerald McClellan? He believed the hype, went to England, and came home in a wheelchair. Now nobody wants to see Gerald. They want to ignore that. But I'm not going to ignore that. Hell with Larry Merchant and all the critics. They're not going to help me if my life gets damaged. You don't see Larry Merchant taking care of Gerald McClellan. I gotta live for me.

On how great and powerful he is.
If I go all out
I'm that strong. If I started showing people how mean I really am, somebody could wind up dead.

On why he don't care about legacy and don't want a place in boxing history.
If I fought like I was looking for a place in history, it would ruin me as a person. I don't think history is worth selling my soul. God wouldn't want me to be the type of rooster that kills another rooster. So I'm gonna chill and stay the nice guy that I am.

I AIN'T THE TOUGHEST MOTHER****ER IN THE WORLD. I AIN'T MR. SUPERMAN. NOT TRYING TO BE MR. TOUGH GUY. DON'T WANT TO BE. TELL YOU ONE THING, THOUGH: I'M ONE OF THE SMARTEST MOTHER****ERS IN THE WORLD. YOU'VE BEEN TALKING TO A ****IN' GENIUS.

so he wanted 0 risks when he was prime and couldve established himself as arguably the greatest ever by defeating X II, prime calzaghe, ottke, benn, eubank, maybe toney II and obviously DM and now that his skills are gone he wanna reach for history and takes one risk after another and gets KO in every single fight
Chempasillo is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 07:09 AM   #14
Chempasillo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
He's broke that's why, fighting for scraps in Australia and Russia.
I dont think he broke. he just addicted to boxing, same for holyfield. both just cant let it go. they only do, what they did their whole life.
Chempasillo is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #15
maciek4
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Its strange that in his prime he didnt want to take risks but now that he is shot he fights not only risky opponents but ones that will not win him belts, fame, fans win or lose.
maciek4 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum