Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
What If I Lose?
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Angry When is CANELO going to Take on a LIVE Opponent (2014? 2016?)

What If I Lose? is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
joe33

vCash:
Default Re: When the **** is CANELO going to Take on a LIVE Opponent (2014? 2016?)

When the haters on ESB post there vids
Old 10-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #3
PBFred
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: When the **** is CANELO going to Take on a LIVE Opponent (2014? 2016?)

Good thread. Will read again.
PBFred is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

when cotto gets by trout which i dont think will be easy

cotto aint the same. goldenboy has been protecting this kid for a reason
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

He was supposed to fight Williams, then Kirkland, then Ortiz, in his last fight alone but for obvious reasons none of them came to pass.

Hes clearly trying for a big fight.

You could make nthe argument that Cintron was a live opponent. The likes of Rhodes and Hatton were at least contenders.

Looking forward to see who he fights next
irishny is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #6
Knickerbocker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Paul Williams got paralyzed.....not his fault it was very unfortunate
Knickerbocker is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker View Post
Paul Williams got paralyzed.....not his fault it was very unfortunate
sure, then Molina,Martirosyan,Lara,K9,Trout,Rosado,Quintana were not available...only light welter Lopez
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #8
bazza12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 556

Looking at his resume on an individual opponent basis, none of them particularly stand out. Past-it Baldomir, NDou and Mosley, faded Gomez and Cintron, fringe welterweight Matt Hatton, an aged Ryan Rhodes and natural light welter Lopez.

He has faced in my opinion, one top ten fighter and that was Rhodes.

Nonetheless, he has impressed in remaining undefeated. His performances are aesthetically pleasing even if the opposition is lacking in substance, and he was unfortunate not to be given the chance to shine against a bigger name last time out.

I think the winner of Lara-Martirosyan makes sense next. He could try and unify against Bundrage, then perhaps Cotto.

I just think rushing him into Cotto next up is a bad idea. Miguel is much better than people seem to give him credit for at light middle.
bazza12 is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #9
Dipset
Dipset4Ever
ESB Addict

vCash: 639

Golden boy will only put him in with a live opponant...if they can make enormous amount of money...-$$$

Mayweather-Cotto-Pacquiao-Hatton....
Dipset is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #10
What If I Lose?
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cubano View Post
sure, then Molina,Martirosyan,Lara,K9,Trout,Rosado,Quintana were not available...only light welter Lopez

This is rich... your boy RIGO is just as bad as Canelo.

What If I Lose? is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #11
prelude
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
He was supposed to fight Williams, then Kirkland, then Ortiz, in his last fight alone but for obvious reasons none of them came to pass.

Hes clearly trying for a big fight.

You could make nthe argument that Cintron was a live opponent. The likes of Rhodes and Hatton were at least contenders.

Looking forward to see who he fights next
Yep...I was surprised when he was trying to fight Williams and Kirkland. Those are pretty risky fight for him so he ain't ducking no one as far as I see. I wanted to see the Williams fight but Williams got hurt...not Canelo fault the fight didn't happen.
prelude is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #12
Go-Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
when cotto gets by trout which i dont think will be easy

cotto aint the same. goldenboy has been protecting this kid for a reason
false. Canelo already said that EVEN IF Trout is victorious against Cotto, he will still fight cotto win or lose and avoid Trout.

open your eyes people this the most protected fighter in recent. odlh is trying to live thru this reedhead and protect him like a mother
Go-Time is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #13
Go-Time

why are people bringing up paul williams? he would have been a step up for sure, but definitly was not a live opponent. are we forgetting what lara did to him? he was just another fading fighter to feed to canelo.

then people bring up kirkland, but why is it that canelo didnt want any parts of him after he beat angulo and became his mandatory? funny they waited for him to look like crap against molina then offer him a fight, but they offer him chump change so the fight fell thru.

open your eyes.
Go-Time is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #14
prelude
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-Time View Post
why are people bringing up paul williams? he would have been a step up for sure, but definitly was not a live opponent. are we forgetting what lara did to him? he was just another fading fighter to feed to canelo.

then people bring up kirkland, but why is it that canelo didnt want any parts of him after he beat angulo and became his mandatory? funny they waited for him to look like crap against molina then offer him a fight, but they offer him chump change so the fight fell thru.

open your eyes.
I'm not to sold on Kirkland but Williams was a risky fight in my eyes. Even though Williams got beat by Martinez and Lara not to long ago, style make fight and Williams is none stop punching machine.
prelude is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #15
Jacory Harris
I'm a gorilla I'm a dawg!
ESB Addict

The only legit fight out there for Caneloe is Money.
Jacory Harris is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum