Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #31
Flatlander
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 125
Default Re: Bam Bam Rios and Broner showing critics what theyre made of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal-T-Bag View Post
Yeah but yet you say Broner is ducking him when Rios was already signed to fight Alvarado and you know damn well Arum will never let Rios near a guy who boxes better than Abril in Broner. Rios will be against cavemen sluggers like Alvarado from here on.
I didn't see Abril doing any effective boxing. Just holding and running. Abril is an ugly fighter. Brandon rocked him with one punch and Abrila ran and hugged the rest of the fight.
Flatlander is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #32
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

They never were cowards... i wouldn't say that just yet... they have a career to start yet...
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #33
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Quote:
Yeah but yet you say Broner is ducking him when Rios was already signed to fight Alvarado and you know damn well Arum will never let Rios near a guy who boxes better than Abril in Broner. Rios will be against cavemen sluggers like Alvarado from here on.
Broner will most likely beat Rios but it would be a good fight and Broner will have to go through some pain to win. Styles make fights and Broner is not as tall and rangy, doesn't have the same style as Abril etc.. I just wanna see Broner cash the checks that his yap has been writing.

You talk like Broner is Mayweather!? He's not, at all! He has 1/12th of Mays skills. Once Broner steps up and fights good competition he's going to win some and lose some fights.. He will be in the mix but he won't dominate.. I hope you're still a fan of the kid when my prediction comes to fruition.. Don't jump ship.
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #34
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by osbrownaye View Post
Shouldn't broner conquer 135 before moving up to 140 comon gents take it easy who has one fight at a division and moves up?
No, 135 is a shit division! Plus Broner is a big dude, he could easily make 140. broner is thick as hell... He will be @ 147 in 2 years.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #35
Spman20999
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
I didn't see Abril doing any effective boxing. Just holding and running. Abril is an ugly fighter. Brandon rocked him with one punch and Abrila ran and hugged the rest of the fight.
I don't think you know how to watch boxing. Hell, it is possible that you don't even know the rules of boxing...
Spman20999 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #36
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spman20999 View Post
I don't think you know how to watch boxing. Hell, it is possible that you don't even know the rules of boxing...
He knows much more about boxing than you.. DUMMY! He's just a blind Rios fan and he won't admit that Abril beat him.. And yes he's right Abril held alot like a *****!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #37
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160

Quote:
Really, Thats just flat out bullshit!

Abril was effective if you want to accept it or not...I can agree that Abril played spoiler in this fight but he was effective in that fight with Rios...He limited and nullified Rios' attack and outpointed him in the process...Abril made Rios look lost in there so I dont know how you can fix your mouth to say he didnt exactly didnt do anything to Rios...It was actually Rios that didnt do anything for the most part.

Bias much??
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #38
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 461

Quote:
YDKSAB!!!
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #39
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3000 View Post
Broner will most likely beat Rios but it would be a good fight and Broner will have to go through some pain to win. Styles make fights and Broner is not as tall and rangy, doesn't have the same style as Abril etc.. I just wanna see Broner cash the checks that his yap has been writing.

You talk like Broner is Mayweather!? He's not, at all! He has 1/12th of Mays skills. Once Broner steps up and fights good competition he's going to win some and lose some fights.. He will be in the mix but he won't dominate.. I hope you're still a fan of the kid when my prediction comes to fruition.. Don't jump ship.
stop jumping to crazy conclusions. ive stated several time that i know broner will never be mayweathers level, we might never get a talent like mayweather for as long as we all live the way things are going. My guess is Broner has a Cotto'esque type career when alls said and done. ive been one of the people that strongly opposes those who say he's like mayweather. other than being black and ****y and having some of the same catch phrases they're really nothing alike other than using the shoulder rooll which far more than just those 2 employ. broners a much funnier, much wittier, more natural speaker with more charisma and charm than mayweather could ever hope to have. He's also more exciting so far and go's for the KO more than even 130lb Mayweather did. Compared to Mayweather though his defense is shit, he's nowhere near as sharp or economical and he's clearly a level below. That doesn't mean he won't be an elite fighter to be proud of though, not everyone can be p4p#1 but a respectable HOF bound career is definitely possible for someone with Broners talent.
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #40
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Broner is a special guy and he is against DeMarco for a sure win but the same cannot be said about Rios against Alvarado. Rios is World Class material and he gets stronger as the fight develops but he's fighting a bigger man in unknown territory, the 140 pounders, not Miguel Acosta for the WBA LW Championship and he also came from way behind against Acosta...
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #41
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister View Post
Broner is a special guy and he is against DeMarco for a sure win but the same cannot be said about Rios against Alvarado. Rios is World Class material and he gets stronger as the fight develops but he's fighting a bigger man in unknown territory, the 140 pounders, not Miguel Acosta for the WBA LW Championship and he also came from way behind against Acosta...
the thing is though that Acosta can box and Alvarado cannot. The challenge of fighting a bigger man thats dangerous and proven in the division above him is what makes the fight interesting and a worthy win if Rios beats him but fact is Alvarado is absolutely tailor made for Rios style wise. The perfect opponent for him to get a legit win in his first fight at 140.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #42
I1T2BOX
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Alvarado could very well beat Rios at his own game and Demarco def has a chance if he is able to take and keep Broner in the trenches.
I1T2BOX is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #43
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

Quote:
the thing is though that Acosta can box and Alvarado cannot. The challenge of fighting a bigger man thats dangerous and proven in the division above him is what makes the fight interesting and a worthy win if Rios beats him but fact is Alvarado is absolutely tailor made for Rios style wise. The perfect opponent for him to get a legit win in his first fight at 140.
You might be in for a suprise on Saturday.. Alvarado has the chin, power and will to KO Rios in a war.. Im still on the fence with this one to be honest.. I don't even know who im going to bet on and it's fight week..

Do you know the betting line on this fight? I don't see a line out on Bovada.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #44
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 115412

Broner has boxed at 135 before. I think he just want to copy Floyd in being a champion at 130 and up.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #45
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3000 View Post
You might be in for a suprise on Saturday.. Alvarado has the chin, power and will to KO Rios in a war.. Im still on the fence with this one to be honest.. I don't even know who im going to bet on and it's fight week..

Do you know the betting line on this fight? I don't see a line out on Bovada.
i think it's a pick'em fight, don't get me wrong. my point was that this is the type of opponent that stylistically Rios has always looked at his best against- a guy who doesn't give a **** about trying to box him or using defense and fully welcomes exchanges. there's always the chance that alvarado might be too big/strong/ have too good of a chin though. I'm edging Rios here cause he's a more skilled boxer but definitely wouldn't be shocked by Alvarado pulling it out and being too big and strong for him. Either way this is a clear case of Arum picking someone who's a perfect style match up for his fighter. This is why there'll never be an Abril rematch and you'll never see Rios against a pure boxer again.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum