Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-30-2008, 05:37 PM   #46
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Yeah, the Prince was sooo over rated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_Roberto
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
i dont know if this thread is sarcasm or not but all i saw in this video was Ring Entrances and showboating.
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2008, 05:38 PM   #47
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_Roberto
Yo-- I was being sarcastic about him being over-rated.

What I mean is that he had talent, skills, ability, heart, and was a dominant champ for many years.
in that case you picked the wrong video to prove the haters wrong
Old 01-30-2008, 05:55 PM   #48
scott is cool
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I don't care if he was over-rated. He was fantastic to watch, I'd rarther watch an entertaining fighter, than an unstoppable boring figher.
scott is cool is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 06:14 PM   #49
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott is cool
I don't care if he was over-rated. He was fantastic to watch, I'd rarther watch an entertaining fighter, than an unstoppable boring figher.
Is that a Soccer guy in your avatar? Apply your reasons to watch Hamed to a sport like Soccer.
DobyZhee is online now  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 06:21 PM   #50
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambob
Yeah he was talented, but the difference between this video and a Mayweather highlight is that when you watch the Mayweather highlight you keep saying "Hey theres Chico, hey theres Chickenito, hey theres Zab, Gatti.", and so on. When you watch the Hamed video, you don't get any of that. You might say "Hey theres Kelley!", but the next one would have to be "Hey theres Barrera!" and that would be the END OF THE ****ING VIDEO.
That's cause your to stupid to know all the good fighters Naz fought.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 07:02 PM   #51
Outboxer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom
in that case you picked the wrong video to prove the haters wrong
Er, how so? You don't think that the video shows:

'talent, skills, ability, heart, and was a dominant champ' ?

You clearly see a ridiculous amount of talent/skills/ability in the form of (firstly) his frightening punching power (the vid showcases quite a few knockouts or knockdowns) as well as his speed of hands and feet (which can be seen in clips such as his chain punching of that guy on the ropes, or dancing around another one dodging every shot while jabbing him, or easily weaving away from Robinson's attacks) and you see his heart in the Kelley clips, because he had to get up from the canvas more than once to knock Kelley down so many times. The clips show domination. Just because he's showboating WHILE dominating doesn't somehow erase the fact that he's showing impressive physical gifts. So yes, everything that Stone_Roberto mentioned is in that video. Saying that the video only had 'ring entrances and showboating' is plain silly. Yes, there was a lot of attention devoted to those things -- after all, this IS a Naseem highlight, and to leave those things out would be criminal -- but there was a lot of impressive stuff that accompanied them. It's still a showcase of boxing, not just flashy entrances.

I'm not saying Naseem was an ATG or a legend, but he did have a hell of a lot of talent, and the video does in fact showcase what Roberto was talking about.
Outboxer is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 07:09 PM   #52
Jetset78
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3653

I think Naz was an amazing talent. Unfortunately after leaving Brendan Ingle he seemed to lose he hunger, stopped training properly and arrogantly tried to rely on his KO power.

It's a very sad story about potentially the most talented fighter Britain has ever produced.
Jetset78 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 07:36 PM   #53
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outboxer
Er, how so? You don't think that the video shows:

'talent, skills, ability, heart, and was a dominant champ' ?

You clearly see a ridiculous amount of talent/skills/ability in the form of (firstly) his frightening punching power (the vid showcases quite a few knockouts or knockdowns) as well as his speed of hands and feet (which can be seen in clips such as his chain punching of that guy on the ropes, or dancing around another one dodging every shot while jabbing him, or easily weaving away from Robinson's attacks) and you see his heart in the Kelley clips, because he had to get up from the canvas more than once to knock Kelley down so many times. The clips show domination. Just because he's showboating WHILE dominating doesn't somehow erase the fact that he's showing impressive physical gifts. So yes, everything that Stone_Roberto mentioned is in that video. Saying that the video only had 'ring entrances and showboating' is plain silly. Yes, there was a lot of attention devoted to those things -- after all, this IS a Naseem highlight, and to leave those things out would be criminal -- but there was a lot of impressive stuff that accompanied them. It's still a showcase of boxing, not just flashy entrances.

I'm not saying Naseem was an ATG or a legend, but he did have a hell of a lot of talent, and the video does in fact showcase what Roberto was talking about.

you saw what you wanted to see, like i said all i saw was ring entrances and showboating with a few glimpses of KOs that not show a hint of the speed you are saying.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:38 PM   #54
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom
you saw what you wanted to see, like i said all i saw was ring entrances and showboating with a few glimpses of KOs that not show a hint of the speed you are saying.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:54 PM   #55
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

One of my fav fighters. He was entertaining and in his prime would have been a problem for anyone not a masterboxer. Good thing he didnt get in there with JMM when there was talks of it.
dangerousity is online now  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 08:57 PM   #56
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousity
One of my fav fighters. He was entertaining and in his prime would have been a problem for anyone not a masterboxer. Good thing he didnt get in there with JMM when there was talks of it.
He avoided espinosa like the plague as well. Whats so mysterious about Naz is that he seem to have avoided alot of top tier fighters

heres a sample of Hameds hypocrisy in avoiding JMM

How about Juan Manuel Marquez? Marquez came out of the blue, in the sense he never fought anybody of any credibility or stature. He needed to prove himself and that he was rated fairly by the WBO. The first time he fought anyone of note, Norwood, he lost.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 11:24 PM   #57
Chunk
tallaght boy
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101
Hamed's hit list includes:

Vasquez (37, but still the reigning WBA champion)
Johnson (long reigning IBF champion)
Kelley (once beated former champion)
Medina (multi-time titlist who win go on to win titles on sveral oocasions)
McCoullaugh (granit chinned bantamweight titlist who was defeated far more easily than he was against Morales)
Ingle (future IBF titleholder)
Bungu (long reigning titlist at 122lbs)
Soto (reigning WBC titlist)

Pretty good resume, all things considered. Hamed may be overrated in a h2h sense, but his accomplishments at 126lbs are underrated, because he was pretty dominant against solid opposition in the 90's.
spot on.....
Chunk is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 12:55 PM   #58
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlugInBabies
what in nipples name are you talking about?

how would you know the in's and out's of my views on hamed?

hamed was a very good fighter who unified and dominated the FW division over a good six year period. HOF fame material and one of the finest fighters the UK has exported over the past 15-20 years.

it's amazing how peoples sense of reason goes completely out of the window when hamed's name comes up. they can never separate the boxer from the man.

Plug in and LISTEN.......

Hamed's resume is way overrated Nothing to do with his personality. EXAMINE THE RECORD'S of hamed's 'great" wins. When you do? You see that most of the guy's they beat, HAD FEW QUALITY WINS!! They fought mostly stiff's. You're touting wins over guy's who are being OVER RATED for the comparison.

So do you value the number or the meaning behind it??

CHECK IT OUT.......IT ALL CAME TRUE.......FIRST ELITE Fighter he faced. His game was LIMITED. So while he did have excellent power for that weight? It takes more than that against the top guy's

C Money is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 02:36 PM   #59
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718
That's cause your to stupid to know all the good fighters Naz fought.
Bingo. Ive already posted the list on here too many times to go through it again...he fought a bunch of damn good fighters and champions.
Illmatic is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 02:42 PM   #60
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba
He avoided espinosa like the plague as well. Whats so mysterious about Naz is that he seem to have avoided alot of top tier fighters

heres a sample of Hameds hypocrisy in avoiding JMM

How about Juan Manuel Marquez? Marquez came out of the blue, in the sense he never fought anybody of any credibility or stature. He needed to prove himself and that he was rated fairly by the WBO. The first time he fought anyone of note, Norwood, he lost.
If espinosa wanted a fight then he shouldve beaten Soto and Sanchez, two Hamed victims.

And Norwood for that matter was a paper titlist, who beat Marquez. Taking a title that was rightfully won by Hamed b/c of the usual politics.

Marquez was offered a fight, he rejected it and went for the easier title...and lost...when have we seen that before from Marquez? He was a nobody at that point.
Illmatic is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum