Old 10-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #1
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250
Default Yoshihiro Kamegai vs. Jorge Silva RBR

Main event forthcoming.

IB's RBR disclaimer:

DO NOT ASK FOR LINKS! Do not hint for them. Do not ask "what channel?". Do not make any post that could be interpreted as insinuating a link request, even if it sounds innocent (ie stuff like "Gee, I don't have a way to watch this" or "if only this was televised where I live...")

All that stuff will a) get you banned and b) clutter up my thread with quickly deleted posts. The folks at ESB do not want to get sued and therefore have adopted a VERY strict policy of zero-tolerance on stream requests to cover their butts. The moderators DO enforce this policy. The moderators are doing what they're supposed to be doing and should only take action if you are breaking rules. Please don't clutter up my threads with posts that are going to get deleted and muck up each page. It's unseemly and disrupts everyone else's enjoyment.

Thank you.

PS. My only other rule in these threads is that, as a matter of courtesy, you refrain from posting spoilers if you are aware of undercard results that most people are going to see televised on delay. Also, if there are two events going on at once keep all discussion of the other card in its own thread, and don't cross-contaminate with spoilers between the two. Thanks.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
What If I Lose?
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Yoshihiro Kamegai vs. Jorge Silva RBR

Kamegai's power... is it legit?
What If I Lose? is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #3
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

My updates on the co-feature (tuned in during the 4th):

• Velazquez is giving him HELL!!! Keeping him on the ropes and landing some hard shots (taking some in the process) and walking his ass down. About halfway through. Seriously, Linares is getting WORKED.

• Into the 6th now, and Linares is getting absolutely drowned in the deep end. Velazquez is mauling the kid, landing body shots at will and forcing Linares to brawl with him.

• Linares is doing better in the 8th, has gotten into rhythm on the outside throwing counters. He might eke this out on points if he banked enough early. It no longer looks like Velazquez has a grind-down TKO in hand...

• Jorge Linares beat Hector Velazquez by UD, 100-89, 98-91, and 97-91. The crowd booed the decision, LOUDLY. From the half an eye I was keeping on it (butting up against Fuentes vs. Calderon) Velazquez definitely nabbed a chunk of the middle rounds and had Linares looking ragged. Linares did find a second wind and finish well countering in rhythm from the outside, however.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #4
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 10-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #5
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by What If I Lose? View Post
Kamegai's power... is it legit?

Let's put it this way: if they hurry up and get these ring walks over with, this could be over before Vazquez vs. Oquendo ring walks begin on the PR card.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #6
What If I Lose?
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Let's put it this way: if they hurry up and get these ring walks over with, this could be over before Vazquez vs. Oquendo ring walks begin on the PR card.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #7
What If I Lose?
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Sapporo is one of my favorite beers.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #8
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Jorge "Pantera" Silva looks fit and ready.

Kamegai, unassuming with his mop top and sort of stringy physique, nonetheless looks very dangerous with that cold look in his eye while shadowboxing in his corner.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #9
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Round 1

Kamegai steps forward and puts up a high guard as Silva works the body with his right hand and sweeps out a left uppercut. Kamegai presses in and works a right hand to the face, then plants a left hook between Silva's eyes. Kamegai catches shots on his crossed forearms while stalking. Jab by Kamegai, then back into high guard. Silva wails away from outside, and lands a HUGE LEFT UPPERCUT TO THE JAW!! Kamegai's head is rocked back, and he holds Silva. BIG RIGHT HAND BY SILVA!! Kamegai's hair stands on end as he is frozen by the punch, unsure how to react momentarily. Silva continues to hack away over the top as Kamegai gets his guard reassembled. Kamegai jabs at him from outside, and loads up a big right hand that scrapes his shoulder. Silva bounces around on the outside, back to the ropes, throwing uppercuts. Kamegai tries to work his way in behind a straight right hand, and gets countered hard with a left hook!! 1-2 by Silva! Lead right by Silva, and he shrugs at Kamegai as though to say "Let's fight!"

10-9 Silva
Old 10-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #10
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Upset brewing?!?
Old 10-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #11
rorschach51
Bam Bam Warrior!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Silva gave him hell in the first round.
rorschach51 is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #12
des3995
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5985

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Upset brewing?!?
Could be.

Silva showboating too much too early. He had t accomplished enough in this fight to be feeling so comfy.
des3995 is online now  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #13
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Round 2

Kamegai is holding his guard up high and gets drilled in the body by a right and a cutting left from Silva. Big 1-2 by Kamegai after pushing Silva to the ropes. Slapping left hook to the body by Silva, and a few misses up top. Clinch. Break. Right hand over the top by Silva. Kamegai takes another one and steps forward, doubling a hook to head and body. High jab by Silva, snapping Kamegai's head back. Silva dances away from Kamegai's jab. Hard body shots flipped up by Kamegai while coming forward. Kamegai digs a right to the body and pins Silva in the corner. BIG RIGHT HAND by Silva to get out. Looping shots to the sides of the head by Silva, shoving Kamegai back across the ring. Kamegai leans in against Silva and trades body shots with him. Silva puts a jab up into Kamegai's face. Left hook around the guard by Silva as Kamegai sticks him with a jab. Kamegai walks him to the ropes and misses a few clubbing rights. Body shots by Silva. Jab to the face by Kamegai. Left uppercut inside by Silva. Kamegai lands a combo on the ropes as Silva sits back. Left hook by Silva at the bell.

20-18 Silva
Old 10-06-2012, 11:16 PM   #14
rorschach51
Bam Bam Warrior!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Back to reality a little bit for Silva in that round.
rorschach51 is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #15
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Round 3

Powerful body shots by Kamegai. Silva is backed up to the ropes and rocked with right hands to the head. Silva is punching back but not affecting Kamegai as he was earlier. Flush 1-2 by Kamegai, and Silva grins and sticks his tongue out for some misdirection or gamesmanship.

10-9 Kamegai

29-28 Silva

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum