Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #16
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: FINALLY: The footage of Fury flooring Price in the ams!

just out of curiosity did price get back up and who won ?

ok,just read above,price twated him then,nuff said
widdy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #17
AliShuffle
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 575

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdy View Post
just out of curiosity did price get back up and who won ?

ok,just read above,price twated him then,nuff said
Price won.
AliShuffle is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #18
brickfists
The Nonpareil
ESB Addict

vCash: 542

even if Price did get up and win it was years ago in the ams, take it with a pinch of salt, Fury ices him now
brickfists is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #19
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickfists View Post
even if Price did get up and win it was years ago in the ams, take it with a pinch of salt, Fury ices him now
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #20
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico
vCash: 75

Price has put on 2 stone to steady himself since his AM days

Price will massacre Fury
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #21
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

That's defo them, It's a clump to side of head and knocks him off balance. Good timing, if it landed on chin probs would of done far more damage.

Fury beats Price IMO, Would like to see the whole fight there mind you. Either way Tyson did well for a 17 year old.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #22
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
That's defo them, It's a clump to side of head and knocks him off balance. Good timing, if it landed on chin probs would of done far more damage.

Fury beats Price IMO, Would like to see the whole fight there mind you. Either way Tyson did well for a 17 year old.
Fury could come out and batter Price into submission and he still wouldn't get his due on here among british fans.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #23
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Why do you feel Fury would beat Price?
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #24
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
Why do you feel he wouldn't? He's improved a shit load in the past year or so,he's had his off moments ( when his child was sick in hospital ) but he's come on a long way since then.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #25
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgore View Post
Fury could come out and batter Price into submission and he still wouldn't get his due on here among british fans.
I agree mate, sad really but sure Fury embraces the hate now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
I feel a lot is made of him being his with right hands by smaller, stocky fighters in a time period where his head's not been right. Lot of issues mentally i feel he's also coming into a good period of his career. There seems to be developments technically and when he does concentrate i do feel he's a pretty good fighter technically for his age at HW.

I think he's got the ability to take Price into a fight, he's got the variation and willingness to mix and go at different ranges he's nice on the inside and works well at range. I fear for Price's chin more then Fury's and i think Fury's a more mobile fighter. And Price i think wouldn't like not being in the control of the fight. Fury fights at quite a high pace for a HW. Price likes to control and think, but if Fury lets his hands go, how will he far.

Just my thoughts but i haven't seen enough evidence of Price being able to deal with a dogfight in 5th and 6th round he's quite top heavy, will his shoulders sag? will he be as technically sound when he's tired?. He's looked great so far but i just get the feeling he's the sort of guy who may not be as good as Fury is at turning the fight around. When chips are down etc, so far been very one sided. When Price gets backed up, he squares up and backs up in a straight line. The questions over his chin as well are a worry, so for as much as people say about Fury's issues i don't see Price as imperious as others do.

Price has looked good, i understand arguments for him winning but i feel Tyson beats him. Just got that feeling Tyson hurts him, and has the ability to box and fight with him.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #26
JamieC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

my one major gripe with fury (theres some minor things that can easily be worked on) is the fact that for a man of his size hes no puncher, his punch form really needs work, he throws good combos, mixing head and body well with good speed, but when it comes to knocking people out he should be getting his size into the punch and icing people, thats his major flaw imo but a training camp with manny steward or someone would sort that right out
JamieC is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #27
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I agree mate, sad really but

I feel a lot is made of him being his with right hands by smaller, stocky fighters in a time period where his head's not been right. Lot of issues mentally i feel he's also coming into a good period of his career. There seems to be developments technically and when he does concentrate i do feel he's a pretty good fighter technically for his age at HW.

I think he's got the ability to take Price into a fight, he's got the variation and willingness to mix and go at different ranges he's nice on the inside and works well at range. I fear for Price's chin more then Fury's and i think Fury's a more mobile fighter. And Price i think wouldn't like not being in the control of the fight. Fury fights at quite a high pace for a HW. Price likes to control and think, but if Fury lets his hands go, how will he far.

Just my thoughts but i haven't seen enough evidence of Price being able to deal with a dogfight in 5th and 6th round he's quite top heavy, will his shoulders sag? will he be as technically sound when he's tired?. He's looked great so far but i just get the feeling he's the sort of guy who may not be as good as Fury is at turning the fight around. When chips are down etc, so far been very one sided. When Price gets backed up, he squares up and backs up in a straight line. The questions over his chin as well are a worry, so for as much as people say about Fury's issues i don't see Price as imperious as others do.

Price has looked good, i understand arguments for him winning but i feel Tyson beats him. Just got that feeling Tyson hurts him, and has the ability to box and fight with him.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #28
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgore View Post
Why do you feel he wouldn't? He's improved a shit load in the past year or so,he's had his off moments ( when his child was sick in hospital ) but he's come on a long way since then.
You think he's improved a lot in the last year?! Based off his performances v Pajkic, Rogan & Maddalone, none of whom have been a step up on class (in fact you could easily argue each of them three were progressively worse fights), I've seen no improvement in the Fury of the Chisora fight and instead think he's getting rather confused with his style. What was the idea behind fighting southpaw vs Rogan?! There was no threat to be negated by it and just took away his best pubch, the left jab.

Setting Fury's weaknesses aside, I've seen more in Price that makes me think he'd beat Fury and go on to have a more successful career. His jab is more authorative and is primarily used to set up the big right hand. Fury's is more effective off the back foot to score points with IMO rather than as a way to set up combinations. That's fine vs smaller less mobile heavyweights but ineffective against a man of Price's stature I feel.

I also believe Price is more set in the style he wants to adopt. Since Butler on when his opposition has improved, he's fought in pretty much the same manner. Leading off behind the jab and using his height & reach aa well as a reactive high guard to evade punches. Taking charge of the fight on the front foot and looking for the straight right and uppercuts when the opportunity presents itself. It's pretty basic but Wladimir has shown that when you have such physical attributes in your favour vs. your opponents, basic at times is most effective. I'm not saying he's anywhere near the level of Wlad yet but he's progressing well and looking more comfortable with each fight he's having.

So basicslly, I think Price would win the battle if the jabs, is more sound defensively and certainly carries the greater power. Eith the hab being key for both, I'd see him being able to control the fight from there. And don't forget- Fury's the only one to have gone down as a pro(vs the quite light hitting Pajkic) so how are we to kbow he has the edge in the chin department. Price possesses the advantages in the key areas for me, that's why I think he'd win.
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #29
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieC View Post
my one major gripe with fury (theres some minor things that can easily be worked on) is the fact that for a man of his size hes no puncher, his punch form really needs work, he throws good combos, mixing head and body well with good speed, but when it comes to knocking people out he should be getting his size into the punch and icing people, thats his major flaw imo but a training camp with manny steward or someone would sort that right out
He's scored some sickening knockouts,when he plants his feet he punches ****ing hard! The thing with Fury is he's quite happy moving about and busting people open with his jab,or going to the body,which he's damn good at to be fair,when he lets his hands go inside people flop.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #30
Danebrogen
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Price has a tiny head and a glass chin. He will fold like a piece of toilet paper the moment he gets hit by a solid punch. British hype job. Fury on the other hand is the real deal.
Danebrogen is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum