Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-12-2012, 02:18 AM   #1
Skittlez
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Hmm. Would Lennox, Wladimir and Audley have won Gold if Felix fought at SHW and in 88

Pretty interesting, because the Gold Medal is a big part of Lennox, Wladimir and of course Audley's life stories.

If Savon had fought in 88(boycott issues) and fought at SHW at Atlanta and Sydney, a case could be made that Lennox,Wlad and Audley would not have won Gold at all.

Savon was 6'5-6'6 and could easily go a few pounds North and enter SHW.

3:41 could have been Wladimir.... ACTUALLY it would have been Wladimir if Vitali didn't get caught for steroids.......

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhi5rTgYu70[/ame]
Skittlez is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 02:23 AM   #2
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 118
Default Re: Hmm. Would Lennox, Wladimir and Audley have won Gold if Felix fought at SHW and i

Savon ducked the pros.
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 02:54 AM   #3
locard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495
Default Re: Hmm. Would Lennox, Wladimir and Audley have won Gold if Felix fought at SHW and i

Savon had the tools to beat them, if he didn't get KO'd first, that is

remember, he's Cuban, therefore his chin is nothing to write home about
locard is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 03:03 AM   #4
Montero
Left Hook from HELL!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Here's who Savon beat to win his gold medals in the heavyweight division:
92 - David Izonritei
96 - David Defiagbon
00 - Sultan Ibragimov

Not exactly a muderer's row of super heavyweight power. Obviously Ibragimov is much better than Audley Harrison, but none of those 3 fighters are in the same galaxy as Lewis and Klitschko.

I think Savon would beat Harrison, but not Wlad and Lennox.
Montero is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 04:59 AM   #5
Antsu
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1347

Harrison was superb amateur. One of the best superheavys ever in amateurs
Antsu is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 05:15 AM   #6
Povetkinfan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 45207

Given that an 18year old Chagaev beat Savon comfortably, then it's virtually certain that he would have been totally dominated by Wlad and Lewis!

Oh, and again with the lies about Vitali taking steroids! Constantly repeating a lie will never change it into the truth!

Clearly the o.p has a bee in his bonnet about the K bros, and just included Lewis and Audley as a misdirect.
Povetkinfan is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 05:38 AM   #7
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 5526

I think some people are missing the elephant standing in the room here, that in fact Savon although big wasn't a Super Heavyweight, but a regular Heavyweight (< 200lbs, Cruiser in pro boxing) in his whole amature career. Certainly in '88 when he was pretty young.

The Super HW was Stevenson's and later Baldado's domain if it came to Cuban competitors. So he wouldn't even have competed at the weight if the Cubans would have attended the '88 Olympics.
He aslo probably couldn't have coped with the best Super Heavies in that time, wich he showed by being dropped twice in the '91 world HW final by a non puncher and only getting away with the win because of his name/reputation, leaving a booing crowd behind.

So the answer to your question is a very big YES... LL, Wlad and even Audley would still have won gold.
Robney is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum