Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-30-2008, 06:46 PM   #46
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ring Magazines top 10 heavyweights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeIsGod
i was very impressed with peter after that fight. he showed tremendous chin, heart, and determination.
Same here

He didn't show very many technical skills (if any), but he showed a rock solid chin and heart in that fight. I think taking those shots from Wladimir softened up his chin a lot. You can only take so much.

In a rematch, Wladimir knocks him out
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2008, 06:47 PM   #47
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
another brilliant boxingGuru avatar
Even though I'm a fan of Peter and Guzman, I will be the first to say that he does a nice job with his avatars. He's creative
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 06:48 PM   #48
KobeIsGod
Who Necks?!?
ESB Addict

vCash: 1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher33
I doubt it, but if Peter does lose by some freak accident, I might leave ESB for awhile, I dont think I could take guys like you, RUSKULL, and boxingGuru, making threads about Peter losing. That being said, Peter is going to make a huge statement by knocking Maskaev out in short fashion.
how do u handicap the peter-maskaev fight. i'd say 55-45 peter right now. but i wouldn't be surprised if it's postponed again. maybe vitali would step in for maskaev
KobeIsGod is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 06:52 PM   #49
smbsmd
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1222

guys, listen up. I was born in 1983 and in my passport place of birth is USSR. So since all these guys are older than me they must have the same, if not in their passports then in their birth certificates.

so you can actually say "they are all Russian" meaning they were all born in Soviet Union.
smbsmd is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 07:00 PM   #50
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
how do u handicap the peter-maskaev fight. i'd say 55-45 peter right now. but i wouldn't be surprised if it's postponed again. maybe vitali would step in for maskaev
Before the Mccline fight I had it 80-20 Peter, now I have it 70-30 Peter. Samuel had a bad night, a night he didnt prepare for, I really dont see that type a fight happening again. I have watched a ton videos of both fighters from boxing archives, barring him getting caught with something early on, Peter will either knockout Maskeav with an overhand right or jab and body punch his way to a late round stoppage or a wide decision.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 07:12 PM   #51
KobeIsGod
Who Necks?!?
ESB Addict

Quote:
if Peter does lose by some freak accident, I might leave ESB for awhile
that's a good idea! if that happens, i guarantee this board will be flooded with Scam Cheater threads
Old 01-30-2008, 07:16 PM   #52
Tunney5
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyrighthand
I don't agree, at all, with Peter being ahead of Chag, OR Sultan. Or even Oleg, for that matter.
Yes, Peter is overrated.

Sam's best win is over a shot, overweight, past-prime James Toney (many thought he lost their first fight). And Peter doesn't have as much power as some people believe. He was taken the distance by Hawkins, who was stopped a few years ago by Maskaev and recently by Virchis. Sam did not knock McCline down, but Jameel had previously been stopped in the 10th round by Wladimir.
Tunney5 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 07:21 PM   #53
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
that's a good idea! if that happens, i guarantee this board will be flooded with Scam Cheater threads
No, if that does happen I will take my punishment, you live by the sword, you die by the sword. So how do you see the Maskaev/Peter fight going?
Old 01-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #54
KobeIsGod
Who Necks?!?
ESB Addict

Quote:
No, if that does happen I will take my punishment, you live by the sword, you die by the sword. So how do you see the Maskaev/Peter fight going?
this is a very hard fight to predict imo. All the people picking Peter by Ko with such conviction are Like Guru has stated several times, peter has yet to ko any live hw let alone a top 10 guy. i think either guy could win by ko or decision.

So many questions for both guys? Maskaev's age, inactivity, injuries are huge questions. His chin will always remain a concern as well. Then again, so are Peter's training, punch resistance, and ego. Being surrounded by Don King, Dino Duva, and Gotzev can't be good for him either. Duva was recently suspended for scorecard watching and who knows what else.

both guys can crack. maskaev has better technique and two fisted skill but peter has a done a good job learning to straighten out his punches and become more of a patient fighter. i just hope this will be an exciting fight and we avoid any more delays. I wouldn't mind seeing vitali step in but these 2 guys need to fight other.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:44 PM   #55
jopez707
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 497

I agree with the list exept for Virchis, whom i'd switch with Ruiz...otherwise good list.

Last edited by MrB; 01-20-2007 at 04:18 AM.
jopez707 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 08:00 PM   #56
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
this is a very hard fight to predict imo. All the people picking Peter by Ko with such conviction are Like Guru has stated several times, peter has yet to ko any live hw let alone a top 10 guy. i think either guy could win by ko or decision.

So many questions for both guys? Maskaev's age, inactivity, injuries are huge questions. His chin will always remain a concern as well. Then again, so are Peter's training, punch resistance, and ego. Being surrounded by Don King, Dino Duva, and Gotzev can't be good for him either. Duva was recently suspended for scorecard watching and who knows what else.

both guys can crack. maskaev has better technique and two fisted skill but peter has a done a good job learning to straighten out his punches and become more of a patient fighter. i just hope this will be an exciting fight and we avoid any more delays. I wouldn't mind seeing vitali step in but these 2 guys need to fight other.
Fair enough, I think the biggest reason was the competition Peter has faced effected his knockout ratio, Toney might be one of the hardest fighters to knockout because you can rarely hit him clean, but Peter still hurt Toney and knocked him down as well, which is more than you could say for former champs that couldnt, Holyfield, Rahman, and Ruiz. Peter also fought Mccline who's a very big man at 6'6 260, who was only TKO'd by a a bigger puncher in Wlad, Mccline also faced another big puncher in Briggs and was able to make through with the victory.

I think all in all this will finally be Peters chance to fight an oppenent he's prepared for and who doesnt have an iron chin, this should be the match Peter really proves himself to the world.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:12 PM   #57
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 2811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Lowe
You guys must be pretty bored to debate as long as you have over what quantifies a "Russian". Give it a rest.

Back to the subject, J.C. Gomez probably should be in the top 10.
It's a toss up to me between Liakhovich & Gomez
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 08:14 PM   #58
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingGuru
How Scam Cheater is ranked #2 is beyond comprehension. It just goes to show you how corrupt this sport is now. Absolutely no wins over any top guys except a shot James Toney and he's ranked 2?
Exactly, just ask Punisher33 or Zakman & they'll tell you that Peter WILL KO Maskaev as if he already did. Funny shit really.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 08:17 PM   #59
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
I doubt it, but if Peter does lose by some freak accident, I might leave ESB for awhile, I dont think I could take guys like you, RUSKULL, and boxingGuru, making threads about Peter losing. That being said, Peter is going to make a huge statement by knocking Maskaev out in short fashion.
Like I said, here is Punisher33 ranking Peter based on a future victory! We aren't all clairvoyant like he is so I guess we'll actually wait for the fight before giving Peter credit for any percieved brutal KO.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 08:22 PM   #60
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSKULL
Like I said, here is Punisher33 ranking Peter based on a future victory! We aren't all clairvoyant like he is so I guess we'll actually wait for the fight before giving Peter credit for any percieved brutal KO.
I rank Peter at 2 or 3, based on his most recent accomplishments. I dont know if you read any of previous posts, but the only other fighter I could see anyone ranking ahead of Peter at the 2 spot is Chagaev, I gave a very arguement to support my claim, I would love for you tell me why you have Iggy ahead of Sam Peter?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum