Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #76
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816
Default Re: Froch V Calzaghe. A Close Fight?

I think Froch is a bit too straight up and Calzaghe had a good chin and was tireless. It'd be like the Dirrell fight, except Calzaghe winning and not fighting like a fag like Andre did.
turbotime is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #77
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 191

Calzaghes chin is overrated. B-hop put him down who hasn't knocked anyboy out in almost 9 nine years. His weak record is also overrated .
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #78
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 587

Froch's right hand was landing well against southpaw Bute, and Calzaghe has eaten a few of those in his career. Close fight, but I still give the edge to Prime Calzaghe who would adapt and cruise on to the final bell.

However if Froch stunned Calzaghe at any point, I can see Froch finishing Calzaghe off, Froch is a good finisher with an iron chin.
realsoulja is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #79
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Calzaghe walks all over Froch, boxing lesson, to fast, to technical, to clever. Easy work.

I understand why Froch gets the support he gets, I fully understand it 100%, but he is average and limited, one of the most stiffest and awkward fighters, people use the excuse of "he takes a while to get going", but I've seen time and time again, Froch throw some weird looking half arsed slow mo jab and get pummeled with 2-3 punches and out, while Carl is still in the process of getting his jab out there.

Froch will get pampered now until the end of his career, that f*cker Hearn knows he can't take a piece of cake of Ward. Just like Hatton, he is a level below elite, but luckily for Froch he's got a promoter who realizes that, and you won't see him like Hatton out of his depth and struggling for oxygen laid out on his back. But Hearn knows he will get exposed time and time again if he fights Ward ever again.

Ward beats Froch half asleep for me. I don't care who over hypes him.

"Yusaf Mack" Don't make me laugh! "Mandatory at IBF" f*cking laughable!

All about building Frochy up now, with a promoter in that tit Hearn who's gonna look for any way out of fighting trouble. Same with Brook, the same "IBF Route" Hahahahahaha

And I think Ward beats Calzaghe to. But Calzaghe-Froch? No question in my mind.

Calzaghe Lacy all over again.

Sorry Froch fans. :(
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #80
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
Froch's right hand was landing well against southpaw Bute, and Calzaghe has eaten a few of those in his career. Close fight, but I still give the edge to Prime Calzaghe who would adapt and cruise on to the final bell.

However if Froch stunned Calzaghe at any point, I can see Froch finishing Calzaghe off, Froch is a good finisher with an iron chin.

This fight is pretty much guaranteed to go the distance, both guys have cast iron chins. Though Froch knocking Calzaghe down is a possibility, Joe would still win though
knockout artist is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #81
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:

Thats excatly the way I look at it. Froch has a massive punchers chance and im just speculating a possibilty. A volume puncher will suit Froch and when he trades off on Froch he will land something back. It only takes one to land clean and as you said Carl is a great finnisher.

Its not as black and white as people make it out to be.

Old 10-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #82
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post
I'm in college full time. Not much time for anything else these days.
cool.
assasin is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #83
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Calzaghes chin is overrated. B-hop put him down who hasn't knocked anyboy out in almost 9 nine years. His weak record is also overrated .
but hopkins didn't knock him out you fool. plus, it was the timing of the punch with a shove at the end that dropped him, not the power of the punch.
assasin is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #84
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

froch is a good puncher, but not a big one. he's coming nowhere near to stopping calzaghe. in fact, he won't get many punches off. too many angles, too much speed, too many combinations.

froch doesn't even have a good defence. that's not a good thing to have when facing joe.
assasin is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #85
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
This fight is pretty much guaranteed to go the distance, both guys have cast iron chins. Though Froch knocking Calzaghe down is a possibility, Joe would still win though
i see the world ending before i see froch drop calzaghe. hasn't got the power or the timing to do that.
assasin is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #86
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Thats excatly the way I look at it. Froch has a massive punchers chance and im just speculating a possibilty. A volume puncher will suit Froch and when he trades off on Froch he will land something back. It only takes one to land clean and as you said Carl is a great finnisher.

Its not as black and white as people make it out to be.

massive punchers chance?

the rest of your post is just as delusional.
assasin is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #87
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

this is too stupid to be a serious thread.
assasin is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #88
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Assasin who the **** are you at the end of the day?. Nobdy. You dont even make threads, you just come onto other people's threads and kick off like a billy goat . Worst thing about you is you're not even entertaining , you're boring.

Now get back on your mule and **** off down the back road you came in on..
Old 10-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #89
Jimbob
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Froch would give Calzaghe a tough, competitive fight. I see it as being one of those fights were the score cards are wide (obviously in favor of Calzaghe) but with each round being close. Some people make out as though it would be like Calzaghe vs Lacy, which is laughable and not giving Froch the credit he deserves.
Jimbob is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #90
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasin View Post
froch is a good puncher, but not a big one. he's coming nowhere near to stopping calzaghe. in fact, he won't get many punches off. too many angles, too much speed, too many combinations.

froch doesn't even have a good defence. that's not a good thing to have when facing joe.
Calzaghe has been floored 4 times in his career.

RJJ floored him with a right hand.
Hopkins floored him with a right hand.
Salem floored him with a right hand.
Mitchell floored him with a right hand.

This is not the only incident the southpaw has eaten right hands, Eubank, Reid and Kessler also had success with the right hand.

Carl Froch, he has that weapon in his arsenal, and demonstrated it to good affect against southpaw Magee, switch hitter Dirrell and southpaw Bute.

For these reasons I think Carl Froch would have success against Calzaghe but Calzaghe would eventually adapt and cruise to a UD as he did against Eubank, Reid and Kessler. However, if Froch stuns Calzaghe like Kabery Salem, or Byron Mithcell did (Salem and Mitchell are not on the same level as Froch) I can see a possible TKO for Carl Froch who is a good finisher and has a decent engine himself.

Don't misunderstand the above to be me thinking Froch would mos def KO Calzaghe, I am saying Froch has a legitimate punchers chance. If the fight does finish within the distance, we all can agree it would be Froch's hand raised, however I would still go for a Calzaghe UD for it makes more sense.
-------------------------------

Also, think about it whenever Calzaghe has been hurt he got up and came back like a whirlwind, he rarely fought on the backfoot and his main game is to fight from mid range and use his superior workrate. All this would play into Froch's style who would welcome the opportunity for a scrap especially if Calzaghe been rocked.
realsoulja is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum