Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #91
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 75
Default Re: Froch V Calzaghe. A Close Fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasin View Post
i see the world ending before i see froch drop calzaghe. hasn't got the power or the timing to do that.
Kabery Salem dropped Calzaghe.

Lets rephrase your above comment and laugh at it:-

i see the world ending before i see Salem drop calzaghe. hasn't got the power or the timing to do that.



Froch is alot better than Salem, Mitchell, Old Eubank and Old Jones. If they can have success with a right hand, so could the cobra.
----------------------------

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DclzJW_FnME[/ame]
realsoulja is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #92
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Froch V Calzaghe. A Close Fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasin View Post
i see the world ending before i see froch drop calzaghe. hasn't got the power or the timing to do that.

A KD is possible, but I can't see any scenario where Froch wins
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #93
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,565
vCash: 86
Default Re: Froch V Calzaghe. A Close Fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
A KD is possible, but I can't see any scenario where Froch wins
If you get knocked down by Froch he is going to stalk and swarm you when you get back up, and most likely you will be hurt. If that happens the outcome of the fight is significantly shifted in Froch's favour.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #94
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,765
vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch V Calzaghe. A Close Fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Assasin who the **** are you at the end of the day?. Nobdy. You dont even make threads, you just come onto other people's threads and kick off like a billy goat . Worst thing about you is you're not even entertaining , you're boring.

Now get back on your mule and **** off down the back road you came in on..
i'm Ass a sin on a boxing forum, no more no less.

i'm certainly not a "Nobdy" as i don't know what one of them is.

don't need to make threads. i've never made one since i've been on here. doesn't make anyone any less of a poster if they don't make threads. plenty already up to post in.

"kick off like a billy goat"? i'm not the one who's got their pantys in a twist.

sorry that i'm not entertaining. i don't see my purpose for being here as having to be "entertaining" just making posts that's all.
assasin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #95
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,765
vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch V Calzaghe. A Close Fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
Calzaghe has been floored 4 times in his career.

RJJ floored him with a right hand.
Hopkins floored him with a right hand.
Salem floored him with a right hand.
Mitchell floored him with a right hand.

This is not the only incident the southpaw has eaten right hands, Eubank, Reid and Kessler also had success with the right hand.

Carl Froch, he has that weapon in his arsenal, and demonstrated it to good affect against southpaw Magee, switch hitter Dirrell and southpaw Bute.

For these reasons I think Carl Froch would have success against Calzaghe but Calzaghe would eventually adapt and cruise to a UD as he did against Eubank, Reid and Kessler. However, if Froch stuns Calzaghe like Kabery Salem, or Byron Mithcell did (Salem and Mitchell are not on the same level as Froch) I can see a possible TKO for Carl Froch who is a good finisher and has a decent engine himself.

Don't misunderstand the above to be me thinking Froch would mos def KO Calzaghe, I am saying Froch has a legitimate punchers chance. If the fight does finish within the distance, we all can agree it would be Froch's hand raised, however I would still go for a Calzaghe UD for it makes more sense.
-------------------------------



Also, think about it whenever Calzaghe has been hurt he got up and came back like a whirlwind, he rarely fought on the backfoot and his main game is to fight from mid range and use his superior workrate. All this would play into Froch's style who would welcome the opportunity for a scrap especially if Calzaghe been rocked.
jones did floor him. calzaghe was 37 at the time. don't think too much should be made of that. jones hit him far harder and cleaner in the fight with joe not even blinking.

hopkins floored him with a perfectly timed punch. it wasn't the power.

joe didn't take salim seriously. it was a horrible fight with him leaving himself wide open in his attacks. not surprised he was put down. the two punches that did it though were good hard shots.

mitchell floored him with big right hook in close. mitchell was a huge puncher so it wasn't surprising to see joe hit the deck. it's what you do after you hit the deck that counts. he got up and stopped mitchell soon after. calzaghe showing the heart he did should be a cause for praise, not ridicule. mitchell is also ten times the puncher froch is.

reid had a lot of success with that lead right hand. and? he fights nothing like froch.
every fighter has fights in his career were there are fights that are hard. what is so surprising for you? and how many hard fights has froch had? and how many times does he get hit in these fights?

kessler did have success, yeah. but that would be expected from an undefeated fighter who is as good as kessler. though that success was minimal.
kessler also has a much better straight right hand than carl. carl mostly loops his right hand or brings it up with an uppercut. he actually doesn't throw the straight right that much to be fair. go and watch his fights, you'll be surprised at how much he doesn't throw that shot.

froch wouldn't come close to stopping calzaghe. he had a great chin. it took him 11 rounds to get magee out of there. didn't look like coming close to dropping pascal, let alone stopping him. took him twelve rounds to get taylor out of there. he hadn't had a knock down for ages until he got bute. carl hit him with loads of shots and he didn't even drop him... and bute doesn't even have a good chin. so stop with the bullshit, yeah.

if there's a stoppage, it would be calzaghe stopping froch with an accumulation of shots. froch doesn't put his hands up, he blocks with his ****ing head. calazghe would do some serious damage there. can you imagine what carls face would look like with that defence of his? doesn't bare thinking about.

you're living in dream land.
assasin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #96
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Froch V Calzaghe. A Close Fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
If you get knocked down by Froch he is going to stalk and swarm you when you get back up, and most likely you will be hurt. If that happens the outcome of the fight is significantly shifted in Froch's favour.
Froch would win a 10-8 round, and still lose the fight clearly. Froch isn't stopping Calzaghe
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #97
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,565
vCash: 86
Default Re: Froch V Calzaghe. A Close Fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
Froch would win a 10-8 round, and still lose the fight clearly. Froch isn't stopping Calzaghe
You dont see Calzaghe's performance phased by the knock in any way and see him carrying on full speed like nothing happened?
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #98
GlassJawsExist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,785
vCash: 496
Default Re: Froch V Calzaghe. A Close Fight?

Maybe all these fairytale fantasy fight threads involving long since retired fighters should be reserved for the Classic forum in future.
GlassJawsExist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #99
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,565
vCash: 86
Default Re: Froch V Calzaghe. A Close Fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasin View Post
jones did floor him. calzaghe was 37 at the time. don't think too much should be made of that. jones hit him far harder and cleaner in the fight with joe not even blinking.

hopkins floored him with a perfectly timed punch. it wasn't the power.

joe didn't take salim seriously. it was a horrible fight with him leaving himself wide open in his attacks. not surprised he was put down. the two punches that did it though were good hard shots.

mitchell floored him with big right hook in close. mitchell was a huge puncher so it wasn't surprising to see joe hit the deck. it's what you do after you hit the deck that counts. he got up and stopped mitchell soon after. calzaghe showing the heart he did should be a cause for praise, not ridicule. mitchell is also ten times the puncher froch is.

reid had a lot of success with that lead right hand. and? he fights nothing like froch.
every fighter has fights in his career were there are fights that are hard. what is so surprising for you? and how many hard fights has froch had? and how many times does he get hit in these fights?

kessler did have success, yeah. but that would be expected from an undefeated fighter who is as good as kessler. though that success was minimal.
kessler also has a much better straight right hand than carl. carl mostly loops his right hand or brings it up with an uppercut. he actually doesn't throw the straight right that much to be fair. go and watch his fights, you'll be surprised at how much he doesn't throw that shot.

froch wouldn't come close to stopping calzaghe. he had a great chin. it took him 11 rounds to get magee out of there. didn't look like coming close to dropping pascal, let alone stopping him. took him twelve rounds to get taylor out of there. he hadn't had a knock down for ages until he got bute. carl hit him with loads of shots and he didn't even drop him... and bute doesn't even have a good chin. so stop with the bullshit, yeah.

if there's a stoppage, it would be calzaghe stopping froch with an accumulation of shots. froch doesn't put his hands up, he blocks with his ****ing head. calazghe would do some serious damage there. can you imagine what carls face would look like with that defence of his? doesn't bare thinking about.

you're living in dream land.
What a load of shit. Calzaghe also kept his hands down.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #100
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,565
vCash: 86
Default Re: Froch V Calzaghe. A Close Fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassJaw***ist View Post
Maybe all these fairytale fantasy fight threads involving long since retired fighters should be reserved for the Classic forum in future.
Froch is an active fighter. Ive never seen you partake in a boxing debate, ever. There's something very off kilter about you.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #101
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,890
vCash: 1075
Default Re: Froch V Calzaghe. A Close Fight?

Even Froch said Calzaghe would win.

They were on ringside together a few weeks ago and he admitted it.
onourway is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #102
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,765
vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch V Calzaghe. A Close Fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
What a load of shit. Calzaghe also kept his hands down.
yeah, and how much success did his opponents have when he did this? practically zero. try again!
assasin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #103
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,565
vCash: 86
Default Re: Froch V Calzaghe. A Close Fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onourway View Post
Even Froch said Calzaghe would win.

They were on ringside together a few weeks ago and he admitted it.
That was more to save face. The tension between them was clear as day. Froch has been calling Joe out for years.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #104
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,765
vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch V Calzaghe. A Close Fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
That was more to save face. The tension between them was clear as day. Froch has been calling Joe out for years.
froch was calling calzaghe out... and? why would joe want to fight a british title holder who hadn't even fought anyone instead of the big fights with the big money in kessler, hopkins, and jones?
assasin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #105
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 75
Default Re: Froch V Calzaghe. A Close Fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasin View Post
jones did floor him. calzaghe was 37 at the time. don't think too much should be made of that. jones hit him far harder and cleaner in the fight with joe not even blinking.

hopkins floored him with a perfectly timed punch. it wasn't the power.

joe didn't take salim seriously. it was a horrible fight with him leaving himself wide open in his attacks. not surprised he was put down. the two punches that did it though were good hard shots.

mitchell floored him with big right hook in close. mitchell was a huge puncher so it wasn't surprising to see joe hit the deck. it's what you do after you hit the deck that counts. he got up and stopped mitchell soon after. calzaghe showing the heart he did should be a cause for praise, not ridicule. mitchell is also ten times the puncher froch is.

reid had a lot of success with that lead right hand. and? he fights nothing like froch.
every fighter has fights in his career were there are fights that are hard. what is so surprising for you? and how many hard fights has froch had? and how many times does he get hit in these fights?

kessler did have success, yeah. but that would be expected from an undefeated fighter who is as good as kessler. though that success was minimal.
kessler also has a much better straight right hand than carl. carl mostly loops his right hand or brings it up with an uppercut. he actually doesn't throw the straight right that much to be fair. go and watch his fights, you'll be surprised at how much he doesn't throw that shot.

froch wouldn't come close to stopping calzaghe. he had a great chin. it took him 11 rounds to get magee out of there. didn't look like coming close to dropping pascal, let alone stopping him. took him twelve rounds to get taylor out of there. he hadn't had a knock down for ages until he got bute. carl hit him with loads of shots and he didn't even drop him... and bute doesn't even have a good chin. so stop with the bullshit, yeah.

if there's a stoppage, it would be calzaghe stopping froch with an accumulation of shots. froch doesn't put his hands up, he blocks with his ****ing head. calazghe would do some serious damage there. can you imagine what carls face would look like with that defence of his? doesn't bare thinking about.

you're living in dream land.
You say I am living in a fantasy land?

You truck, we are discussing a fantasy boxing match between Carl Froch and Joe Calzaghe. There is no right or wrong answer but we have to try and be as reasonable as possible. I have given my reasons. You have given yours.

Magee fights cautiously, Pascal has a iron chin, and Taylor is a boxer who fights on the backfoot at times. Calzaghe is a come forward fighter.

Calzaghe's style and Froch's style would only complement each other. Froch would have his moments.

Do you think Calzaghe can hurt Froch?
IMO Froch can hurt Calzaghe if he lands a flush cork screw uppercut. But IMO, there is no way Calzaghe would hurt Froch, he may overwhelm Froch with a barrage of flurries but wont hurt Froch at all.
realsoulja is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013