Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2008, 01:22 PM   #16
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YUL
Posts: 38,158
vCash: 5685
Default Re: Clinching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber
Its a skill called cheating. Its especially successfull when Judges and Refs love you and everything you hold dear.
the refs love Hopkins?

are you high or just plain stupid?
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2008, 01:22 PM   #17
scott is cool
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Clinching

Hatton clinches a lot, but Hopkins though is the daddy of clinching. But they do it very well, so good on them.
scott is cool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:26 PM   #18
Shpion
IDF
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,343
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Clinching

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA
you're argument is completely illogical and off base. Ruiz is not one of the most talented of all time because he's been knocked out in 17 seconds by Tua, lost to Roy Jones who was moving up from light heavy, lost to Valuev, lost to Chagaev, lost to James Toney, lost to a shot Holyfield, and whose best wins are a UD against Rahman and a controversial decision against Golota.

you think that the reason he is not considered one of the most talented boxers of all times is because he clinches?
I am illogical? You are the one stated that the cheating techique called clinching should be considered as a skill.
Shpion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:39 PM   #19
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YUL
Posts: 38,158
vCash: 5685
Default Re: Clinching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpion
I am illogical? You are the one stated that the cheating techique called clinching should be considered as a skill.
I said your argument is illogical,

i said that it takes skill to be able to clinch and get away with it the way Hopkins does (i don't see how anyone can deny it), and then you said that Ruiz must be the most talented boxer in the world because he clinches so much, and that is a stupid reply.

OBVIOUSLY, Hopkins' skills are not limited to clinching, and Ruiz, as demonstrated by his career record, is not as talented as Hopkins or a shitload of other boxers.

Just cause it takes talent to clinch effectively, doesn't mean that the only people with talent are good clinchers.

I mean unless you are still in elementary school I don't see how you could fail to understand this.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:42 PM   #20
TFFP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Clinching

I always find it amusing how Hopkins incessant clinching is rarely if ever brought up, yet Hatton is derided as 'Huggy bear' and a 'wrestler' amongst others

Twats
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:49 PM   #21
Cabannero
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 274
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Clinching

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA
the refs love Hopkins?
J Nady called Hopkins 'the ring general' for that and added that B-Hop is 'very intelligent'. I coudn't believe the ref could say so unless he is career is over.
Cabannero is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:51 PM   #22
RICH
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Posts: 589
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Clinching

1) john ruiz
2) b-hop
3) hatton
4) oquendo
5) holyfield


I THINK THAT FIGHTERS THAT CLINCH KNOW THEY CLINCH SO WHEN THEY WORK OUT THE DETAILS TO UPCOMING FIGHTS THEY LOOK FOR REFS THAT UNDERSTAND THIS TO AVOID POINT REDUCTIONS.

Last edited by RICH; 01-30-2008 at 02:19 PM.
RICH is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:57 PM   #23
Shpion
IDF
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,343
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Clinching

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA
I said your argument is illogical,

i said that it takes skill to be able to clinch and get away with it the way Hopkins does (i don't see how anyone can deny it), and then you said that Ruiz must be the most talented boxer in the world because he clinches so much, and that is a stupid reply.

OBVIOUSLY, Hopkins' skills are not limited to clinching, and Ruiz, as demonstrated by his career record, is not as talented as Hopkins or a shitload of other boxers.

Just cause it takes talent to clinch effectively, doesn't mean that the only people with talent are good clinchers.

I mean unless you are still in elementary school I don't see how you could fail to understand this.
Obvioudly BH is 1000 times more talented than Ruiz, that was not even the point. The point is that he incorporates cheeting techniques pretty much in every fight, and has never been penilized for it, even minimally.
Shpion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:01 PM   #24
dan-b
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Clinching

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
I always find it amusing how Hopkins incessant clinching is rarely if ever brought up, yet Hatton is derided as 'Huggy bear' and a 'wrestler' amongst others

Twats
Maybe because the boxing Hopkins does in between his clinching is better.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:04 PM   #25
TFFP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Clinching

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b
Maybe because the boxing Hopkins does in between his clinching is better.
Hopkins also gets away with a lot of other stuff, when he isn't boxing or clinching

Besides, it's not the point. It's all cheating, and they should be bashed equally for hugging like a family reunion
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:07 PM   #26
dan-b
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Clinching

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
Hopkins also gets away with a lot of other stuff, when he isn't boxing or clinching

Besides, it's not the point. It's all cheating, and they should be bashed equally for hugging like a family reunion
Okay lets say I accept that, for arguments sake, do you agree Joe should be given the occasional ticking off for his slaps?
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:08 PM   #27
TFFP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Clinching

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b
Okay lets say I accept that, for arguments sake, do you agree Joe should be given the occasional ticking off for his slaps?
This is a thread on clinching
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:09 PM   #28
dan-b
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Clinching

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
This is a thread on clinching
You were the one who decided to bring up other infringements.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:10 PM   #29
TFFP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Clinching

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b
You were the one who decided to bring up other infringements.
You were the one that brought up boxing outside clinches
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:11 PM   #30
dan-b
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Clinching

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
You were the one that brought up boxing outside clinches
You were the one drawing comparisons between Hatton & Hopkins.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013