Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #16
JamieC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Khan and brook in negotiations!!!

wont happen anytime soon, especially if its dependent on brook winning a belt, he's still got 4 final eliminators til his shot, and then he'll face either Bailey or Alexander, both big asks, but especially Alexander
JamieC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #17
danieljenkins
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Kel knocks him out
danieljenkins is online now  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #18
Robert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

think Khan beats Brook easily think Hearn using Khan to sell Brook more
Robert is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #19
redandwhiterob
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Isn't this just a just a way of help gaining publicity for Brook and Khans upcoming fights
redandwhiterob is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #20
Knack
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 706

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieC View Post
wont happen anytime soon, especially if its dependent on brook winning a belt, he's still got 4 final eliminators til his shot, and then he'll face either Bailey or Alexander, both big asks, but especially Alexander
No he doesn't, Kell needs to get through next week's fight and he's got the title shot.
Knack is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #21
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Don't like Khan, never have, but now especially this new attitude going on way to big for his boots after his ass been exposed multiple times. He wanna pin his hopes on Virg transforming that chin for starters, needs it knocking back into place, even as great a coach/trainer Virgil Hunter is, I fail to see Khan changing what is needed, because I don't really think he is interested as much as he needs to be, it works both ways, you wanna put your wrongs and weaknesses right, you gotta work and want it. Far to many excuses over his defeats, rather than manning up and admiting it was his own fault. Roach this, Roach that.

I have serious doubt over Khans want, it was dwindling, but after the last couple of fights, I worry for his safety.

I think Brook could be very good, however, he also has weaknesses and seems to lack dedication, I don't think either will go right to the top because of this. The real champions are the ones who are the most dedicated and both of them come across as half asleep to me, not really bothered.

When I analyze the styles, I think Khan takes it mainly because of speed and output, IF he can improve his defence and gameplan under Virgil, I think its an easy night. Brook is a good fighter, OK defensively, but very static and that plays into Khans hands.

I don't even know if Brook would really want the fight, because he is getting the treatment of Hearns promotion, pampering his fighters down the IBF route. I think that ringside chat was telling, Brook seemed lost in the arguement, although we seen that before with DeGale vs Groves.

I think if the fight happens, I think Brook looses and everybody starts talking about and using Dominic Ingle as the excuse for the defeat.

And once again, I don't like Khan. But he takes this fight. UD.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #22
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Don't like Khan, never have, but now especially this new attitude going on way to big for his boots after his ass been exposed multiple times. He wanna pin his hopes on Virg transforming that chin for starters, needs it knocking back into place, even as great a coach/trainer Virgil Hunter is, I fail to see Khan changing what is needed, because I don't really think he is interested as much as he needs to be, it works both ways, you wanna put your wrongs and weaknesses right, you gotta work and want it. Far to many excuses over his defeats, rather than manning up and admiting it was his own fault. Roach this, Roach that.

I have serious doubt over Khans want, it was dwindling, but after the last couple of fights, I worry for his safety.

I think Brook could be very good, however, he also has weaknesses and seems to lack dedication, I don't think either will go right to the top because of this. The real champions are the ones who are the most dedicated and both of them come across as half asleep to me, not really bothered.

When I analyze the styles, I think Khan takes it mainly because of speed and output, IF he can improve his defence and gameplan under Virgil, I think its an easy night. Brook is a good fighter, OK defensively, but very static and that plays into Khans hands.

I don't even know if Brook would really want the fight, because he is getting the treatment of Hearns promotion, pampering his fighters down the IBF route. I think that ringside chat was telling, Brook seemed lost in the arguement, although we seen that before with DeGale vs Groves.

I think if the fight happens, I think Brook looses and everybody starts talking about and using Dominic Ingle as the excuse for the defeat.

And once again, I don't like Khan. But he takes this fight. UD.
To question Amir's dedication is stupid, the lad is always in top shape.

As for Brook..It's fair that you can question his dedication after the Jones fight, he looks in excellent shape for the Saldivia fight and has brought in a strength and conditioning coach for this camp, at least he's trying to take steps to bettering his self as a fighter, but we'll see how it turns out.

I'm sure Brook would love the fight, any good counter puncher with solid power would love a crack at Amir, why would you think he wouldn't..as for there little argument, I don't know why people read into things like that so much, Khan is simply a better talker.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #23
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
To question Amir's dedication is stupid, the lad is always in top shape.

As for Brook..It's fair that you can question his dedication after the Jones fight, he looks in excellent shape for the Saldivia fight and has brought in a strength and conditioning coach for this camp, at least he's trying to take steps to bettering his self as a fighter, but we'll see how it turns out.

I'm sure Brook would love the fight, any good counter puncher with solid power would love a crack at Amir, why would you think he wouldn't..as for there little argument, I don't know why people read into things like that so much, Khan is simply a better talker.
I don't necessarily mean in shape, but mentally, mentally dedicated. It seems all Amir is looking for is excuses, when the problem lies at number 1. He had the talent but not the brain, he should have clocked onto his weakness after Prescott, but no, time and time again he has been found out. He wants to engage in a fight and when he does he comes out second best. If he'd have learned that years ago with a trainer that had his interests at heart, he'd be in a better place now. But all he is looking for now is excuses.

Brook might just be a silent assassin, he never really has come across as confident when he speaks. But I think he suffers a bit from the mental dedication also, both a similar in that way I suppose. They are vulnerable, so it could make for a good fight. But if Khan books his ideas up under Virgil, he wins the fight IMO.

Brook should learn a lesson from Khan and he should be looking at somebody like Virgil to before its to late. He needs somebody to get the very best out of him and improve him. Dominic is not the man to do that IMO, he's taken him this far, but he needs world class now to become world class.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #24
simmo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I want to see him fight the 6 Brummy guys in a WWE style elimination match first.
simmo is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #25
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

**** a world title, if Brook beats Saldivia and once Khan takes Molina to bits, they should fight!!!

If Eddie and Kell practice what they preach they should look to make this fight immediately after the pre mentioned fights, but, and theres always a but, i honestly dont see Khan stepping up to the plate and fighting Brook, thats just my hunch on the situation
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #26
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Whether its all just hot air to promote their upcoming fights maybe.
From what Hearn said today its seems like the idea is brook vs bailey/Alexander early 2013 for IBF then it could happen.

I wouldn't hold your breath though or put any money on it. I can see at least another 2 final eliminators for Brook and Khan will want to get a belt back at 140 before risking his career in a gamble fight with Brook. I'd love it to happen soon and the winner to fight Hatton
oli is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #27
bazza12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
two shit hype jobs

no stamina vs no chin
Amir Khan has one of the best resume's in Britain today. Kotelnik, Malignaggi, Maidana, Judah against Peterson and Garcia.

Shit hype job is far too much.
bazza12 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #28
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knack View Post
No he doesn't, Kell needs to get through next week's fight and he's got the title shot.
He already turned down the big tiime, I reckon he just likes build up fights
icemax is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #29
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_chin View Post
I still think khan wants to do more at 140.
I still think your a prick.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #30
hth
one horrible b*stard!!!!!

props to khan if this happens but i dont think it will

risk exceeds financial gain for amir on this one. Unless HBO/Showtime take a punt on it happening in the states i very much doubt it would be broadcast by either channel which just leaves the money they can domestically generate
hth is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum