Old 10-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #16
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Ringside hypocrisy......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashedward View Post
I agree that it`s very disappionting that Sky have dropped the budget for the likes of f1 and especially Nfl which is a joke.The Maloney leisure centre shows wernt working but what thay should have kept on Hatton.

They should of given Hearn and Hatton around 10 shows each and have about 6 or 8 dates for where the likes of Coldwell,VIP and Goodwin could compete for.We would of have allot more variety in the shows if they did it like that.The problem with the American shows is that they are in the early hours of the morning so dont do great rating but they should of kept some money for the really big ones
Well said mate.

I really don't understand it sometimes on this site............

Surely we all ultimately want the same thing?

As much boxing on our television screens as possible!

People are so quick to jump on Boxnation if they fail to deliver every fight out there for just 2.50 (or a pint of beer) a week (although I think it is a poor showing by them this weekend failing to pick up the Donaire card), but at the same time jump to the defence of Sky when they charge a far higher price for what basically amounts to far less, and it is now becoming even less still.

I don't care for the argument that with Sky I also get all the football and F1 (and all the rest), I don't subscribe for that I subscribe simply for the boxing and have done for about twenty years now.

I am REALLY disappointed with the decision to go solely with Matchroom, it in no way is the best thing for the sport or the viewer, can you imagine if Sky decided to take this approach with other sports?

I am certain it would cause equal anger amongst the fans of that particular sport, being told they would stick rigidly to one particular league or one particular tournament is ridiculous and does not offer the best coverage.

Sky are not helping the image of the sport and they are doing little to entice new viewers or fans by running irregular shows with a limited stable of fighters.
Michael300 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #17
ashedward
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ringside hypocrisy......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
Well said mate.

I really don't understand it sometimes on this site............

Surely we all ultimately want the same thing?

As much boxing on our television screens as possible!

People are so quick to jump on Boxnation if they fail to deliver every fight out there for just 2.50 (or a pint of beer) a week (although I think it is a poor showing by them this weekend failing to pick up the Donaire card), but at the same time jump to the defence of Sky when they charge a far higher price for what basically amounts to far less, and it is now becoming even less still.

I don't care for the argument that with Sky I also get all the football and F1 (and all the rest), I don't subscribe for that I subscribe simply for the boxing and have done for about twenty years now.

I am REALLY disappointed with the decision to go solely with Matchroom, it in no way is the best thing for the sport or the viewer, can you imagine if Sky decided to take this approach with other sports?

I am certain it would cause equal anger amongst the fans of that particular sport, being told they would stick rigidly to one particular league or one particular tournament is ridiculous and does not offer the best coverage.

Sky are not helping the image of the sport and they are doing little to entice new viewers or fans by running irregular shows with a limited stable of fighters.
I agree,if you only get Sky for the boxing then it`s very poor what they have done.The ratings haven`t been so bad to justify the cut and the quality controll at sky boxing has been very poor and has been the main reason that viewing figures have been low.Little Franks latviens and fisheyes Afrobums were a mainstay for far to long.Thay are trying to put that right but with only one promoter i don`t think it will work.Put on good fights and people will watch Boxing in this country.

I like football and cricket to much to ever cancel my Sky subscription,but if i only watched Boxing then i woud feel the value for money we get for 10 at Boxnation far exceeds what we get from Sky.
ashedward is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum