boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
IKnowBoxing

vCash:
Default Roy Jones the most overrated fighter in history & afraid to lose. Just hear me out...

Roy Jones Jr. is the most overrated fighter in recent history and a coward to boot. He is completely ovarrated because he always wins against his unknown competitors. He rarely fought big time fighters. One for example was the Polish-German boxer Dariurz Michalczewski, who had a record of 47 wins and 0 losses at the time he challenged Roy, who was too afraid to lose is title and refused.

Let me explain ....................

A few points to consider: 1. Jones' quality of opponents is nothing to brag about. He has admittedly refused to take dangerous fights unless he is paid astronomical sums. 2. Griffith was beating him easily Jones could barely handle 40 year old Mike McCallum. Why? Because Jones relies on speed and power and has little technical skills and the heart of a relative pansy. 3. Are Glenhoffe Johnson and Antonio Tarver great fighters? Hell no. They are good --and that is all it took and ever will take to defeat the fraudulent Roy Jones, Jr. Too many ignoramuses are on this site who are dazzled by speed and power. Truly great fighters have 4 qualities: worthy opponents, formidable technical skils, a warrior's heart, and athleticism, Roy has athleticism. That's one out of four. That ain't great, baby. That's good. Tops. Robinson, Duran, Pep, Joe Louis. These are greats. Jones should close his mouth and know his place.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2009, 04:10 PM   #2
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side VIP

vCash: 248
Default Re: Roy Jones the most overrated fighter in history & afraid to lose. Just hear me ou

IKNOWBOXING, do you know Jones has never fought anyone named "Griffith" and that, in fact, not only invalidates this ridiculous post, but your username in general?
janeschicken is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2009, 04:11 PM   #3
IKnowBoxing

vCash:
Default Re: Roy Jones the most overrated fighter in history & afraid to lose. Just hear me ou

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeschicken View Post
IKNOWBOXING, do you know Jones has never fought anyone named "Griffith" and that, in fact, not only invalidates this ridiculous post, but your username in general?

You know who I meant. GRIFFIN. There, is that better?
Old 10-17-2009, 04:14 PM   #4
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Who's not overratted ?Isn't this your 2nd thread regarding this ? How many more do we go coming ?
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
Mr. HU
KP vs BHop anniversary
ESB Addict

vCash: 18446744073709546541

What you (IknowBoxing) and alot of people don't realize is that it wasn't jones opponents that were bad but it was more Jones was that much better than everyone

Prime example is how good Marquez is compared to the skill of Mayweather!!

Marquez was considered the #2 P4P by every list!!!!!!

You probably need to go back and watch Roy in his prime, not the 40 year old Roy vs Calzaghe!!!
Mr. HU is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #6
RyDogg123
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKnowBoxing View Post
Roy Jones Jr. is the most overrated fighter in recent history and a coward to boot. He is completely ovarrated because he always wins against his unknown competitors. He rarely fought big time fighters. One for example was the Polish-German boxer Dariurz Michalczewski, who had a record of 47 wins and 0 losses at the time he challenged Roy, who was too afraid to lose is title and refused.

A few points to consider: 1. Jones' quality of opponents is nothing to brag about. He has admittedly refused to take dangerous fights unless he is paid astronomical sums. 2. Griffith was beating him easily Jones could barely handle 40 year old Mike McCallum. Why? Because Jones relies on speed and power and has little technical skills and the heart of a relative pansy. 3. Are Glenhoffe Johnson and Antonio Tarver great fighters? Hell no. They are good --and that is all it took and ever will take to defeat the fraudulent Roy Jones, Jr. Too many ignoramuses are on this site who are dazzled by speed and power. Truly great fighters have 4 qualities: worthy opponents, formidable technical skils, a warrior's heart, and athleticism, Roy has athleticism. That's one out of four. That ain't great, baby. That's good. Tops. Robinson, Duran, Pep, Joe Louis. These are greats. Jones should close his mouth and know his place.

Pleaseeeeeeeeee!! This is awful. The dude beat immence fighters, you cant beat Hopkins with one hand, win every round against Toney, stop clinton woods, stop Vinny Paz, win every round against a fuly fledged heavyweight who still fights for titles in Ruiz bare in mind jones came from middleweight originally, beat tarver, stop hill. There only a few!!
RyDogg123 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2009, 04:18 PM   #7
itrymariti
Caņas!
East Side Guru

You are an abominably poor poster.
itrymariti is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #8
Cool2008
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I think Roy had atg skills, but just refused to fight the best time and time again

He should have fought Michalczewski

His resumee doesn't look impressive at all
Cool2008 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2009, 04:20 PM   #9
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:

You've basically just used any criticism and rumor to make what YOU think is an educated post. This is purely fanboy rubbish. You really haven't even made any points. You're just trolling hoping to catch a bite...
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2009, 04:20 PM   #10
Mr. HU
KP vs BHop anniversary
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riko Spadafora View Post
There's no point of making this thread everyone knows Roy Jones is great. You fail, u could of atleast made this a Calzaghe thread.

Very true!!!
Mr. HU is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2009, 04:22 PM   #11
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Amazingly I actually agree with some of your points. However I do think that a prime Roy was great and capable of dominating anyone. He would have whupped Michalzewski but i do agree that he ducked him. Also agree with your points on him getting ktfod by Johnson,Tarver who are not great fighters. Jones probably has the best natural gifts of all time,but he did lack some of the other ingrediants like you mentioned.
anarci is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #12
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:

Log off man you don't know boxing. Who's nexton your overrated list? Sugar ray Leonard.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2009, 04:27 PM   #13
Mr. HU
KP vs BHop anniversary
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool2008 View Post
I think Roy had atg skills, but just refused to fight the best time and time again

He should have fought Michalczewski

His resumee doesn't look impressive at all

Roy fought:

James Toney
Bernard Hopkins
Virgil Hill
Mike McCallum
Montell Griffin
Antonio Tarver
Glenn Johnson
Clinton Woods

Some of those dudes are Hall of Famers and countless others who had undefeated records!!

Are you crazy!!!
Mr. HU is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2009, 04:30 PM   #14
lefthook89
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. HU View Post
Roy fought:

James Toney
Bernard Hopkins
Virgil Hill
Mike McCallum
Montell Griffin
Antonio Tarver
Glenn Johnson
Clinton Woods

Some of those dudes are Hall of Famers and countless others who had undefeated records!!

Are you crazy!!!

he has to be, why else would he start this thread?? because he has a legitimate argument??
lefthook89 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2009, 04:51 PM   #15
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:

Once again, I should probably resist the urge to respond to a troll, but here goes.

Jones fought everyone he should have fought, save for Darius.

BTW, when did Darius challenge him ?

As i recall, neither one was overly anxious to face the other.

Darius wouldn't come to America and Jones, who was robbed of a gold medal by Korean judges, was understandably reluctant to go to Darius.

Other posters have cited lists of fighters he should have faced and I've generally shown such lists to be steeped in error or outright falsehood or meaningless AT THE TIME. Hindsight is 20-20.

Quote:
2. Griffith was beating him easily

Complete horse**** !

Roy was ahead on the scorecards and well on the way to a victory when he got a little over-enthusiastic after knocking Griffin down.

He was ****ed off in the rematch and showed how utterly devastating he could be when so-motivated.

A brutal first round KO of Toney's two-time daddy, Montel Griffin, leaving absolutely no doubt as to who was the better man.

Before he KO'd him, he stalked him and backed him up. Even Griffin clearly knew he was in with a Jones of a different mood. His body language indicated intimidation.

Quote:
Jones could barely handle 40 year old Mike McCallum.
You're ****ing laughable, even for a troll.

Jones won every round on all three cards and knocked the larger McCallum down.

Tarver and Johnson came when Jones should have been retired.

Had he retired at 35 after beating Ruiz AND Tarver, like he should have, he would be ranked a top 10 ATG.

I put little stock in what he's done or failed to do since.

In short, your post is complete ****, and clearly demonstrates the irony in your choice of username.
cuchulain is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum