boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
Arran
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rugby, Engerland.
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 75
Default Why is Wilder feasting on bums?

We have seen many threads slagging Price for fighting Skelton...yet Wilder after 11 more fights is still facing bums with 5 or even 10 defeats on their records. Infact....David Haye has only had 3 more fights than Wilder , so whats his excuse?
Arran is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2012, 07:22 AM   #2
Atlanta
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 9,345
vCash: 528
Default Re: Why is Wilder feasting on bums?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Atlanta is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
oibighead
G.O.A.T.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Posts: 6,264
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why is Wilder feasting on bums?

Because Deontay is a yank
oibighead is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:25 AM   #4
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,988
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why is Wilder feasting on bums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran View Post
We have seen many threads slagging Price for fighting Skelton
For every thread bashing Fury or Price I see 10 threads bashing Wilder.

Wonder why?
madballster is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:30 AM   #5
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: A cut above my left nose
Posts: 3,223
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why is Wilder feasting on bums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran View Post
We have seen many threads slagging Price for fighting Skelton...yet Wilder after 11 more fights is still facing bums with 5 or even 10 defeats on their records. Infact....David Haye has only had 3 more fights than Wilder , so whats his excuse?
People have higher expectations for Price. A fighter of Skelton's calibre would be considered a monumental step up for Wilder at this point.

Your mistake is thinking the two are comparable. They might be, in the future, but right now they're taking different paths.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #6
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,362
vCash: 1551
Default Re: Why is Wilder feasting on bums?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I've said it again and I'm going to say it again.
dyna is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
tezel8764
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,941
vCash: 527
Default Re: Why is Wilder feasting on bums?

Each to their own I guess.
tezel8764 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #8
Wegner
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 644
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why is Wilder feasting on bums?

Good article. Would read again.
Wegner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #9
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 11,240
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why is Wilder feasting on bums?

It's because Wilder sucks.

America is desperate for a new HW and shamefully this guy is one of the best they have. Promoters aren't dumb, they'll feed him cans on HBO over and over and dumb casuals will think they finally have a guy who could win a world title.

Oscar will then make a ton of money as Wilder is KO'd in three rounds by the first live body he fights.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #10
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,362
vCash: 1551
Default Re: Why is Wilder feasting on bums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran View Post
We have seen many threads slagging Price for fighting Skelton...yet Wilder after 11 more fights is still facing bums with 5 or even 10 defeats on their records. Infact....David Haye has only had 3 more fights than Wilder , so whats his excuse?
People like Lamar Clark and Eric "Butterbean" Esch.
They're bum eaters, they blow up their record by feasting on bums.
Wilder is currently on his way to be the new Lamar Clark.

Butterbean was never marketed as a good fighter, he was simply a 4 rounder that brought enjoyment and earned boxing some money. (Worst boxer with the best KOs)
dyna is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #11
maciek4
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,206
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why is Wilder feasting on bums?

To build a name for himself. Like David Haye said "it doesn't matter if they are talking positevly or negatively about you, it is important that they are talking about you period". Right now there are more threads about Deontay Wilder than Wladimir Klitschko.
maciek4 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #12
bailey
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 15,423
vCash: 80
Default Re: Why is Wilder feasting on bums?

I did a post recently that may fit this thread. It was another post with a bit added after.
Slightly off subject but enjoy

An old post but you should get the idea

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
America not having a successful HW for some time. Possible reasons?
America have not had a dominant world champ for some years now and after looking at the current scene, I started looking at possible reasons.

Possibly Americas beat HW prospect at this time is Deontay Wilder who is 20-0 (20KOs). Looks impressive, but who has he fought?

Now look at how much tougher the European HWs are matched on the way up

Tyson Fury in 17 fights has fought undefeated 16-0 Pajkic, undefeated 14-0 Chisora, undefeated 13-0 Nascimento, undefeated 12-0 Power and McDermott twice

Derek Chisora in 17 fights has fought undefeated 14-0 Fury, undefeated 16-0 Helenius, D Williams and S ***ton twice

Robert Helenius in 17 fights has fought L Brewster, A Levin, S Peter, S Liakhovich, D Chisora and undefeated 12-0 G Tony

Could it be because of soft matching on the way up, why American HWs have tended to crumble when facing decent European opposition who seem to be matched alot tougher on the way up?

What do you think?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Since this post D Chisora has fought D Haye, V Klitschko and signed to fight W Klitschko which shows how he is willing to take chances

T Fury has also beaten M Rogan

Then you have other HWs like Price who has beaten McDermott, A Harrison, S ***ton, undefeated 15-0 Dallas and is fighting Skelton next.

Then look at 17-0 Kubrat Pulev who in his 17 fights has beaten 27-0 Ustinov, 32-1 Dimitrenko, D Guinn, P Vidoz, M Sprott, M Skelton in his 5th fight!!!, he was beating a 17-2 fighter in his third fight.



Wilder has had more fights and should have gained some experience from those and maybe because he has had it so much easier than the above has been preserved a bit, but I dont think he has fought at a level as high as these fighters above. Just look at the names on Furys resume
bailey is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #13
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 18,667
vCash: 1158
Default Re: Why is Wilder feasting on bums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran View Post
We have seen many threads slagging Price for fighting Skelton...yet Wilder after 11 more fights is still facing bums with 5 or even 10 defeats on their records. Infact....David Haye has only had 3 more fights than Wilder , so whats his excuse?

Because just like Price Wilder has a Glass Jaw. He is being protected for a big money fight.

Why hasn't Price fought Fury yet?

Winner of that would be hyped to the moon by you Brits and would for sure be inline for a big money fight.

Both Wilder and Price are being coddled. Why does Price have so few fights? They came out of the same Olympics.
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #14
Arran
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rugby, Engerland.
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why is Wilder feasting on bums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I did a post recently that may fit this thread. It was another post with a bit added after.
Slightly off subject but enjoy

An old post but you should get the idea

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
America not having a successful HW for some time. Possible reasons?
America have not had a dominant world champ for some years now and after looking at the current scene, I started looking at possible reasons.

Possibly Americas beat HW prospect at this time is Deontay Wilder who is 20-0 (20KOs). Looks impressive, but who has he fought?

Now look at how much tougher the European HWs are matched on the way up

Tyson Fury in 17 fights has fought undefeated 16-0 Pajkic, undefeated 14-0 Chisora, undefeated 13-0 Nascimento, undefeated 12-0 Power and McDermott twice

Derek Chisora in 17 fights has fought undefeated 14-0 Fury, undefeated 16-0 Helenius, D Williams and S ***ton twice

Robert Helenius in 17 fights has fought L Brewster, A Levin, S Peter, S Liakhovich, D Chisora and undefeated 12-0 G Tony

Could it be because of soft matching on the way up, why American HWs have tended to crumble when facing decent European opposition who seem to be matched alot tougher on the way up?

What do you think?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Since this post D Chisora has fought D Haye, V Klitschko and signed to fight W Klitschko which shows how he is willing to take chances

T Fury has also beaten M Rogan

Then you have other HWs like Price who has beaten McDermott, A Harrison, S ***ton, undefeated 15-0 Dallas and is fighting Skelton next.

Then look at 17-0 Kubrat Pulev who in his 17 fights has beaten 27-0 Ustinov, 32-1 Dimitrenko, D Guinn, P Vidoz, M Sprott, M Skelton in his 5th fight!!!, he was beating a 17-2 fighter in his third fight.



Wilder has had more fights and should have gained some experience from those and maybe because he has had it so much easier than the above has been preserved a bit, but I dont think he has fought at a level as high as these fighters above. Just look at the names on Furys resume
the thing is americans on here have always slagged british boxers for building up their 'resume', having loads of fights against nobodies before finally moving up after like 30 fights...Hatton as an example was abused on here for it.....yet it seems this guy is happy to just ko bums and getting little ring experience since hes basically fighting **** and at the same time building his 'resume' up to like 40-0 before fighting anyone with a pulse...i thought that was what british fighters did, not americans? im not on david hayes **** by any means...but like I said, look wha Haye has done in only 3 fights more. if this guy was british he would have 30 diss threads per week on here.
Arran is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #15
Arran
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rugby, Engerland.
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why is Wilder feasting on bums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
Because just like Price Wilder has a Glass Jaw. He is being protected for a big money fight.

Why hasn't Price fought Fury yet?

Winner of that would be hyped to the moon by you Brits and would for sure be inline for a big money fight.

Both Wilder and Price are being coddled. Why does Price have so few fights? They came out of the same Olympics.
because Fury ran away from the mandatory and vacated his belts

not sure why he has had so few fights...but Wilder was fighting guys with 38 losses after the same amount of fights that price has had.
Arran is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015