Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044
Default Geale VS Mandy - Objective thoughts please, leave the trolling at the gate...

Well folks, it looks like this fight is on. I don't think it was the best fight for Geale, but I also can't do much about it.
I would have preferred Geale to fight Martinez or Golovkin, or any other top 5 MW.

Mandy is obviously where the money is at (right now), plus Geale has an opportunity for redemption.

Looking at this fight as objectively as I can, being a big fan of Geale for some years now, I'll be the first to admit I am very biased.
I'll also admit I have come to warm to Mandy a little over the last couple years, particularly since he was beaten and humbled by Garth.

Anyway, the way I see this fight going is Geale will be in control from the first round.
Mandy will have the odd round showing a glimmer of his old self, but naturally won't be able to continue this for any length of time. These moments will pressure Geale a little, but nothing to rattle him.

Geale will use his angles and volume to keep Mandy out of his comfort zone.
Mandy has never been great under a lot of pressure, and this is what Geale will be trying to do, constantly.

Geale is not not fazed by flurries, as he returns them immediately, twice as much.

Stamina will be an issue for Mandy at this pace, but again, not a problem for Geale. Geale will be using his superb footwork and movement to dance around him.

Based on their first fight, Geales improvement and age, Mandys slide and age, I just can't see how Mandy can with this. I can't even see how he'll manage to win more than 2-3 rounds.

This is my objective opinion, I've been plenty wrong before, and I'm sure I'll be wrong again.

As I said in another thread, if the fight is won by either man in a fair and legitimate fashion, I'll be the first to congratulate either fighter.

Be gentle guys, leave the bashing of each fighter, idiotic subjective views, and trolling for the numerous other Geale/Mandy threads, let's try and keep this sensible.

May the best man win, and let's hope it's a great fight.
Sox is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071
Default Re: Geale VS Mandy - Objective thoughts please, leave the trolling at the gate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Well folks, it looks like this fight is on. I don't think it was the best fight for Geale, but I also can't do much about it.
I would have preferred Geale to fight Martinez or Golovkin, or any other top 5 MW.

Mandy is obviously where the money is at (right now), plus Geale has an opportunity for redemption.

Looking at this fight as objectively as I can, being a big fan of Geale for some years now, I'll be the first to admit I am very biased.
I'll also admit I have come to warm to Mandy a little over the last couple years, particularly since he was beaten and humbled by Garth.

Anyway, the way I see this fight going is Geale will be in control from the first round.
Mandy will have the odd round showing a glimmer of his old self, but naturally won't be able to continue this for any length of time. These moments will pressure Geale a little, but nothing to rattle him.

Geale will use his angles and volume to keep Mandy out of his comfort zone.
Mandy has never been great under a lot of pressure, and this is what Geale will be trying to do, constantly.

Geale is not not fazed by flurries, as he returns them immediately, twice as much.

Stamina will be an issue for Mandy at this pace, but again, not a problem for Geale. Geale will be using his superb footwork and movement to dance around him.

Based on their first fight, Geales improvement and age, Mandys slide and age, I just can't see how Mandy can with this. I can't even see how he'll manage to win more than 2-3 rounds.

This is my objective opinion, I've been plenty wrong before, and I'm sure I'll be wrong again.

As I said in another thread, if the fight is won by either man in a fair and legitimate fashion, I'll be the first to congratulate either fighter.

Be gentle guys, leave the bashing of each fighter, idiotic subjective views, and trolling for the numerous other Geale/Mandy threads, let's try and keep this sensible.

May the best man win, and let's hope it's a great fight.
I don't really think you left anything at the door.

Mundine has faster hands, probably more pop in his shots and his stamina has never really been an issue when he has had a big fight.

The Mundine slide in skills is largely a myth coming from the falliga fight where he looked shot. Since then he has looked great save for his (fluke) loss to Wood.

He still has the slick defence, he still has the waist movement and he still has all of the tools to beat Geale up and he will. Geale is a good fighter but he is very basic in his approach and thus thrives against fundamentally "correct" boxers as they do what he expects them to - Choc is not an upright "European" style fighter....
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #3
Sox
East Side Guru

Default Re: Geale VS Mandy - Objective thoughts please, leave the trolling at the gate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
I don't really think you left anything at the door.

Quote:
Mundine has faster hands, probably more pop in his shots and his stamina has never really been an issue when he has had a big fight.
I think Mandy had faster hands a few years back, but not now.
Stamina was a small issue in their last fight, and whilst it hasn't been since, he also hasn't fought anyone that could test him since.
Against Geale, his stamina will be a problem IMO.
Quote:
The Mundine slide in skills is largely a myth coming from the falliga fight where he looked shot. Since then he has looked great save for his (fluke) loss to Wood.
I don't believe so, everything he used to do so well, he does just average now.
We'll agree to disagree.
Quote:
He still has the slick defence,
His vision troubles him there, he gets hit much more than he once did, fighting worse fighters.
Interestingly, Geale gets hit much less than he once did, fighting better fighters.
Quote:
he still has the waist movement and he still has all of the tools
True, just slower, with less pop and stamina.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I see mundine showing everything he has got in the first 2 rounds, and then leaving it all there.
Mundines only chance is to stop Geale in the first 2-3, after that conditioning takes over. Mundine may have a couple of flashes of his former self here and there in the later rounds, but his age, and obvious lack of strength will play a big part.

His level of opponent in the last 3 years has been nowhere. Geale on the other hand has fought and won against world class, claiming 2 titles. Mundine has fought noones, and won nothing, and has been stopped by Garth wood. These facts facts speak for themselves.

Rounds 1-3 = Choc stays with Geale and survives with movement
Rounds 4-6= Geale ups the workrate, Choc on the back foot
Rounds 7-9= Geales workrate too much for choc, loses all 3 rounds
Roundss 10-12 Geales Work rate tires choc, and choc gets caught with shots, possible stoppage in rounds 10-11.
Winner - Geale
Choc retires.
fighta29 is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #5
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

I think Mandy had faster hands a few years back, but not now.
Stamina was a small issue in their last fight, and whilst it hasn't been since, he also hasn't fought anyone that could test him since.
Against Geale, his stamina will be a problem IMO.
I don't believe so, everything he used to do so well, he does just average now.
We'll agree to disagree.
His vision troubles him there, he gets hit much more than he once did, fighting worse fighters.
Interestingly, Geale gets hit much less than he once did, fighting better fighters.
True, just slower, with less pop and stamina.
I truly think the highlighted bits are wishful thinking on your part.

I really think Mundine will go at Geale from the opening bell, I think he will stop Danny.
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #6
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I truly think the highlighted bits are wishful thinking on your part.

I really think Mundine will go at Geale from the opening bell, I think he will stop Danny.
I think he will go at him too. I really think its his only chance of winning this fight. But his lack of power will stop it from happening.
fighta29 is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #7
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighta29 View Post
I see mundine showing everything he has got in the first 2 rounds, and then leaving it all there.
Mundines only chance is to stop Geale in the first 2-3, after that conditioning takes over. Mundine may have a couple of flashes of his former self here and there in the later rounds, but his age, and obvious lack of strength will play a big part.

His level of opponent in the last 3 years has been nowhere. Geale on the other hand has fought and won against world class, claiming 2 titles. Mundine has fought noones, and won nothing, and has been stopped by Garth wood. These facts facts speak for themselves.

Rounds 1-3 = Choc stays with Geale and survives with movement
Rounds 4-6= Geale ups the workrate, Choc on the back foot
Rounds 7-9= Geales workrate too much for choc, loses all 3 rounds
Roundss 10-12 Geales Work rate tires choc, and choc gets caught with shots, possible stoppage in rounds 10-11.
Winner - Geale
Choc retires.
Truly awful analysis. I thought movement didn't matter .

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighta29 View Post
I think he will too. I really think its his only chance of winning this fight.
Men were talking in this thread.
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Most people are writing Choc off entirely. I think he will be primed for this fight, and it is going to be a much closer fight than a lot of people think.

It's Chocs last chance at the big time, he isn't going to leave any stone unturned, can he win?? I believe he has a pretty good chance, he will not be as weight drained as when he needs to make JMW which mean he won't come in looking like a HIV victim as he has over the last few years.

I believe that it's going to be a much more competetive fight than people think.
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #9
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
Most people are writing Choc off entirely. I think he will be primed for this fight, and it is going to be a much closer fight than a lot of people think.

It's Chocs last chance at the big time, he isn't going to leave any stone unturned, can he win?? I believe he has a pretty good chance, he will not be as weight drained as when he needs to make JMW which mean he won't come in looking like a HIV victim as he has over the last few years.

I believe that it's going to be a much more competetive fight than people think.
His body has been looking more healthy in his last few fights, the Jerez fight is the only one where I thought he may have ****ed himself on the weight cut.

Mundine has a huge ego when it comes to competition, I think he genuinely thinks he should be on the biggest stage of them all. You have to believe he is training his ass off to shine once more in the biggest OZ fight since he beat the piss out of Green. Like I mentioned elsewhere, the Mundine decline is mythical. All the tools he needs to beat Geale he still has, the first fight he didn't use his bike so he won't need it this time.
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #10
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:

Behave or leave.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #11
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Behave or leave.
Brah, I was policing this thread!
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #12
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
It's Chocs last chance at the big time, he isn't going to leave any stone unturned
I think you're 100% right.

However, it's his body that will let him down, not his will.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #13
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Movement matters when you are on the back foot. Keep the trolling out of here.
fighta29 is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #14
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Brah, I was policing this thread!
Not very well though. C'mon play nice.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #15
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I think you're 100% right.

However, it's his body that will let him down, not his will.
The main 2 concersn are his eye and his Hip, He has kept the severity of his hip injury under wraps for many years, but there is a reason why his movement and defense isn't once what it was and its not entirely to do with him getting older. His hips bothers him in big ways
whipsy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum