boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2008, 01:38 AM   #1
Ashstrodamus
Rodney Dangerfield of ESB
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Up a hog's ass eating a ham sandwich
Posts: 187
vCash: 166
Default Heavyweights:Who Looks Good right now?

-The Klits-of course
-Povetkin-we're getting ready to see what he's made of.
-Haye-Could be hype, but it could be Haye, we'll see.
-Chambers-I want this guy to get into top-shape and he could be really good, but he only fought an eight-rounder last weekend.:(

Division is pretty limited right now, huh?
Ashstrodamus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2008, 01:43 AM   #2
ko_bros
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Heavyweights:Who Looks Good right now?

Soon Chagaev will fight so we'll see more of him. And if he is back to where he was when he fought Valuev then we have another good heavyweight.
Then there is Dimitrienko who is still growing and gaining more respect. I think he is as good as any other HW from 5th and down.
I want to see more of Ibragimov. I don't believe that he is done. After that loss to Wlad he needs to redeem himself. That would be an ugly way to go out with that loss.
Also what about Arreola? I haven't seen much of him but there are a lot of talks of him.
ko_bros is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:45 AM   #3
USboxer1981
The Real Def. MVP
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,940
vCash: 750
Default Re: Heavyweights:Who Looks Good right now?

Arreola needs to get into better shape if he is to be taken seriously...

He has great power and good skills, but his weight problem really slows down his reflexes which greatly diminishes any sort of defensive ability that he has.

He has been coming into fights around 260 and looking really fat...
If its even possible for him, trimming down to around 235 or less would probably make him actually a serious threat in the HW division.
USboxer1981 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:53 AM   #4
Ashstrodamus
Rodney Dangerfield of ESB
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Up a hog's ass eating a ham sandwich
Posts: 187
vCash: 166
Default Re: Heavyweights:Who Looks Good right now?

I'm kinda excited about the return of Vitali. He looks unstoppable to me. His awkward style seems to serve him well. Only one win that wasn't a KO should speak for itself.
Ashstrodamus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:57 AM   #5
ko_bros
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Heavyweights:Who Looks Good right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashstrodamus View Post
I'm kinda excited about the return of Vitali. He looks unstoppable to me. His awkward style seems to serve him well. Only one win that wasn't a KO should speak for itself.
Me too
Any time he fights I expect a KO and a good one.
ko_bros is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:59 AM   #6
RightCross
Grandmaster of Boxing
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Cincinnati Cobra
Posts: 5,267
vCash: 915
Default Re: Heavyweights:Who Looks Good right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko_bros View Post
Soon Chagaev will fight so we'll see more of him. And if he is back to where he was when he fought Valuev then we have another good heavyweight.
Then there is Dimitrienko who is still growing and gaining more respect. I think he is as good as any other HW from 5th and down.
I want to see more of Ibragimov. I don't believe that he is done. After that loss to Wlad he needs to redeem himself. That would be an ugly way to go out with that loss.
Also what about Arreola? I haven't seen much of him but there are a lot of talks of him.
Chagaev is the best active heavy behind the Klits. I hope he has fully recovered and is ready to go soon.

Latest interview with him
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
RightCross is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:07 AM   #7
ko_bros
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Heavyweights:Who Looks Good right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightCross View Post
Chagaev is the best active heavy behind the Klits. I hope he has fully recovered and is ready to go soon.

Latest interview with him
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I think that this is a big ? because he was inactive for quite some time. If he is back at 100% then probably yes but if not then....
ko_bros is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:15 AM   #8
Ashstrodamus
Rodney Dangerfield of ESB
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Up a hog's ass eating a ham sandwich
Posts: 187
vCash: 166
Default Re: Heavyweights:Who Looks Good right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko_bros View Post
I think that this is a big ? because he was inactive for quite some time. If he is back at 100% then probably yes but if not then....
Good post! That's exactly why I didn't mention him. I think he's damaged goods.
Ashstrodamus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:17 AM   #9
ko_bros
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Heavyweights:Who Looks Good right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashstrodamus View Post
Good post! That's exactly why I didn't mention him. I think he's damaged goods.
TIme will tell. I hope he is not done yet. This would suck for the division.
ko_bros is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:49 AM   #10
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 34,512
vCash: 372
Default Re: Heavyweights:Who Looks Good right now?

With Haye deciding to fight Vitali it's clear that Wladimir has his eyes on Povetkin as Povetkin has for him. I'm really hyped about that fight and hope it's a good one.
Scar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:49 AM   #11
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Badlefthook.com
Posts: 11,157
vCash: 75
Default Re: Heavyweights:Who Looks Good right now?

If anyone actually buys the Valuev-Holyfield fight this weekend, let me know how Pianeta looks. I feel like he has some potential. Young, tall, awkward southpaws with decent power don't grow on trees.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:46 AM   #12
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: From Parts Unknown
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Heavyweights:Who Looks Good right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashstrodamus View Post
-The Klits-of course
-Povetkin-we're getting ready to see what he's made of.
-Haye-Could be hype, but it could be Haye, we'll see.
-Chambers-I want this guy to get into top-shape and he could be really good, but he only fought an eight-rounder last weekend.:(

Division is pretty limited right now, huh?
Better than you think. In Addition to ]

Wlad Klit
VitKlit
Povetkin
Chambers
Haye

There is:
Chagaev coming back, undefeated champion with good wins
Valuev- only one loss to Chagaev, current "champion"
Gomez- wins over Virchis, McCall and Sam
Dimentrenko- wins over Hoffman and Krasiniqi
Sultan Ibragamov- only one loss, could get back into it
Sam Peter- even after the humiliation, could loose weight and get back into it
Taurus Bidenko- recent good win over sprott
Sebastion Kober- just one a big one over stablemate Dieter Roth
Kingpin Johnson- good stick and move guy, won his best agaisnt Seldon
Arreola- fat guy can punch, thats for sure
Boytsov- stepping up a bit and soon to be looking for a big fight
Sosnowski- just got a bog win
Wach- undefeated prospect out of Poland may be moving up in class soon
Jason Estrada- a guy with 300 amatuer fights, a sleeper

There are a few others. The point is that the talent is there, the problem is that these guys don't fight eachother.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:50 AM   #13
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tavistock, England
Posts: 7,150
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Heavyweights:Who Looks Good right now?

Yeah, but he said who looks good...Peter for example sure doesn't look good at the moment, and hasn't seemed to live up to his early promise of a real top-level power puncher.

Same with guys like Bidenko. Bless him, good boxer, but he's never going to thrill the division.

In terms of interest and excitement, then the Klits (natch), Haye and Arreola seem to be the clear leaders at the moment. There are other talents trying to get somewhere but those 4 have the most interest around the world in the heavyweight division.

Just after them are guys like Povetkin, Toney, etc.

I still reckon Chambers can do good things in the division. He made mistakes himself in the Povetkin fight, if he can make those adjusts and also shape up a bit more I think he'll be a tricky boxer for anyone out there to overcome.
DamonD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:03 AM   #14
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 18,753
vCash: 1158
Default Re: Heavyweights:Who Looks Good right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
With Haye deciding to fight Vitali it's clear that Wladimir has his eyes on Povetkin as Povetkin has for him. I'm really hyped about that fight and hope it's a good one.
I think we will see Wlad fight an optional in April against Arreola in the States and then he will fight Povetkin in the Fall in Germany.
Rico Spadafora is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:28 AM   #15
pasky2000
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,023
vCash: 75
Default Re: Heavyweights:Who Looks Good right now?

Right now....the WBA is making the Heavies look like a foolish division...
How can they let Valuev fight Holyfield ?

I can't wait til' Wlad gets the chance to dismantle for good, the extremely well protected giant..Valuev !!!
pasky2000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015