Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2012, 06:42 AM   #181
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta View Post
oh please, just because he doesn't lose is now grounds that he fought nobody. Dan Henderson, you are a nobody. So are you Rich Franklin. Forrest Griffin, nobody. Yushin Okami, nobody. Vitor Belfort, nobody.
Spider doesn't so much fight nobodies. He creates them.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2012, 06:50 AM   #182
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar

Yeah the likes of Dan Henderson, Vitor Belfort, Forrest Griffin, Rich Franklin, Chael Sonnen total ****ing nobodies, I really wish Anderson would grow some balls and fight somebody dangerous
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:03 AM   #183
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Yeah the likes of Dan Henderson, Vitor Belfort, Forrest Griffin, Rich Franklin, Chael Sonnen total ****ing nobodies, I really wish Anderson would grow some balls and fight somebody dangerous
Dan Henderson's a real nobody is he

Rich Franklin's a real nobody is he

And Chael Sonnen. People went on and on about how he should have won the first fight - but didn't. Then there were many here who were just certain Sonnen would win the rematch - but didn't. Spider just turned him into another also-ran. Like he has so many others before him.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:06 AM   #184
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar

Silva has tore the whole division to ****ing shreds for years now, he's faced it all, high level wrestlers (sonnen) heavy handed strikers (hendo, belfort) excellent jiu jitsu guys (maia) well rounded fighter (forrest).

What more does he have to do? If he hasn't cemented his legacy then nobody else has either.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:10 AM   #185
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Silva has tore the whole division to ****ing shreds for years now, he's faced it all, high level wrestlers (sonnen) heavy handed strikers (hendo, belfort) excellent jiu jitsu guys (maia) well rounded fighter (forrest).

What more does he have to do? If he hasn't cemented his legacy then nobody else has either.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #186
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NSW via Leeds/London
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 1885
Default Re: UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Silva has tore the whole division to ****ing shreds for years now, he's faced it all, high level wrestlers (sonnen) heavy handed strikers (hendo, belfort) excellent jiu jitsu guys (maia) well rounded fighter (forrest).

What more does he have to do? If he hasn't cemented his legacy then nobody else has either.
Its his fault hes made his opposition look so pedestrian. I find it bizarre how ignored the Foresst victory is a ridiculously impressive win against a huge LHW ex-champ.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #187
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ldn View Post
Its his fault hes made his opposition look so pedestrian. I find it bizarre how ignored the Foresst victory is a ridiculously impressive win against a huge LHW ex-champ.
Well Forrest won a TV show you realize, so he's a joke.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #188
#Tremendous
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 507
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Yeah the likes of Dan Henderson, Vitor Belfort, Forrest Griffin, Rich Franklin, Chael Sonnen total ****ing nobodies, I really wish Anderson would grow some balls and fight somebody dangerous
The only 2 guys who are on that list that were remotely dangerous are Dan and Vitor. You can nitpick Dan's win with ease, and Vitor wasn't a good win. How he won was spectacular but how does beating Terry Martin and Rich Franklin at a CW, earn you a title shot at 185? That fight was more hype than anything.

I hate it when people just read off names on the resume without knowing the circumstances of how those fighters were during that time period. Peter, you're on this forum I assume you're not a casual fan. Don't act like one, be objective.
#Tremendous is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #189
#Tremendous
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 507
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar

In boxing people nitpick for these things. I can name so many examples of not only fellow fans but the proclaimed "experts" themselves discredited wins because of a fighter coming off a lose, or a fighter winning under a certain circumstance like "draining" or a catchweight.

Why is it so wrong to also do the same for MMA? Is it because MMA isn't as taken as seriously as boxing by the fans?
#Tremendous is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #190
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Tremendous View Post
The only 2 guys who are on that list that were remotely dangerous are Dan and Vitor. You can nitpick Dan's win with ease, and Vitor wasn't a good win. How he won was spectacular but how does beating Terry Martin and Rich Franklin at a CW, earn you a title shot at 185? That fight was more hype than anything.

I hate it when people just read off names on the resume without knowing the circumstances of how those fighters were during that time period. Peter, you're on this forum I assume you're not a casual fan. Don't act like one, be objective.
Be objective? are you serious? The guy has put together 16 wins in the UFC in 2 different weight classes against former UFC and Pride champions and your trying to downgrade this?

Look, the guy can't fight a Hendo or a Belfort every fight, common sense, he's gonna fight some challengers who are average in terms of the UFC, but let's be honest here, every single guy Silva has faced has been dangerous in their own right, because every single guy he has faced has won fights in the UFC, you don't win fights in the UFC unless you are highly skilled, that's not up for debate.

I understand what you are saying, for example, Jon Jones last 5 wins are more impressive than any 5 Anderson has put together, if he was in the light heavyweight division he probably would of had a harder run of opponents.

But let's be honest here, Anderson can only beat people who are put in front of him.

And when he has faced top opposition, Forrest Griffin for example who is a former UFC champion so his credibility cannot be called into question, he has made them look foolish.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #191
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Tremendous View Post
The only 2 guys who are on that list that were remotely dangerous are Dan and Vitor. You can nitpick Dan's win with ease, and Vitor wasn't a good win. How he won was spectacular but how does beating Terry Martin and Rich Franklin at a CW, earn you a title shot at 185? That fight was more hype than anything.

I hate it when people just read off names on the resume without knowing the circumstances of how those fighters were during that time period. Peter, you're on this forum I assume you're not a casual fan. Don't act like one, be objective.
Didn't actually see that first time round, wow i'm amazed at that comment.

So let's clarify, in your opinion, Forrest Griffin and Rich Franklin two former UFC champions are "not even remotely dangerous?"

So 2 guys who hold wins over MMA Legends Rampage Jackson and Chuck Liddell respectively aren't "dangerous"?

Yeah, i'm not debating with you, your talking out your ass.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #192
#Tremendous
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 507
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Be objective? are you serious? The guy has put together 16 wins in the UFC in 2 different weight classes against former UFC and Pride champions and your trying to downgrade this?

Look, the guy can't fight a Hendo or a Belfort every fight, common sense, he's gonna fight some challengers who are average in terms of the UFC, but let's be honest here, every single guy Silva has faced has been dangerous in their own right, because every single guy he has faced has won fights in the UFC, you don't win fights in the UFC unless you are highly skilled, that's not up for debate.

I understand what you are saying, for example, Jon Jones last 5 wins are more impressive than any 5 Anderson has put together, if he was in the light heavyweight division he probably would of had a harder run of opponents.

But let's be honest here, Anderson can only beat people who are put in front of him.

And when he has faced top opposition, Forrest Griffin for example who is a former UFC champion so his credibility cannot be called into question, he has made them look foolish.
Once again, you're just reading off the resume without knowing the circumstances. Jon Jones's last 5 fights, Rashad and Shogun the only good wins. Why? Shogun was champion, and Rashad was the legitimate number 1 contender.

Rampage got a title shot because he's a name. Lyoto got a title shot because he's a name. Vitor got a title shot in a weight class he hasn't been in for years because of a short notice.

Those are not good wins, it doesn't matter if they're former champions or not. It matters what they were at that very moment. They didn't earn those title shots. Beating Matt Hamill shouldn't earn you a title shot.

In all honesty I'm looking at Anderson's last 5 wins and I consider them on the near the same level as Jon's last 5. Shogun was coming off knee surgery, and if you were a Shogun fan chances are you knew what was gonna happen. Chael both times was a top 5 MW, and so was Okami. These are good wins and Anderson has alot of good wins but he doesn't have GREAT wins. Jones's win over Rashad was a GREAT win. A former champion who reclaimed his spot as a top 3 guy.

That's an example of a career defining win right there. Beating Forrest who was coming off a brutal KO loss is not.
#Tremendous is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #193
#Tremendous
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 507
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Didn't actually see that first time round, wow i'm amazed at that comment.

So let's clarify, in your opinion, Forrest Griffin and Rich Franklin two former UFC champions are "not even remotely dangerous?"

So 2 guys who hold wins over MMA Legends Rampage Jackson and Chuck Liddell respectively aren't "dangerous"?

Yeah, i'm not debating with you, your talking out your ass.
Rich was another good win, not a great win. Not to mention Rich was never a great champion.
#Tremendous is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #194
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Tremendous View Post
Once again, you're just reading off the resume without knowing the circumstances. Jon Jones's last 5 fights, Rashad and Shogun the only good wins. Why? Shogun was champion, and Rashad was the legitimate number 1 contender.

Rampage got a title shot because he's a name. Lyoto got a title shot because he's a name. Vitor got a title shot in a weight class he hasn't been in for years because of a short notice.

Those are not good wins, it doesn't matter if they're former champions or not. It matters what they were at that very moment. They didn't earn those title shots. Beating Matt Hamill shouldn't earn you a title shot.

In all honesty I'm looking at Anderson's last 5 wins and I consider them on the near the same level as Jon's last 5. Shogun was coming off knee surgery, and if you were a Shogun fan chances are you knew what was gonna happen. Chael both times was a top 5 MW, and so was Okami. These are good wins and Anderson has alot of good wins but he doesn't have GREAT wins. Jones's win over Rashad was a GREAT win. A former champion who reclaimed his spot as a top 3 guy.

That's an example of a career defining win right there. Beating Forrest who was coming off a brutal KO loss is not.
Seriously mate i can't even be bothered debating with you, your trying to tell me that Jones wins over Lyoto Machida and Rampage Jackson aren't credible?

What kind of parallel universe do you live in where beating a former UFC champion isn't a good win?

Honestly, think about what your actually saying before posting.

I'm done.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #195
#Tremendous
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 507
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Seriously mate i can't even be bothered debating with you, your trying to tell me that Jones wins over Lyoto Machida and Rampage Jackson aren't credible?

What kind of parallel universe do you live in where beating a former UFC champion isn't a good win?

Honestly, think about what your actually saying before posting.

I'm done.
Do you consider Manny's win over Shane Mosley a good win? He's a former champion, former P4P great.

Tell me kid do you think that's a good win?

If you say yes like your last posts tells me you will, then I'M DONE because clearly in the words of Roger Mayweather "you don't know shit about boxing".
#Tremendous is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013